Sign in to follow this  
Scuffer

MagPul PTS MASADA ACR

Pictures of the 11.5 CQC.

IMG_20110113_202402.jpg

IMG_20110113_202459.jpg

IMG_20110113_202725.jpg

Sorry for the lack of image quality, better camera and pictures of the guns is due.

How much was this again?

I'm already thinking too much for what amounts to be maybe 1.5 to 2 inches of difference.

Though I'm looking forward to the longer DMR barrel.

How much was this again?

I'm already thinking too much for what amounts to be maybe 1.5 to 2 inches of difference.

Though I'm looking forward to the longer DMR barrel.

150 from my local shop, honestely it doesn't look much shorter, but on the gun its a massive difference.

Whew that is lookin good Phil... I dont know if I want to buy those now or some parts for it :P is the shorter barrel and rail front a limited edition/non made forever kind of thing? If so I might want to pick those up while I can....

Thanks guys, I like it! I've got virtually every gun I need in that case. Just waiting on the ACOG but the AFG arrived earlier so it is now looking closer to my sig picture than ever!

The barrel snd suppressor i got for £140 fron HK. The RIS unit is going to be a permanent edition I think as an accessory but as leftyflip said the DE suppressor is limited edition I don't know how many though; I thought it was about 500-1000 units. Adding everything for that one gun puts the total at around £850 Inc case and optics!!

Oh, stuck with standard hop rubber but might chuck an element one in there when I can get round to it.

Edited by Philbucknall

A few notes on the 11.5.

-Don't crank it all the way in, I did this and had NO power, seems like it squished the lip on the bucking and negated the air seal, lightly locking it down seemed to work for myself and another user.

-Hop-Up, the bucking on these are garbage, my 14.5 can over hop even .27s into the stratosphere, but these struggled to fling a .27 flat at 25m. Another users was even worse resulting in struggling to properly hop even .2s.

-Accuracy, once set properly I'd say it was just as accurate as the 14.5 out to 25m.

Also, the 11.5 i have was absolutely filthy inside. In fact i though i saw a BBC film crew doing a documentary on the origins of life from primordial slime in there! The other thing was that the inner wasn't quite centred in the outer; it was canted to the left so that needed sorting too.

A few more photos of it all neatly squared away!

53fd873d.jpg

a38e74b1.jpg

1c02d76b.jpg

a0568837.jpg

Hey phil, I know it is an inconvenience but next time you have that out, can you check something for me? Would a battery that is 168mms long fit in the railed hand guard nicely or would it stick out of the front? If not would a battery that is 19x15mm thick battery fit? About to order my batteries for the coming projects and I may be able to use 1 set of batteries for 2 guns if the length on that first one is ok..

Anyway thanks! it looks really good, can't wait to get mine lookin about the same!

Arrh yeah, got my RIS today, pictures of my increasingly expensive Masada up soon!

Also I've got a few bits (14.5' barrel/FDE stock/foregrip) up for sale cheap if anyone is interested!

Does anyone have the PTS RIS and the RS RIS to compare? I want to know if the dimensions are exactly the same or if PTS actually left more room to accomodate a battery like they did with the polymer handguard. I only have the RS RIS and from the looks of it, it seems the only difference is the locking pin and the front screw hold which the RS RIS doesn't have.

So I just got the adjustable folding stock today and... yes it is very nicely built, but I feel it was a waste because I am left handed, and I am kinda short (5' 5'') so the folding stock removes the only sling mount that works for me which is the one at the base of the fixed stock, the folding stock has it, but on the other side only, if I mount my sling there when I'm in the firing position the sling goes over the stock, if you do it slowly it's ok, but in the heat of the battle I'm sure it'll get in the way, I experienced with an AK before. I know I can use the ones (either the slotted one or the QD mount) at the end of the stock but as I said, I am kinda short and even with the sling as short as possible the barrel tip almost touches the ground while standing, so I don't feel too safe about that. There's another QD mount at the base of the handguard but that one seems geared more to the use of a 3-point sling, with one point the bulk of the weight of the gun is behind this point and if you let it go it will swivel the barrel upwards (and who knows, possibly poke you in the eye in the process). Really bummed (birthday gift from the wife) and don't want to return it, as I have to ship it all the way back to HK.

Any other lefties have had this issue? Any solutions?

Maybe I'll sell it and use the fixed stock..

Edited by xPLAN303Ex

Most with folding stock are like that though - G36C, KAC PDW, etc. So it's not specifically an ACR design blunder. I'm cack-handed too so I face the same bummer. The only exception I know (or have) is the SCAR-L.

Holy guacamole! It looks as if the 18" DMR is actually going to happen.

I don't know what happened to my pic, but OutletNW have a photo up on their twitter page misidentified as a 556 that shows what I take to be the long version of the Masada.

image172.png

The new offerings from Magpul PTS…including the upcoming PDR (Personal Defense Weapon): best described as a sexy hybrid of a P90 and a FAMAS!

Off topic. Is anyone.... Selling the PTS Magpul Massada's Hand Guard Original??? Prefer a UK Spec Version as you get the extra block part for pin support. rocket.gif