M14 Picture Thread

As for the stock, the M14 has the flip up shoulder pad thingy on the end of the stock, useful for firing whilst lying prone. On the other hand the SOC lacks this and has a standard flat buttpad. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I own a TM M14 SOCOM / SOC16 , and it has the same flip up shoulder support as a standard TM M14. I've used it a few times and its proved useful in some situations , but can be a bit awkward in others.

cheers

Hayabusa

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i really want a TM SOC 16 but do they have the same range as the Standard  M14?

hey mate, at my last skirmish, my friend borrowed a standard m14, and at the end, we tested his alongside my m14 socom (both TM) and the range was almost exactly the same, with the standard m14 maybe getting 5 cm more range

the difference was that small!!

well for magnifying scopes not really, if you want anything from 3x magnification id get a standard scope mount.

however for red dot sights such as aimpoints its fantastic, the sight takes up less room on your field of view, great for spotters and is easier for left eye dominant people. takes alittle getting used to though.

the scout mount works really well but I find that most aimpoint mounts are a little too high. I'm probably going to invest in a real steel aimpoint mount. it's a great gun for spotting and the scout mount puts the aimpoint at a really good distance from your face.

Edited by 1cem4n
Is there a way to efficiently tighten the front cap, just before the front assembly? My Marui has a quite wobbly stock from the front end and I don't like it at all. Tightening the small screw inside the gas piston assembly attached to the barrel helped only to secure itself. :|

I don't think there is any way to fix this, except to get a wood or real Fiberglass stock. The ABS stock flexes a lot in the front, which causes the barrel flexing.

I was thinking of making an aluminum inner frame for the front part of the stock so it won't flex, but I have no idea if there is room to fit something strong enough to help...

The TM SOCOM M14 doesn't seem to have this problem, I will have to check out my friends SOCOM again next time I see it. The stock feels a lot more solid, but it have the shorter barrel probably helps <_< .

I've got a favour to ask of the Brotherhood.

I'm stuck out in Kosovo at the moment, but have found that one of the locals employed as a tailor on base has been knocking out all kinds of odds and sods for peoples webbing. I'm gonna ask him to make up some mag pouches for me, so need magazine dimensions brothers!

Be as precise as possible please, but better to be slightly high than have it end up too small.

Hey guys, I need M14 help:

I bought an AGM M14, and while I was flipping open the plate at the end of the stock to insert a battery, it completely came off!  What can I do?  Should I leave it bare or try to glue the piece back on with some metal glue?

Buy a TM :P

You can leave it bear and put tape over it to stop the battery from falling out. Or glue it back on, its up to you really isnt it ?

TM m14 standard mag size.

H= 12.5cm

W=7.6cm

D=2.7cm

Ive added about 2mm to each measurement to allow for the crappy ruler i was using and as you say better to be a tad larger then too small.

Edited by msx361
TM m14 standard mag size.

H= 12.5cm

W=7.6cm

D=2.7cm

Ive added about 2mm to each measurement to allow for the crappy ruler i was using and as you say better to be a tad larger then too small.

Sweet, cheers for that, I'll be getting me some pouches made before I RTU methinks... :D

They dont have a gng gearbox design in them, but they do have the the gng body, they will be about £200 and if you buy from AA you get 5 free mid caps.

No-one knows anything else yet as they haven hit the shops.