Flecktarn Pictures

Nice outfit, you got to do with your BW Snowy Suit what I didn't when it snowed here... take pictures, lol, I was having too much fun being unseen to remember.

An interesting choice on the gloves though, apparently most BW soldiers keep their grey gloves in their right hand cargo pocket (in case they are required to wear them for some reason) and then they wear self bought gloves. Have you thought of going for the heavy winter gloves they keep appearing quite cheaply on ebay (not so great for tiny trigger guards though) but kept my fingers lovely and warm during the snow game.

Also have a extra big chocolate cookie for calling it a G36V not a G36E ;)

Awesome loadout :)

Edited by Mat
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also have a extra big chocolate cookie for calling it a G36V not a G36E ;)

Haha, yeah I hate it when people do that :P

The gray leather gloves, well I just love them myself. I use them for work and everyday wear too. Not so great when it gets actually cold, but around zero, like it was yesterday, they're great.

I think the only ones I've seen have been the manky unlined ones, however apparently they do a lined winter version, were those the ones you were using? Just wondering as it's only really my fingers I feel the cold in when skirmishing... damn that huge heat sucking lump of metal I have to hold, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My primary loadout at this moment:

106786477.jpg

And without chestrig:

106836152.jpg

Kitlist:

BW Trousers

Leo Koehler KSK Parka

Tacgear Basic Chestrig with ACM dump pouch

Tacgear Boonie Hat

Miltec hydropack

random gloves and boots

"tools"

VFC HK416 (fully upgraded)

TM SOCOM

Cold Steel rubber knife

Cold Steel plastic katana (just for fun!)

Still need padded belt for 1st line and some pouches.

P.S. No, i didn't used katana for a close combat.

P.P.S. But 2-nd pic is in-game.

Quick couple Q's for a modern (I guess) Bundeswehr-loadout using a Mehler vest.

What'd be the proper P8 holster to use?

Also, what would be my best choice hydration-wise?

From pics it seems to be a fairly low-tech looking flecktarn drop leg, I suppose you could get away with something more fancy like a safariland and pretend you are a MP or something. Camelback, I think you can get them in a flecktarn colour.

So...silly question I know but does anyone have a cheaper than average source for an IdZ vest? I just got a mehler and its made me want to go further into the realistic german loadouts. And do they attach the camelbak in in any way or do they just use the backpack straps?

Quick couple Q's for a modern (I guess) Bundeswehr-loadout using a Mehler vest.

What'd be the proper P8 holster to use?

If you want to mount the holster directly to the vest, using the S95 adaptors, just use the standard issue holster that comes with every P8:

http://www.asmc.de/de/Militaerausruestung/...lecktarn-p.html

If you're looking for a drop-leg holster, there are plenty of options available. Personally, I like the HSGI-style holsters with a single leg strap like this one:

http://www.recon-company.de/75Tactical_Tie...105-1619-d.html

If you want to spend a little more, all pistol users on deployment from this year on get issued a Blackhawk Serpa kit in tan color that includes a leg base, a shoulder harness, an IdZ-compatible modular base plate, two quick-detach rings and the holster with an additional retention hood.

Also, what would be my best choice hydration-wise?

The IdZ kit includes a Camelbak Hotshot 3l in OD color, which is what you usually see when a soldiers use a hydration systems.

So...silly question I know but does anyone have a cheaper than average source for an IdZ vest? I just got a mehler and its made me want to go further into the realistic german loadouts. And do they attach the camelbak in in any way or do they just use the backpack straps?

If you're looking for the IdZ load bearing vest, the problem is that every soldier who gets it issued on a deployment will also get the IdZ body armor - and that's almost impossible to get and, if you find one, ridiculously expensive.

The camelbak hotshot comes with a set of smal plastic carabiners so you can mount it directly to all kinds of modular systems. There are no shoulder straps available for it.

I usually use a lightweight (rip-stop material) smock when the game takes place in a woodland environment. The light fabric, pit zips and the generous cut make it very usable even in hot weather, for colder or wet weather you can add layers underneath easily. What I don't really need are the extra lower pockets the german smocks usually have - it just doesn't make much sense to carry a sophisticated first aid or surival/E&E kit in airsoft.

A field or combat shirt is something I only use when I'm wearing body armor for CQB missions.

• 2 weeks later...