Japan Hobby Show - Tokyo Marui Teaser Trailer

GingaNinga

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what i mean. TM is just making guns which already are available. I want something that has never been made!

How do you know that? Do you actually know exactly what these guns are? You don't if you think about it, because the details haven't been released. Not meaning to be an *albartroth* here, but the end of the day, you don't actually have any of the facts.

A SCAR is not a SCAR is not a SCAR, if this is an EBB rifle then it is an entirely new beast and something that simply does not exist right now. Personally, I'd love a TM EBB SCAR-L with the bolt lock/stop firing on empty mag feature that uses the SOPMOD magazines, cause then I'd have more than just M4s that those mags are useful for; and I reckon that's what this'll be, in which case it is actually pretty innovative.

i think people are just abit bored with every company rehashing the same lines with slight variations and TM are one of the oldest inovators but i think people would be jumping up and down in glee if TM released models like a fal or kriss or aek-918 or anything thats not really already avalible not just addons to an already saturated platform the ar15. but thats just me i also think they would make a killing selling thier spas 12 with the stock again or a metal famas.

Agree with the Spas 12 comment, and I agree more innovation is needed in airsoft. Although I do like the EBB movement, which this scar will more than likely be in.

Wonder how it will work though?

Battery in the stock? I'd think unless it was a snug fit, you'd get an annoying rattling sound as the battery moves around unless they have the EBB shennanagins in the stock and the battery in the front of the upper receiver?

Who knows, just happy that more stuff is coming out tbh.

i think people are just abit bored with every company rehashing the same lines with slight variations and TM are one of the oldest inovators but i think people would be jumping up and down in glee if TM released models like a fal or kriss or aek-918 or anything thats not really already avalible not just addons to an already saturated platform the ar15. but thats just me i also think they would make a killing selling thier spas 12 with the stock again or a metal famas.

How would releasing a FAL or a Kriss be any better? FALs are available from King Arms and Star/Ares, along with the Classic Army SA58s. KWA have announced that they are making a Kriss. So in the case of those specific models TM would be "rehashing the same lines with slight variations". The only "new" gun there is the AEK, which is so obscure and, most likely, unpopular, that it wouldn't make any financial sense for them to produce one!

You also have to consider the fact that TM did used to make a variety or replicas. SIGs, an AK, AUGs, PSG-1, FAMAS and you know what sold... M16 variants. Simple ecomonics, you want to turn a profit, make an M16 variant, you want to go broke, make a unique system based off of tons of R&D that fits only a very small niche market. It's sucks it's what we're stuck with but complaining on here isn't going to help.

Also to those who feel they need to make "Not another M4" comments please click here

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=181702

Battery in the stock? I'd think unless it was a snug fit, you'd get an annoying rattling sound as the battery moves around unless they have the EBB shennanagins in the stock and the battery in the front of the upper receiver?

Well, in most SCAR models the battery is in the stock and it's no problem. My AGM model takes a mini in the stock and I've never noticed rattling around in there when I've taken it skirmishing. I'd imagine the weights and associated parts that make up the recoil system will be up the front somewhere like the G36k.

ok replace fal and kriss with a makarov or a hk21 or proper aug a2. G&G are making rifles that are used by the finnish and the swedish army (cant remember the correct names) and im glad as thats the kind of new products like that. but dont get me wrong im glad every time some one makes anything new for airsoft.

I think the SCAR will be the first of many AEGs Marui will release that have recoil and bolt-locking, using the same mags as the SOPMOD. It would make a lot of sense for them to make many different weapons that all share the same magazine, since they're trying to push the SOPMOD-style mags. Going in that direction, we could see a Masada, an F2000 and maybe even an LR-300 (and any other weapon that uses M4/M16 magazines) somewhere down the line, all using the SOPMOD mags. But it's just speculation at this point. We have to wait about two weeks until the hobby show to find out for sure.

I think I speak for everyone here (TM haters too) when I say that I really want to be at that show.

I'm thinking an Arnie-based school type trip to Japan and/or Hong Kong to take in airsoft row and to catch a gun fayre. Say about 50 of us, all on a big coach, crazy Japanese food, oh the shenanigans...

I think I speak for everyone here (TM haters too) when I say that I really want to be at that show.

I'm thinking an Arnie-based school type trip to Japan and/or Hong Kong to take in airsoft row and to catch a gun fayre. Say about 50 of us, all on a big coach, crazy Japanese food, oh the shenanigans...

That would be awesome. Count me in! :D

I have been thinking about that for a while. You guys need a tour guide? LOL.

My previous comment comes as I would prefer if they would sell metal framed and slides outside of Japan. I DO love my tm m9 and DE hardkick but would prefer a metal frame etc. ALSO not all Tm's run that great on propane there G18c breaks, FIVE seven breaks, M9 eats the rails on the frames. Thats not me bashing them at all but just areas they could improve on since alot more people have turned to GG and propane as propellant.

NOT in Japan.....they are limited to 134a, therefore they are not developing their product to others country's need. I don't know how the actual export arrangement works for the people that sells TM guns outside of Japan, the TM is not officially doing business with us.

FIVE seven breaks,

Mine hasn't, and neither have quite a few other peoples...

My g17 ran fine, my Sig 226 ran fine and it wasn't even updated, my MK23 has always loved propane, my 1911 ran fine on it. I've left all my TM pistols internally stock and never had a single issue, however two of the TM pistols you are complaining about are very old designs (M9 and DE), so they were made without propane or possibly green gas in mind, and of the G18cs I've seen they've worked fine on propane for a few hundred rounds. With the plethora of aftermarket externals that are available for TM pistols upgrading to a metal frame is no biggie.

The pistol looks like a Beretta PX4

Mine hasn't, and neither have quite a few other peoples...

Fact remains that there seems to be more with breakage reports, all coinciding with the use of higher pressure gas which they're just not meant to take. Yours is still fine, lucky you. For the rest of us, we're lucky just the same because a big name like TM has plenty of aftermarket companies backing it with stronger stuff.

Yours is still fine, lucky you. For the rest of us, we're lucky just the same because a big name like TM has plenty of aftermarket companies backing it with stronger stuff.

I'm not unique, I know five others that are just fine, compared to working five sevens I've seen or heard of very few completely non-working ones, and it seems par for the course with other newer TM pistols, and much better than stock older designs. Of the problems I've heard of they are not necessarily associated with stronger gas alone but also upgraded parts, like stronger springs, or the cheap guarder controls, or are related to loose screws/parts.

As you say you are also lucky that there are companies making stronger parts. So I fail to see how a pistol designed to work on 134a needing an upgrade for anything stronger is an issue. Especially as those upgrades are often cheap and easy to come by. You can't blame TM for designing a pistol for their primary market, the only reason they could sell metal framed replicas is they have plants outside Japan now, if not I don't know if the government would let them.

Anywho after seeing Inception I want a PX4, I'm hoping that is what it is, I don't really care about the EBB stuff even though it is nifty.

Just compare the pin hole and the grip patterning as well as the position of the safety

121_elenco.jpg

Archived