Stoner is finally coming

Agent47

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I say something wrong?

No... The person either misunderstood you, or just doesn't know what they're talking about.

While the Stoner 63 and Stoner LMG are significantly different in some ways (the other person's point), they are related designs (your point). And - as you said - the "family resemblance" is quite clear.

No... The person either misunderstood you, or just doesn't know what they're talking about.

While the Stoner 63 and Stoner LMG are significantly different in some ways (the other person's point), they are related designs (your point). And - as you said - the "family resemblance" is quite clear.

Yar I know what I am talking about,

Mk63 = LMG designed in Vietnam Era, never saw wide use

Stoner LMG = LMG designed to win the contract that the M249 won and could have put Stoner back on the map

New KAC LMG = Super-light version with improvements of the above Stoner LMG designed to complement the M249

Yar Rly :pirate:

Hey, anybody up for some MGS3 Online? Seeing as they took the servers down, we'll just have to do without the convenience of the Internet. All we need is that Chinese RPG-7 clone to show up, and then we'll have it down!

I sold my PS2 when I started college so I wouldn't be distracted from work ;_____;

Talk to me when MGS4 comes out, then my future can go to hell for all I care

Yar I know what I am talking about,

Then you must have just misunderstood his point. Otherwise, why argue about the weapons being related?

Oh, and for the record, while the Knight's LMG is an improved version of the original Stoner LMG, the correct name is still "Stoner LMG" or - not "KAC LMG". All Knights weapons (except the KAC M203, Masterkey, and new PDW) carry the Stoner name as their propper nomenclature.

;)

yeah, he does, it's not like it hasn't been done to death by now <_<

I really wonder what kind of pricing this will have... I hope it's not up there with their M249s.. but it probably will :(

also, what kind of magazines did this weapon use? i'm assuming some kind of M60 boxmag setup..?

I think the development goes back to when a real airsoft 'Stoner rifle' was announced back in the day and people sort of assumed it would be an update of the M63A1 (not counting the KM / Head 1950 version which gets scratched by the breeze blowing on it :) ).

When the Airsoft version proved to be from the current generation not a few hearts were broken in Hong Kong and Japan (and elsewhere).

The time is right now, and the gun-of-guns is back it seems.

Gonna be constly (relatively low unit sales combined with mucho metal manufacture and so on), but damn the car this year, we go SEAL on some VC.

I almost creamed my jeans when I saw the news about this baby last week. the only thing that would be more awesome would be an airsoft version of the Ultimax 100 LMG.

Still, the Stoner weapons system was an awesome idea - and would was totally ahead of it's time.

And you know, this is the one heavy weapon we can justify outfitting a whole squad with - I'm sure I've got a photo around somewhere of a SEAL patrol straggling back into some firebase all equipped with M63s in various stages of assembalge (carbine, LSW, etc.)

Whoops..... time for a change of undies. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry dudes, but the correct nomenclature for this gun is:

Stoner M63A Mk. 23 Mod. 0 Commando.

It appears to be a copy of KM/HEAD 1950's failed Airsoft version project. The only part they messed up on is the buttstock as you can see ..

Stoner2.jpg

It will be interesting to see which mech. box they use and how they changed the design, because if it is 100% accurate like KM's version, there's not a whole lot of room inside ..

Stoner4.gif

I'd imagine they have to widen the receiver some. Short of that -- they'd have to design and build a ultra thin mech. box that is slimmer than anything yet seen.

Yes the gun is mine, but it's not the G&P -- it's a Japan made KM/HEAD 1950 display model with solid barrel, which KM sold off as models after their Airsoft project with this gun failed when they couldn't get their radical design of the mech. box housed completely inside the rectangular plastic ammo. box to work properly.

I was pointing out that, as indicated by the American $0.10 and $0.05 coins -- in a accurate M63A receiver -- there is not enough room to fit a normal mech. box. Hence -- it will be interesting how G&P deals with this problem, as there hasn't been a mech. box of any design/any dimension made that would be compact enough to fit in an accurately sized M63A receiver (hence KMN wanted to put the mech. box in the magazine).

• 3 years later...

yeah, years ago when I got into 'namsofting this is the one thing I truly wanted, once I get my hands on this I will never ever sell it, this will be going to my grave,

but before that as a wallhanger when I quite airsofting :flamed:

This really is a dream come true, a whole lot of happy ambushes are going to take place on charlie

Archived