KJW 10/22 GBB

Crazybob79

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the pleasure of messing around with one of the old Tanio Koba 10/22's a long, long time ago (i.e. before most of the Airsofters these days had even gone to senior school :blink: ) Really, really nice little gas blowback.

Definitely not keen on the tacti-cool one that KJW look to be doing. Gimme an old school wooden stock on a 10/22 every time.

It's hard to plink with a .22 in the middle of a city... for some airsoft makes so much more sense, especially those who live in countries where firearms are restricted, like Japan. For others it's purchasing what may be the reincarnation of a legend, the TKs are one of the nicest GBBRs ever made.

I'm hoping KJW will be bringing them back with TK's help.

That's a whole new meaning for GBBR; GBB Rimfire.

Wonder if it's a copy of the old (and expensive!) Tanio Koba or the MGC? Maybe even something new altogether?

Its a plink rifle not a combat rifle

Try telling that to the IDF. They've used those suppressed 10/22s of theirs extensively and to great effect.

Having played with both The TK and the MGC... doubt it will be like the MGC version.... Not many companies deal in NBB's anymore, let along fullsized Carbines... Then again these guys make the Mk1... Also a Ruger product....

If they do copy the TK system, I hope they are going to use better metal in the Bolt... seeing an owner almost cry because his bolt shattered was a pretty harsh thing to see for a collector.

The real one is surprisingly accurate out to 150m, even with subsonic ammo. It has as much kick as a GBBR, but darn accurate. I could shoot an 18cm balloon at 80m with the 10/22 every time.

I can see why it is used for what its used for, for shooting at punks throwing rocks at you at the West bank, its probably the perfect "discouraging" weapon. Not to say state sponsored murder is permissable.

I'm defo in the traditional look is better camp. I hope they do eventually make the original style stock as well once they realise that sometimes tacticool is pretty hideous on tradition style rifles. Would defo want to buy one without all the tacticrap

Yes ! , I like it ( well once I drop it into a basic woodstock...)

I was thinking about building a "suedo" 10-22 out of my old Army Detonics and a VSR stock, but this would be far nicer, hope that hop dial can be a clicky one like on a KJW M700

and that the barrel/hop are VSR compatable.

I'm liking this!!!

Jim

Yes ! , I like it ( well once I drop it into a basic woodstock...)

I was thinking about building a "suedo" 10-22 out of my old Army Detonics and a VSR stock, but this would be far nicer, hope that hop dial can be a clicky one like on a KJW M700

and that the barrel/hop are VSR compatable.

I'm liking this!!!

Jim

I want to know if it's droppable into normal 10/22 stocks as well - the tacticool thing really isn't fitting for this gun.

Also longer mags would be a plus. :D

Archived