AK & Variants Picture Thread

Got a couple more. I'm proud of my furniture refinishing job, lol.

SDC11970.jpg

SDC11969.jpg

For anyone curious, after sanding off all the yellow sealant from the wood with 220 grit, I applied a heavy coat of Miniwax Red Mahogany stain with a cloth, waited 15 minutes, then wiped off the excess, and allowed it 8 hours to dry. Then I applied a coat of Miniwax Antique Walnut one-step stain and polyurethane gloss finish with a foam brush, gave that 8 hours to dry, and applied another coat with the foam brush and a small horsehair brush. I applied it a bit thicker than it should be, and brushed it as it was beginning to dry, but that gave it a look more like the varnish on real Soviet wood furniture. It's rather shiny, but I'm sure that with some use, the gloss will get dulled a little and it will look perfect. The one-step stain and polyurethane was important because it helped darken the stain, and it made up for the adhesive in the laminate that did not soak up much stain. After staining it, there were still rather light spots where the layer of wood was thin or the adhesive showed, and the one step really helped cover it up.

Edited by DanHS
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

There is no SVD picture thread for whatever reason.

SVDspear.jpg

I thought RealSword sold Swords; but apparently they also sold Polearms.

Also, this thread need more bayonets.

Edited by adadqgg

Thanks Supervepr, though I'd say my collection is only beginning to get off the ground, considering some posters here have beautiful collections consisting of several Inokatsu, VFC, LCT, RealSword, and other very nice replicas. I'm working towards that though, slowly.

Whitehawk, very boring Inokatsu indeed! No, very nice, though I think I prefer the furniture back the original way.

Now here's something I could use the collective's advice on:

I've wanted an RK-12S for a while, but they went out of stock some time ago, of course. Since some DBoys all steel models are available again, I thought I'd try searching for the RK-12S, but still seems to be out of stock everywhere. I did find it on Airsoft Panda (http://airsoftpanda.kanitech.com.hk/det.php?id=1807), do you think this is a proper RK-12S? The description says steel & potmetal, but I've noticed that nearly every site completely recycles the description for the potmetal version for the all steel version. Anybody know how Airsoft Panda is with this sort of thing?

Now here's something I could use the collective's advice on:

I've wanted an RK-12S for a while, but they went out of stock some time ago, of course. Since some DBoys all steel models are available again, I thought I'd try searching for the RK-12S, but still seems to be out of stock everywhere. I did find it on Airsoft Panda (http://airsoftpanda.kanitech.com.hk/det.php?id=1807), do you think this is a proper RK-12S? The description says steel & potmetal, but I've noticed that nearly every site completely recycles the description for the potmetal version for the all steel version. Anybody know how Airsoft Panda is with this sort of thing?

I know someone who has it and he put a daytona gun kit into it, it is full steel version minus aluminum barrel.

Midwest extended AK-SS

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=449

It's extremely light for a handguard that long, which is nice. Comes with a few modular rail panels (not that you need them, most stuff you can modify to bolt right onto the rail) and has a few built in QD sling swivel mounting points. I had it on a real steel for a while but heat was a bit of a problem, and I don't get out to the range much so I figured I would try it on this for a while.

Well if you don't want a normal AK...

This one is alien, it feel through a time warp to Tunguska, got a heap of gamma rays when David Banner owned it, and now it keeps mutating into something new.

AK%2520PDW%2520phase%25203%2520m4%2520stock%2520shoulder%2520rtside%25201.jpg

phase%25203%2520flash%2520hider%2520mods%2520noveske%2520type%2520mockup%25201.jpg

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

Its an... ummm, a variant! Yeah, that's the ticket...

• Like 1

Isn't the Pribor 3B the basis for the Ripper in Duke Nukem? Still if that was available in airsoft then it would be fun to see.

And adaqgg just because it isn't a factory farmed AK with wood and steel made to Russian specs, doesn't mean it can't have a fit and function. If you can get wooden ARs you can get Tactical AKs and to be honest, aside from the M4 stock i think that little one works.

'FireKnife'