AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

Its a beast. Props for using carbon fibre as well, if thats what it is. Acogs rule, mos def- specially on top of a carry handle, maybe with a masterkey in good old wood and steel for the 90s operator thing.

Not sure if you can get them, but the early nv scopes "starlight" i think theyre called - used on falklands by brittish SF - those woukd look awesome on a rifle length AR or M14. Strictly a dummy tho; those things weiged a ton and probably are collectors items by now.

Edit: just occured to me: does anyone use night vision optics? Theres a place I play at, cqb, based in the tunnels of an old fort in pompey...fantastic buzz cept for the complete lack of light; a large part is pitch black, and crying out for nvgs or scope.....course mil spec stuff like that wd require a mortgage or two I think.

Edited by JackofBlades2448

Could you just not a use a bog standard section of rail, PTS or similar then a rectangular plate on the inside with a couple of holes for the bolts?  A couple of nuts and your done.  Probably wouldn't clear the gasblock so you might have to shape the plate to match the curve of inner rail.

Hey guys. Quick heads up. I got the honey badger front end kit for a wa m4 by mad dog custom. And omg what a pile of . The amount of fitting required it crazy. It would be easer to make it from scratch. Please avoid to avoid disappointment. I'm going to dump mine so if any one wants it pm me and it yours just pay me for shipping.

• Like 1

Could you just not a use a bog standard section of rail, PTS or similar then a rectangular plate on the inside with a couple of holes for the bolts?  A couple of nuts and your done.  Probably wouldn't clear the gasblock so you might have to shape the plate to match the curve of inner rail.

Already has threaded holes (I know they don't look it but trust me).

15964822801_35cb6d35fe_b.jpg

It's not too big of an issue really, I'll be able to get the right piece in time.

Edited by CKinnerley

IMHO, looks better than the PS90, so the RS makes sense.  Wouldn't own an airsoft AR-57 personally since we can have a short-barrelled, full auto airsoft P90, but it's a cool piece.  You're never gonna pull that out of a gun bag only to realise that everyone else at the site that day has turned up with the same gun.

IMHO, looks better than the PS90, so the RS makes sense.  Wouldn't own an airsoft AR-57 personally since we can have a short-barrelled, full auto airsoft P90, but it's a cool piece.  You're never gonna pull that out of a gun bag only to realise that everyone else at the site that day has turned up with the same gun.

Exactly, it's that uniqueness that was the main driver behind buying it - it's an usual piece and I'm a sucker for something out of the ordinary.  

It's also a back up for my P90.  Take both guns on skirmish day and if one fails I won't have to change guns, mags and LBE to keep playing.

However, everybody 'reminding' me to put a mag in is going to get tiresome.

Edited by Rogue845

First time i saw it i thought it had to be a fictional project gun - but they make these things!? I dont like; design-wise its a p90 mag crudely shoehorned onto a gun of completely different dimensions. When i saw crude i mean it doesnt make sense; top loading mag: cool. But dont forget that now useless magwell -its a water inlet. If i owned this id need to put in months of remodelling work. Radical new ammo storage should work to the rifle....this could work with a Bizon style mag i think; as the two platforms have similar dimensions, and as a pneumatic rifle owner i love the appeal of large cylinders on my guns.....

I thought it was an airsoft project gun, and an inlet like that i wouldnt risk not in our weather....

Is that the kac pdw btw? Intereating piece that- I alwaya do a double take when i see those as i can nevwr figure out if its an ar15 with an aks74u stock or what. I did check it out, and its proprietery. I think the AR is for training purposes-kind of like the colt smg sort of. I may actually get this springer oit there right now to hang on the old wall, and for some camo scheme practice. "Bison PDW" its just acheapo springer; no contest for that WE there, but i do like a decent springer, ive got a small arsenal actually. Loading a big m29 revolver feels uber masculine whe5her spring or gas, and the tri shotties- mainly m4 super 90 tm clones are just vicious

Speaking of revolvers that a8rsoft armoury place are flogging asg zastava gas m29 revolvers for 30 kwid...hate to ask the obvious but are these 5hings or worth a punt?

In all my collection though the only competitive thing is the agm mossberg I got. Its the big full stock one- and its destined t o be an m16 Mod 0 heavy barrel-masterkey combo.

Edited by JackofBlades2448