KTcerberus

AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

No that rail is perfect!! I love the use of the HK416C stock! Where can i get one sold separately? 

Unfortunately you can't.  I've tried VFC and G&P direct.  You have to buy one of the three guns it comes on.

Thanks fellas. I was inspired by the Honey Badger but more by a build by Unity Tactical.

Isamu, that's a 5" barrel with an 9" rail. I went as short as I could on the front end, if I had gone shorter the PEQ (battery box) wouldn't fit. Finding a suppressor to fit inside the rail was a pain in the rear, most are slightly too large in diameter.

Regarding the stock, I was lucky and picked it up used here. Once I bought it I knew what the build was going to be. I only wish that the grip angle could be changed for an AEG base, because the PDW grip (while good) is awkward with such a short stock.

Edited by pkm200901

I only wish that the grip angle could be changed for an AEG base, because the PDW grip (while good) is awkward with such a short stock.

:huh:

The stock is adjustable though?

ollie - Sure, from short to less short. There are two adjustment cuts, both at the end of the stock tubes. It's got about the same length as a 1/2 collapsed M4 stock. It's a compact stock, I don't have compact arms. Unfortunately, there's no more room to add length to the stock tubes since the ejection port and bolt catch get in the way.

hiawatha - that's a generic battery box I picked up from a local store. The optic is a Bushnell holosight.

Edited by pkm200901

Thanks for your generous offer! :D

I don't actually play airsoft worth a damn, I just enjoy building the guns, so I'll probably get bored with it in a while and if I sell it I'm sure there will be buyers. B)

• Like 1

Awesome as always Ivan le Fou!

Only thing I would change, is that aimpoint M4 to M4S. Just because.

Agreed.

But actually it's not "just because" ;) - M4S is just more slim and better looking. Unfortunately copies are hard to come by...

Question...what uppers are compatible with a VFC lower other than well...another upper from a VFC gun. I'm looking to build a separate upper for my VFC Mk18 Mod0

Question...what uppers are compatible with a VFC lower other than well...another upper from a VFC gun. I'm looking to build a separate upper for my VFC Mk18 Mod0

I don't think any other fits, but You could check King Arms.

I have been thinking, and breaking MRF's balls with questions (:D), about something.

Mostly: issues of compatibility between DYTAC and King Arms. The thing is I have decided to finally sell my Larue 12" to MRF, and it has to be replaced. After a long and intense thinking I decided a URX III 12.5 would be the perfect substitute.

Only a few brands produce it: 5KU (no thank you), G&P and DYTAC (PTW & Marui).

And so, after spending much time harassing MRF with my questions (should I use a PTW or a Marui version to fit on my King Arms upper?), I wonder about the G&P compatibility.
All the shops have close to no information on anything.

dytac will fit on a KA no problem, but G&P runs imperial threading so will not fit on a KA until you rethread the upper. 

in my experience, G&P has the nicest urx III clone. the 5KU comes with white markings and the dytac comes with a loose front site. both issues are non-existent on the G&P

• Like 1