Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It tasted pretty good. Dark roast, very strong, but surprisingly smooth with it.

I was expecting something harsher. 

8/10 - would trip my tits off again.

I'm intrigued to try it. Unfortunately fell into the pitfall of caffeine dependency because of uni, finishing work at 2, 3 and even 4AM then walking 45 minutes home only to complete coursework (funnily enough a piece I did in one night with virtually no prior research I got a first in, was on biological bases of behaviour, I chose the human sex drive). I can't go without at least a litre of energy drink a day without horrible headaches, definitely not good for my body haha.

Got the Prowin hop unit today, it feels very well machined, now waiting to put it together (probably going to wait on a tightbore and some new hop rubbers, saves me having to reopen it. Need the right hex key first anyway because G&P thought hex body pins was a good idea...). Was a little upset to learn it doesn't have the nub or spring included but I can most likely salvage them.

It tasted pretty good. Dark roast, very strong, but surprisingly smooth with it.

I was expecting something harsher. 

8/10 - would trip my tits off again.

Blech. Dark roast, and they're saying is the strongest ever? They must be adding some caffeine in post roasting - dark roasts actually have less caffeine than lighter roasts. (Also, darker roasts destroy more of the volatile oils and tastes that a lighter roast will bring to the forefront.)

Dark roasts taste strong, but they're weak sauce.

I'm intrigued to try it. Unfortunately fell into the pitfall of caffeine dependency because of uni, finishing work at 2, 3 and even 4AM then walking 45 minutes home only to complete coursework (funnily enough a piece I did in one night with virtually no prior research I got a first in, was on biological bases of behaviour, I chose the human sex drive). I can't go without at least a litre of energy drink a day without horrible headaches, definitely not good for my body haha.

That's not good for your body, no :|. I usually have one cup of coffee in the morning (brewed, not espresso based) and sometimes one in the afternoon/evening. On a weekend I'll usually do a big pot and have three of four cups in the morning (Depending on how many magic beans I have left.)

Cut back on the crappy energy drinks - go half a litre for a week, then 250ml for a week, then just switch to better tasting coffee. :D

My daughter has got past some more horrible teething and slept through again. Therefor I get to sleep through!

Plus I got some excellent customer feedback at work, I'm "a credit to the bank" so go me.

Plus a couple of mates and I are going airsofting tomorrow and I'm sure one or the other will "accidently" get shot up the bum by me....

Turns out there is an indoor airsoft site that runs Tuesday games and is all of 20mins away from me.

How has it taken me this long to find out about this, expect pictures of me in various stupid indoor loadouts (one of which I am trying to base on an Under Siege Seagal loadout, I have the 1911 and MP5K after all).

'FireKnife'

Turns out there is an indoor airsoft site that runs Tuesday games and is all of 20mins away from me.

How has it taken me this long to find out about this, expect pictures of me in various stupid indoor loadouts (one of which I am trying to base on an Under Siege Seagal loadout, I have the 1911 and MP5K after all).

'FireKnife'

Need moar pies.

Things seem to be returning to normality for me. I now have a colleague at work who I get on with really well and things are improving drastically. War and Peace show in less than 2 weeks as well, so I'm hyped for that!

Also WE's new Beretta M9A1 is putting a smile on my face. It's been a while since I've had an M9 and I forgot just how good they fit my hand. Plus the performance is awesome. The hop needs tweaking as it's shooting .28's into orbit but I'm sure it's nothing I can't fix.

You have a ponytail?

Ah. That lovely feeling when you've finally sorted out a load of junk (well, I'm calling it junk as that's how I can bring myself to get rid of it). Now I'll have more room for airsoft items, which is a good thing (even though, there are still some old airsoft items that I need to off load. Possibly into a skip).

Also, first day of a healthier lifestyle. As in food/drink. The exercise will have to wait till I can afford a foldaway bench, weights and new clothing (nice and loose none chaffing clothng).

Just been out to airsoft at an indoor site.

Reminded me so much of why I play indoor sites. Kind of hard to not take hits when you are more or less always in maximum range :P.

It was awesome and I easily got more out of my £16 I spent at said site than the £20 I spent at The Fort and that was a whole day.

Also managed to find that someone in my local vicinity doesn't know how to set security on their router, not really a great idea but as I wait for mine to be sorted I may as well :D.

'FireKnife'

Got to go to an open day at the local PLA barracks yesterday, which meant fondling all the PLA guns.

5.8mm gnus:

10497414_10152181367007647_2963019240816

I was surprised at how light the Type95 is. Much lighter than the Real Sword replicas, though obviously the real one I was holding was unloaded.

10463824_10152181393512647_1061832130963

10003804_10152181394017647_2260937505821
The Type05 SMG is adorable and I want Real Sword to make one. Alternatively, there is an export model in 9x19mm called the JS 9 which has a flat top and takes MP5 magazines.

10355559_10152181521157647_7844625391759

The Type95 support version is pretty much a standard Type95 with an offset drum mag and a slightly longer and heavier barrel. Tellingly, this is the only member of the 95 family which HASN'T been updated to -2 spec with a lower sight base and new safety/selectors. Seems the mag-fed LSW concept is pretty dead.

10497094_10152181532117647_1728100309691

The Type88 shoulders very well and is very light. I'd love to see the AEG that Real Sword promised us so very long ago... :(

12.7mm gnus:

10454372_10152181364157647_8952302727013

The QBU-10 was very comfortable to use, and interestingly had a lighter recoil spring than the Type88, it was much easier to cock. The scope has an IR mode with a laser rangefinder and a ballistic drop computer built in, though the reticule etched into the lens had a rangefinder. I speculate that the computer would laser the target, calculate the range and then light up the correct segment of the rangefinder in the reticule.

10348890_10152181519222647_6509766456629

Type89 HMG. They wouldn't let me hold this one because apparently it's 28kg unloaded. I told them my pre-workout had just kicked in but they wouldn't listen, nor would they reply when I asked them if they even lifted.

10506931_10152181344497647_4693922662898

10379669_10152181344427647_8484893372096

Type87 automatic 35mm grenade launcher - here with the 6 round drum, but they have up to 15 round drums apparently. The scope relief is set for someone with a much shorter neck, which is why I am gurning like a gurning person. The soldier in charge of it seemed pretty worried about me picking it up, the scrape on the muzzle break is probably from someone earlier in the day dropping it on the concrete. The big carry handle is actually also the bolt and cocking handle. Rifled barrel, fires at 500rpm and the 35mm grenade apparently has a flatter trajectory and longer range than the 40mm, if slightly less explosive load.

The quality of the chinese optics was surprisingly good. Very clear and no noticeable colour issues. EVERYTHING had a rangefinder etched into the reticule. If I was being picky I'd say that I'd like more adjustability in terms of height over bore and eye relief, but I am quite a bit taller than the average PLA recruit and my mandarin wasn't good enough to ask about adjustment - it's entirely possible that they can be adjusted to suit me but they were set to the typical settings.

Archived