Arnie's Day Trip to the Mall

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True WhiteHawksan, very true :( where i play invested in new chronos and all testing is done on club .20s and anything pistol on CO2 is quickly noted and tested

All my shooters run around 320fps so should be site safe, nothing i could see on F&Os website about NO CO2 power, still not an issue as i have only ordered one, don't own it yet :)

Dr Alex :) an adjustment of play style, and i see some sections of the mall are single shot only as well. what pistol ? what mag capacity ?

Say 2x20rd mags, so one in the pistol, the other held in the spare hand (keeps it warm as well) use the first mag to get into trouble, then quick reload, regas/bb's go again. I have been going out with 6 mags G17 24rds, i would be happy with 3, depends on the game play, a heavy long contact holding action will be an issue, but on the move you will be surprised how much damage you can cause very quickly :)

Good excuse to buy one or two extra mags.

Attempts to convince the missus to cut her 21st birthday short are...not going to plan :D

I'm pretty sure I'd be a pistols only - I have 42 of 'em, so choosing is the difficult part :D The lovely thing is that Irish airsoft is limited to 1 joule (328fps w/0.20g), so all of my guns are perfectly legal. The pain in the *albatross* is getting them there.

Would be great to see you guys in person!

Attempts to convince the missus to cut her 21st birthday short are...not going to plan :D

I'm pretty sure I'd be a pistols only - I have 42 of 'em, so choosing is the difficult part :D The lovely thing is that Irish airsoft is limited to 1 joule (328fps w/0.20g), so all of my guns are perfectly legal. The pain in the *albatross* is getting them there.

Would be great to see you guys in person!

Shouldn't be too much of a problem if you fly from north of the border.

okay, a southern irish dude with guns isn't going to look THAT good at customs :P

But you should be alright, generally ring up the airline/ferry service first and ask if they have any procedures in place if not, is removing mags, batteries etc so they cannot fire in transit acceptable? Get a letter confirming it beforehand and all will be smooth.

So wait,

Pistols only (well mostly)?

Casual-ish dress?

This is turning into the ideal classic indoor game :P

Still glad to see the potnetial numbers going up. ;)

Finally Dan Wesson and power down shells, hmm well one the fact that they can be used to pass chronos (not saying people on here would) then get switched out or the fact the power down shells, coupled with lack of decent hop, make the gun from an overpowered monster to basically a TM 24 shot revolver :P. Though the CO2 balnket ban may be due to that fact that upon changing a new bulb it can cause 2-3 shots that can kick out a lot higher FPS then normal due to pressure release, which you certainly don't want to be on the other end of.

I am sure we could spare a pistol for you, hell if it wasn't for me coming from one end of the UK to the other i would be bringing the lot, my custom pistols and all. :P

'FireKnife'

Dr Alex :) an adjustment of play style, and i see some sections of the mall are single shot only as well. what pistol ? what mag capacity ?

Say 2x20rd mags, so one in the pistol, the other held in the spare hand (keeps it warm as well) use the first mag to get into trouble, then quick reload, regas/bb's go again. I have been going out with 6 mags G17 24rds, i would be happy with 3, depends on the game play, a heavy long contact holding action will be an issue, but on the move you will be surprised how much damage you can cause very quickly :)

Good excuse to buy one or two extra mags.

I'll probably be using a KJW P226. I currently have 3 magazines for it, but one is broken! I suspect the O-Ring has blown but I don't have a replacement for it so it's sitting on my shelf. Although as this is december I'll probably have a few more pistols by then..

Considering that really pistol players should be there to back the AEGs indoors. When the AEGs bed down and start exchanging fire the guy with the pistol buggers off, catches the other uys out with flanking and helps break the contact. You should be fine with 50-60 shots. Hell i will have all of 63 assuming all my mags are fine (they are TM no worries). Unless we all go pistols then it would be a riot.

'FireKnife'

Dr Alex - how are you finding the KJW P226? One of my mates in HK won't stop raving about it, telling me it is a "MUST BUY"! :P

I know 'WaterSpoon' will go crazy, but I think it's great. Disassembles quickly, hop up is great for med-range. There's slight wobble, but that's only if you shake it around a lot. Magazines are a snug fit. Paint is really *suitcasey* quality though, I've got a few spots where it's started to chip and I've only had it for a month!

Running propane, it fires perfectly in summer weather. I can't speak for winter weather at the moment, but we'll find out at The Mall!

I know 'WaterSpoon' will go crazy, but I think it's great. Disassembles quickly, hop up is great for med-range. There's slight wobble, but that's only if you shake it around a lot. Magazines are a snug fit. Paint is really *suitcasey* quality though, I've got a few spots where it's started to chip and I've only had it for a month!

It is a KJ and a P226. I like KJ and think the P226 is a good design :P.

Might be possible. I'll check my rota soon as the new one appears in September.

You so know you want to ;).

As for FTZ-W and fighting barefist, well you can always get a rubber knife and spend the day tag killing. I plan to spend it practicing mty slides and cool moves, unless The Mall has a policy on looking good / running around?

'FireKnife'

I've got my Cold steel rubber tanto, including badass paracord wrap on the grip. I shall be bringing it, and poking anyone nearby. I might also spend a game using my 1911 and said rubber knife in the style of MW2's 'Tactical knife' pistol attachment, because it looks badman.

and poking anyone nearby.

Now do i want to be stood beside you or not? :P

Though i think this might call for a rubber knife, if i can get it sent down too, trying to limit myself here to pistol and mags sent down the rest, kit etc, on the plane and then buy gas and ammo on the day.

'FireKnife'

Ideas for those not sure on "pistol only" there is also the sniper pistol thread to have a mooch through, although thats more woodland play than CQB shopping malls.

If i make it....i will be running like this.

58patt belt loaded with (from the left to right) 2x2mag pouch, viper holster fairly stock TM G17, 2xsingle mag pouch with speedloaders (about 300rds in the pair) reworked ammo pouch for a very non-stock TM G17, Fobus 2xmag holder.

Gas bottle carrier made from gaffer tape and foam camping mat with an old bit webbing strap, and extra pot of 1200x.30 bbs (most likely swap to a bag over a pot)

That should see me through the day.

I might swap out the green G17 for a TM MK23 as that means another 3 mags and a torch and silencer, wont be running a scope on that though, holsters not big enough.

I like the pistol shottie way this is going :)

ah yes well you see, it's like this, sort of.

I get smirks and pointed at because i go out with only a pistol, i have a bad habit of wading in taking on groups of AEGs, hit em hard and fast, run off laughing, reload pick off stragglers, they soon regret making fun of me :) and when hiding waiting for large groups sometimes a dual G17 can make a big difference.

I still think a back up revolver (big shiny one) will be needed, you know just in case :)

ah yes well you see, it's like this, sort of.

I get smirks and pointed at because i go out with only a pistol, i have a bad habit of wading in taking on groups of AEGs, hit em hard and fast, run off laughing, reload pick off stragglers, they soon regret making fun of me :) and when hiding waiting for large groups sometimes a dual G17 can make a big difference.

So the same as me, i get that whole 'hahah, your only going in with a pistol, what a #insert expletive here#. I make it a point of mine to prove them wrong, first time it happened i was behind half the enemy team in 5 mins and took out the three that scoffed at me, while making sure to hand tag the two that didn't, just to prove a point (some of the 'players' up here are the typical 'i know best as i have money / have fixed a single gun').

:D

'FireKnife'

There's a guy at The Mall who runs around with two 'normal sized' pistols, and two Marushin Derringers tucked into his waistband. Hero.

That is how it should be done, only thing better would be if he had the Derringers in little wrist holsters to flick out and shoot.

'FireKnife'

Archived