Arnie's Day Trip to the Mall

I'm glad grads and shotgun is fine then. All those years of running around lightfighter urban (best site Evah) has taught me a lot! And what bits of kit are most appropriate. Pistols and flashlights are a must.

Hwagan: was actually meaning to pm you about that lol, cheers dude!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a shop, Viking Airsoft (Run by a guy who *really* knows his stuff and is an amazing player, great guy etc.) who sell the Thunderflashes for £10 for 5. Not cheap of course, but a bit cheaper than ordering them online.

He looked familiar when I was down there last. Did he used to work at Airsoft Armoury?

I'm glad grads and shotgun is fine then. All those years of running around lightfighter urban (best site Evah) has taught me a lot! And what bits of kit are most appropriate. Pistols and flashlights are a must.

It's a good point to highlight.

I changed my entire handgun and holster setup around completely after I played at the mall. Anyone who doesn't have any kind of light right now (normally play woods at the day or generally at open/lit skirmish sites) then you can pick up pretty decent chinese clones for all of about $12 on the bay (ultrafire, spiderfire etc), you'll definitely be gad you have it. Not as tactical as an element copy of a surefire, but in my experience they're actually better built and for less money.

As above.

I've used surefire, wolfeyes, insight ect flashlights in the past. Due to many of the airsoft replicas not being up to the job and to be honest? What a waste of money. But Element M3x/6 replicas, they cost next to nothing and offer more than enough light. Far superior to the VFC and GP lights I've owned.

This will be my first outing to mall but from what I hear, if flashlights are a must. I will have 3. One on my shogun. One on my sidearm and one on my lid. It's the difference between life and death (sounds more ROAR than 'hit or not' :D)

Just some kind of illumination really. Ideally two at least so that you've always got the option of light whether you've got your rifle in action or your secondary in your hands (if you run two guns that is). As with any low/no-light situation really, you preferably want to be able to throw a beam whatever weapon you're firing or task you're performing; but if you can't get 2 or 3 then really you want 1 small torch as a minimum purely for navigating between the game areas and the safe zone, or when you're going for regen after being hit.

It will be cold in there (I last played back in jan/feb time) and it leaks so there's water in places. I'd recommend a helmet personally, definitely not a place to go low-profile on the face pro either. You can get away with that a bit more in big woodland sites but you get a lot of guys in fairly small rooms there sometimes. If you've got gucci fire resistant uniforms wear those as well, but that's another story...

One thing that works great in the Mall is to take a spare hand-held torch. When you're taking cover behind a wall in the tunnels, and shooting down the corridor, place the torch on the floor of the *other* side of the corridor. It'll light your targets up, they won't see *suitcase*, and they'll aim at the light source, which is a metre away from you.

He looked familiar when I was down there last. Did he used to work at Airsoft Armoury?

Not sure! He's a thin, black chap called Pete.

SSSHHHHH! Dr Alex you are giving away all my tricks! (perspex lens protector essential for that trick)

I found that a red filter was handy too on your weapon light so you can navigate stairs and corridors without

giving your position away to the entire site , then flip open the filter to use white light to dazzle the enemy

when storming a room...

Also IR activated LED spotlights with magnetised bases for sticking to the overhead pipework in the basement corridors...

Jim

Thank goodness i have a light for my 1911 then (well handheld and in the Harries technique, TM 1911s don't have 'that' much recoil) :P

Plus most of my stuff, aside from guns and mags i can take on my plane flight down, yet will still be travelling light ;)

'FireKnife'

Which is why I got myself a PC to use at the Mall over the chest rig I have (which has no back plate whatsoever haha) :)

Was talking this over with my squadmates - has anyone played PayDay: The Heist? We're considering doing our own take on that at some point, possibly at the Mall. It isn't too original, but looks awesome.

payday-the-heist.png

EDIT: Pic added

Archived