Arnie's Day Trip to the Mall

My last game, i was approached by an other team member and told i was now a marked man :) (this was issued in a nice manner) i could move and shoot faster and where long AEGs couldn't move, so popping up out of bushes, double tap, double tap, gone and pop up eleswhere repeat the process.

It seems most players rely on sheer volume of fire on a fixed target to get a hit, and belive a pistol is only good for like 20m ?

Last game that day was a 3 way team, so two teams become 3, strange that what where my enemy most of the day now became very vocal about picking me for there team :) i was always the last to picked at school for sports, nice to be wanted.

Had a look at the map, Reading is doable in around 3 hours, just roadworks on M4/M5 interchange to worry about but that should be quiet at 6am on a Sunday morning.

Deffo doable as a day trip should even do it on a tank of petrol :) just need to find out about where in the country i will be as i am basing this on being in somerset.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are anywhere near Wells or pass that (your location confuses me) then give me a shout and i can happily help pay towards petrol etc, saves me a train ride in and out. :P

It seems most players rely on sheer volume of fire on a fixed target to get a hit, and belive a pistol is only good for like 20m ?

These people are called 'stupid' and they exist on a forum that we all know about and buy from a shop that is somehow an Arn Supporter now? ;)

It is best though when you can actually hear people talking about you, afraid to enter a room in case you are there (the fact i usual am is the best bit). Odd but it has happened to myself and others i know, but not because we are not taking hits, just as we can easily take them out if the come in the area.

'FireKnife'

Reminds me of the Bristol Courthouse site, except when the two downstairs corridors got locked down you just went up to the top floor, back down the other side and round the enemy.

Even had moments with me and a guy i knew on opposite teams, when we got locked down me and him would run upstairs, have a quick one on one and the winner got to have a pop at the rest of his team blocking the downstairs area. :P

Wish i could airsoft at the old bits of my work, we have a full size building with nothing in it but office space that would be amazing, too bad they said no. And Aberdeen council wont let me do an indoor site. Ah well i am sure the day at The Mall will make up for it, time to book some flights for the week.

'FireKnife'

If I go, I'm feeling one of my Micro Uzis or my TMP and numerous pistols. My Wa Shan sawn off too if I can stop enough shells from leaking.

Are we all going a bit more eccentric and outlandish with our loadouts for the lols or just standard?

Decimus.

Whatever you feel comfortable in mate, considering how i will be travelling to said game it will be me in civvies with kit added on top, none of this full loadout stuff as i wont be able to. Belt holster, mag pouch, face mask and gloves is all i will have added on. ;)

'FireKnife'

Sorry 'inflamed doodad' didn't mean to worry you. You still are the forums number one pervert :P

Now I think about it my M3 has never been chronoed, I presume it's unlikely this will be overpowered? Since its totally stock. What sort Of pyro is allowed? I have lots!

It's a 340fps limit MAX (due to variance).

Regarding pyros I've just copied this from the info pack F&O sent out:

Pyrotechnic Rules

Only pyrotechnics sold by First & Only or TLSFx will be allowed on site. The only explosive striker pyrotechnics that can be used in the main mall, stairwells and upper balcony area are MK4 thunder flashes (specially made) and Thermobaric grenades, both of which are available in our shop at sensible prices. BFG’s or solid state grenades are not allowed at the Mall. A grenade going off in a small room (20ft x 20ft) means instant kill to all occupants unless behind hard cover (concrete wall, barrier etc). In larger and open areas, a grenade will instant kill every player within 15ft radius unless behind hard cover (concrete wall, barrier etc).

Hope that helps. :)

Sorry 'inflamed doodad' didn't mean to worry you. You still are the forums number one pervert :P

Now I think about it my M3 has never been chronoed, I presume it's unlikely this will be overpowered? Since its totally stock. What sort Of pyro is allowed? I have lots!

*badgeress*-ing :P

It is a stock TM right? You are looking about 250-270 from what i remember those M3 Super 90's doing. So easily enough.

'FireKnife'

If you like pyro, bring lots of. There are a fair few routes to flank around etc, but there also tend to be an awful lot of players in there leading to all those routes being fiercely contested.

For those with 14.5" guns and less, don't be afraid to bring a rifle if that's what you want to do. The central area is long enough that most AEGs won't reach from one end to the other anyway, it's not entirely point-blank CQC in there. Pretty sure I saw a guy with a bolt action last I attended.

Archived