Delta_Knight

Anyone still around from the old days?

9 hours ago, T3CH said:

'looks in after a few years away'

Wow gotten REAL quiet in here. :(

*Slowly awakes*

What....

Hello,

I was really into GBB until 3-4 years ago. I am looking to sell my GBB, but have not been successful. I have sold and traded on both classicairsoft.net and gasguns.info.

This topic is very relevant to me. Thank you for posting.

- Andy

On 4/3/2019 at 4:06 PM, Schnakey said:

I'm new here, just joined today, but anyone from the old ascuk/Ukan/old blue crowd should know me.

Ninj_wogerukan2.jpg

pop pop pop! :P

added:

kwong wah st! i remember spending hours and hours around there!  (around 20 years ago i think)

Probably been a bit messy these past few months..?

Edited by oikoik

On 11/24/2019 at 12:46 PM, oikoik said:

kwong wah st! i remember spending hours and hours around there!  (around 20 years ago i think)

Probably been a bit messy these past few months..?

Kwong Wah has been relatively unscathed, but has severely driven off a cliff in the last 10 years for Airsoft shops anyway. The glory days are definitely long gone of being able to spend a day there.

Mostly watch shops these days, bar a few of the old boys (Dens & GnG) still going strong. 

What's done that? I can't believe Guns n Guy is still going as well as Den Trinity...do DT still do that thing where they email you an invoice to pay prior to shipping overseas? I seem to recall there used to be a retailer called something like "BoomArms Cafe"?

I think Boom Arms still trade online with their hilariously ancient website, but the cafe was one of the first to go yonks ago. That unit is a Thai restaurant or hotpot place now, I can't remember exactly. 

Frankly I can't answer the root cause, but I remember a mass exodus from Kwong Wah about ten years ago (likely due to ridiculous rent) and a few moved to and area called Lai Chi Kok (where WGC and Redwolf now operate their online shop from, after also bouncing around a few places). Since then the handful that did go out there, eventually moved to Diamond Hill which sort of had a new cluster growing, but with the death of EhobbyAsia is also kind of dead now (Tiger11 warehouse is there, and MMC are holed up in a factory building that way still).

I should probably do a write up at some point for any tourists to avoid disappointment. 

Michael