DPM picture contest as requested by LJ

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great pics everyone! You have no idea how happy it makes me that people are including more and more drop leg gear in their Brit loadouts.

I spent the first 5 years of my career getting told i couldnt wear drop leg rigs because i looked "too American" by my superiors then suddenly they exploded onto the scene and i got to look smug :P

God Bless America and their superior equipment!

Darkchild

I have always loved drop leg rigs myself. My leg rigs are either holsters or the dump pouch and leg panel that i attach a pouch to. In sundays case it was my 4cell M203 pouch. Never used em once because i switched to my SA80 before lunch and stuck with it until the battery died second to last game, then switched back to my M4 an dumped all my empty mags in the leg dump pouch (except for when me and zero were stranded and holding off most of the enemy team. Then we just dropped our mags on the ground, and harvested them after we were over run.

Grim

Is the DPM you're wearing New Zealand issue or British? Are there any major differences between a kiwi's field kit and a brit's. Do you use a PLCE similar system, except with Aug mag pouches, etc? You never see to much New Zealand type load outs, looks cool.

Ron

yeah its NZ DPM. the webbing i guess is similar to PLCE consists of belt yolk pouches and all, i am not 100% sure what brit PLCE is like so i cant tell (i know what the canvas stuff is, the ones with the little brass wire in them?? i gather those are not current PLCE??) NZ Army uses AUG as standard rifle so the pouches fit the mags fine, seems to be standard STAGNAG size anyways except you always fit one less cos of the silly ridges on the mags

actually just had a look at what a standard issue PLCE set consists of.....the set i got is exactly the same

Edited by carbacca

@carbacca:

Great Outfit - and thanks for the informations about the NZ forces.

@Kipper: I like that pic, looks really cool with the black background, even without a weapon it looks still good! ;)

But what kind of headwear is that? It doesn't look like a Peak Cap... is it a fieldcap modified from a boonie or the NL Field Cap (i assume it, cause the colours seem very similar to the NL DPM)?

Edited by Bill Hearst

a c*** hat is actually a 'patrol cap' but called a c*** hat as its what parachute regiment recruits get before being issued berets (back in the day). Hence to para personel anyone not badged was a 'c*** hat' its a term of derison that stuck.

C*** hats went horribly out of fashion in the amry then came back in with some SAS soldiers. I loved mine but as said before cut and stitched it to look more ally.

Got one, it isn't the most stylish thing in the world but the itchiness goes with a bit of fabric conditioner and it is the best bit of kit in the army when you are on BATUS and it is -30.

Last time I was there we were doing a bit of digging (plant type) and I took the spider out of my bob the builder helmet and just stuck it on top of my deputy dawg hat.

It was so cold that when I knocked my head on a piece of bridge the plastic helmet shattered.

Brrrrrrr.

Stunt

I dont have either. never liked the cr@p hats and just never got round to getting a deputy dawg hat i have something similar but hte peak is huge! lol. For me i always wear my olive bandana and boonie or kevlar. I away this weekend were spending 24hours out in the field at warcop got all my gucci gear just hope i dont have Corporal Savage as section commander he wont let me use it. Oh well.

Grim

Yeah well as the Wolfpacks team leader it my job to keep my lad motivated and get around them and make sure there all ok and getting the job done. the bandana absorbs any of the sweat. i may be a british soldier (part time lol) but for comfort i'll wear what ever the hell i like. Wont be any DPM pics of me next skirmish any ways im going to use my ACU because were going to phoenix urban.

Grim

You'd have to *pay* me to wear ACU... the worlds least effective camo in *any* setting.

Best cam at phoenix urban beleive it or not is UK dessie or US tricolour.

Russian blue worksd well in the winter.

The above pic in the grassland is at PU.

Mine?

Mainly because at PU the urban areas are very dusty and dry and brit dessie works very well, but some missions use the outlying woodland so i slip a sas smock on and a ###### hat to break up the outline.

If i'm playing at phoenix woodland it temperate DPM all over.

It also helps break up a big block of solide colour.

Same reason the RM Commando wear DPM smocks with snow trousers in mixed snow/forest areas.

Its finally a more GW1 or afghanistan look where its arid but also bloody cold at times and they were not making sas smocks in dessie on large scale availability then.

So you have played at phoenix urban then Gadge. Hows the terrain it will be me and my teams first urban skirmish. were going on the 29th of April. If i had the jacket and hat and a black webbing i would wear my tactical tiger. or if i had the hat in the same camo i would wear the random urban(Russian i think) camo i got ages. Was wondering if any of you guys may know if any one on these board could identify it.

Grim