2011 Picture Thread

T,

How bout this....Tunerguy's WA MAGNA SVI evil brother to his TM STI EXECUTIVE

nice try. .but not impressive enough. .it's still a SVI

the whole appeal to that hicapa STI is finding a full STI WA is very very very difficult. .the STI frame/STI breech cover would've had to be done custom. . while SD made plenty of STI slides.. and SD made STI grips for WA. .

a full metal KSC STI would have been equally impressive.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... now that's a parts list.

Who/what is tuner guy?

Tuner Guy is a genius GBB builder. He has done a number of awesome guns and was a member of this forum for a while.

However, several months ago he took a bunch of orders (including a custom build for me) and then completely disappeared scamming a number of people (including me).

I have a huge amount of respect for him as a builder but as a person he's a scammer and a leech.

[i guess that I am slightly biased since he jilted me out of several hundred dollars]

Edited by Romulus
nice try. .but not impressive enough. .it's still a SVI

the whole appeal to that hicapa STI is finding a full STI WA is very very very difficult. .the STI frame/STI breech cover would've had to be done custom. . while SD made plenty of STI slides.. and SD made STI grips for WA. .

a full metal KSC STI would have been equally impressive.

Damn you T :P

Tuner Guy is a genius GBB builder. He has done a number of awesome guns and was a member of this forum for a while.

However, several months ago he took a bunch of orders (including a custom build for me) and then completely disappeared scamming a number of people (including me).

I have a huge amount of respect for him as a builder but as a person he's a scammer and a leech.

[i guess that I am slightly biased since he jilted me out of several hundred dollars]

Tunerguy is dishonest. He tried to present himself to me as a customer when in fact all he was trying to do was pick my brain regarding my gun building techniques and my favored parts combinations. After putting together a virtual parts list for him so that he could keep track of his expenditures, he appears on these forums looking for said parts so that he could build the same gun for HIS client. He's far from a genius. Anybody can build a gun that looks clean in photos and shoots reasonably well. A fully built gun that will retain it's accuracy and performance over thousands of rounds with only routine maintenance is another story. Back to this thread. My MAGNA xcelerator LIMCAT will be coming home. I'll get my pics up as soon as I finish restoration.

I'm not saying much on Tunerguy. . but gbb GENIUS is a huge overstatement. . .as twin_cam says. .anyone can buy off the shelf parts and install them. . it doesn't even take much skill to install them or even use the right combination of parts for a nicely tuned gbb. . .it really just takes a couple of times stripping down a complete gbb and you pretty much got it .. it DOES HELP to understand the dynamics behind a gbb.. .and the more experience you've had with gbbs makes it so much easier.

a gbb GENIUS is Clarence Lai (1 example). This not only takes innovation and a higher level of design, engineering and manufacturing skill. . .it takes creativity and a good eye for aesthetics to design a proper gbb.. . it takes a solid understanding of how the gun works. . who is using it and what they are using it for . . Clarence designs the gun for the user. . and his knowledge behind RS IPSC helps in designing airsoft guns for others.

there are very few people on this board that I would consider a custom airsoft gunsmith. . there ARE alot of good gun builders out there, alot of folks that know inside and out 1911s and all, and alot of guys that have a solid foundation of what they are doing. .but in terms of real custom guns produced. .less than 5% of gbb pistols on this board fall in that category. .

I'm not saying I'm any better at all cuz I also put together guns with off the shelf parts. .I just don't call them custom unless I've built a part(s) from scratch. . .did some machining to alter the gun. .use altered RS parts. . molded/casted something. . etc

A Magna Limcat? That sounds awesome.

Magna Limcat slides came out long ago. . sometime in the late 90s early 2000. Twin Cam probably was saving one from back in the days or recently obtained one. . you definitely can't just ask an HK shop for one anymore. . not like the TM Hicapa Limcats.

Magna Limcat slides came out long ago. . sometime in the late 90s early 2000. Twin Cam probably was saving one from back in the days or recently obtained one. . you definitely can't just ask an HK shop for one anymore. . not like the TM Hicapa Limcats.

I have a custom Wa magna xcellerator with sheriff grips and 150 %recoil spring with a metal Limcat slide and a normal Wa magna xcellerator but the problem I find is the hopup sometimes it shoots very far (good range) and than it falls down a couple meters before the maximum point. What can I do to have a more stable Hopup? which replacement hop will do fine for a magna? If possible I'd like to have a stable hopup or a fixed one...

Can someone help me?

Greetings

Milan

Nice Pictures Ay!

BTW, STI>SVI. Now you have a Gun in your collection that proves that! ha.

How many 2011 syle GGB's do you own now? 3?

LOL

yeah I have the TM LIMCAT, TM STI EXECUTIVE and THE WA MAGNA SVI.

As for TuneryGuy and his skills. Calling anyone a "GBB Genius" is probably an overstatement. I don't even call myself a "KSC Glock Genius" although I feel I've built the most custom KSC Glocks around...Tungerguy did do exceptionally good work on these builds tho. He took time and put in a lot of effort on details. Polishing the rails and BB unit and custom trigger jobs were all done quite nicely. Although I didn't prefer his trigger job on the STI is was still done well for that set up. He also made it so that you can decock the STI while still retaining the half-cock feautre. I haven't taken it apart to see how exactly he went about that. The MAGNA build is def very very nice. I haven't felt a slide cycle action or trigger action this smooth ever.

I don't know how many people he actually scammed, Rom is the only person Ive heard of him actually scamming out of money. Which sucks.

BTW..I'm most likely going to be selling the STI EXECUTIVE slide to turn that TM into an all silver Limcat. if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

~Vicious

Since this is a picture thread...

SVIvsSTI%20003.jpg

SVIvsSTI%20007.jpg

Edited by ViciousV10s
I'm not saying much on Tunerguy. . but gbb GENIUS is a huge overstatement. . .as twin_cam says. .anyone can buy off the shelf parts and install them. . it doesn't even take much skill to install them or even use the right combination of parts for a nicely tuned gbb. . .it really just takes a couple of times stripping down a complete gbb and you pretty much got it .. it DOES HELP to understand the dynamics behind a gbb.. .and the more experience you've had with gbbs makes it so much easier.

a gbb GENIUS is Clarence Lai (1 example). This not only takes innovation and a higher level of design, engineering and manufacturing skill. . .it takes creativity and a good eye for aesthetics to design a proper gbb.. . it takes a solid understanding of how the gun works. . who is using it and what they are using it for . . Clarence designs the gun for the user. . and his knowledge behind RS IPSC helps in designing airsoft guns for others.

there are very few people on this board that I would consider a custom airsoft gunsmith. . there ARE alot of good gun builders out there, alot of folks that know inside and out 1911s and all, and alot of guys that have a solid foundation of what they are doing. .but in terms of real custom guns produced. .less than 5% of gbb pistols on this board fall in that category. .

I'm not saying I'm any better at all cuz I also put together guns with off the shelf parts. .I just don't call them custom unless I've built a part(s) from scratch. . .did some machining to alter the gun. .use altered RS parts. . molded/casted something. . etc

I guess I should qualify my statement a bit. I have not had any experience with his work first hand. I was trying to avoid being totally negative by saying that he was a scammer, a lousy person, and a jerk. That's honestly what I think about him since he's is the worst kind of lowlife. I ws just trying to not be completely negative.

Vicious - It would be cool to see a pair of Limcats. Are you going to change frames though?

BTW, STI>SVI. Now you have a Gun in your collection that proves that! ha.

in RS or airsoft? I personally don't think a TM STI Exec is better than a WA SVI (Magna). . aesthetics sure. . . but after discovering the STI is a TM, I'd say overall the SVI. . .heh heh. That's just me.

I have . . .a normal Wa magna xcellerator but the problem I find is the hopup sometimes it shoots very far (good range) and than it falls down a couple meters before the maximum point. What can I do to have a more stable Hopup? which replacement hop will do fine for a magna? If possible I'd like to have a stable hopup or a fixed one...

Can someone help me?

Greetings

Milan

are you using the stock hop up rubber still? if so, replace it. . the blue CP bucking works good ..or get rid of the hop up and go the Sheriff LRB route. .

I have been swapping parts around trying to figure out what exactly to do with my Hi-Capas. I realized that the STI looked kind of cool with a grey frame if I could find a black grip for it. I decided to snap a few pictures and see what people thought of it. If I go for this I will of course not be using a stock Hi-Capa grip ( I find them pretty repulsive) but I needed a black place holder.

tmhicapa52sti3rd8.jpg

tmhicapa52stiph9.jpg

tmhicapa52sti2mw4.jpg

Any link to where I can get one of those in a HK shop?

Thanks in advance. Greetings Milan

here's what the item looks like:

Parts_CP_022_lg.gif

1st place to try in HK is UN Co, They one of the premiere shops that specialize in GBB parts. . .compared to any other HK shop. . .DEN, BoomArms, GNG, TMC should also carry it.

Thanks for the feedback.

I finished swapping the parts over to it so its now comped and has a black mag well. I think that I am going to keep it a more subtle grey for now but if I get bored over x-mas I might polish it and clear coat it. If I did do something like that it would certainly be a unique two-tone.

I'll snap some full built pictures tomorrow when its light.