2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to post up pictures of my STI Hybrid redone with the comp and grey frame but rather than bore everyone with pictures similar to the others I have pout up this week I thought that I'd get a bit more creative.

money51ui0.jpg

money52jh7.jpg

money53cr5.jpg

money54ap7.jpg

What I am really after is whether people think that I should keep the grey frame or not. My other upgrade to this will be a black WE grip since I hate stock Hi-Capa grips.

Cheers

Thanks.

I actually have a custom stippled and painted grip under way for my other Hi-Capa right now so I figured that I should go with something more factory to keep this guns really clean lines.

I really do like the Hybrid setup. I'll certainly be hanging onto it.

If I were you I would putty the gap between the hybrid barrel's top and the comp, and polish the top of the compensator (or the whole thing) to match the hybrid look.

If the comp is clamped onto the inner barrel though it the 2 parts move relative to each other right? The putty probably won't hold....

They don't make threaded hybrid barrels do they?

Thanks for the replies.

I have been fiddling with different ways to get the comp perfectly flush with the outer barrel. I ended up removing a bunch of material from the comp so that I could tighten it all the way down. After looking at it some more I think that my best bet is actually removing material from the back of the threaded adapter sine this would bring the whole adapter and comp setup closer to the outer barrel. It's a bit confusing to explain but I hope to have time to mess with it over x-mas.

Vicious- As for the SD frame I intend to get one at some point but due to the high price tag I think that I want to get a five or six inch frame since that would open up more doors than a stock size one. I just can't stomach paying $200+ for trades and a bit nicer finish. Unfortunately both my projects right now demand stock length frames so it's a bit of a catch 22. I guess that I need to buy a new Hi-Capa.

I considered doing that but I just won't have time for that project before I leave the country.

Maybe next summer. What I really want is a 6 inch Hybrid though. If I'm gonna shell out the money and get custom work done I think that I would try to build 6" Hybrid (which is like my biggest dream gun).

On a less serious note I took a fun picture of both my 'cats this afternoon.

tehcatsii1.jpg

Edited by Romulus
They don't make threaded hybrid barrels do they?

why would you want a threaded hybrid barrel? to put a silencer on? that would defeat the purpose of a silencer (I mean, in airsoft, it doesn't matter, but for the sake of realism).. maybe a threaded Hybrid barrel would be ok if you wanted to thread on another type of compensator to it. .

why would you want a threaded hybrid barrel? to put a silencer on? that would defeat the purpose of a silencer (I mean, in airsoft, it doesn't matter, but for the sake of realism).. maybe a threaded Hybrid barrel would be ok if you wanted to thread on another type of compensator to it. .

I'm pretty sure the 'other type of compensator' was the intended result. Romulus has his on an inner barrel adapter and a threaded outer barrel would let him blend the external comp with the hybrid port comp so that it looked almost like one piece, if he so chose.

ETA: something much like this:

http://sviguns.com/ph/?indx=35

Edited by RSP1

IC. .but those are one-piece designs. .and every other gun I've seen a comp on with hybrid ports are one-piece as well.

the problem (cosmetic) with possibly having the threaded hybrid barrel. . most likely the hybrid barrel has a front sight dovetail cut out (unless you magically find one w/o the cut out). . so even if you put on a screw-on comp . .it will look a bit weird.

RSP1 pretty much answered the reason I asked the question. Since someone mentioned to have the gap between the hybrid barrel and comp putty-up to make it look one piece, which would be hard because the comp is on the inner and not connected to the hybrid barrel....The only way is to have it attach on the barrel with a threaded connection, which like you say probably does not exist...

I mean a silencer on a compensated hybrid is a silly thing to do no? Much like those G18Cs in the movies....

I'm pretty sure the 'other type of compensator' was the intended result. Romulus has his on an inner barrel adapter and a threaded outer barrel would let him blend the external comp with the hybrid port comp so that it looked almost like one piece, if he so chose.

ETA: something much like this:

http://sviguns.com/ph/?indx=35

RSP basically answered this for me. I want to be able to run a comp so that I can hide a 7" inner barrel. Right now I have a system that works reasonably well but actually having the comp threaded onto the outer barrel would make the whole unit much more solid than it currently is.

I realize that most RS guns have a one piece setup to achieve this but short of paying huge amounts of money for a custom slide I think that something simpler like this would work better.

Edited by Romulus
RSP basically answered this for me. I want to be able to run a comp so that I can hide a 7" inner barrel. Right now I have a system that works reasonably well but actually having the comp threaded onto the outer barrel would make the whole unit much more solid than it currently is.

I realize that most RS guns have a one piece setup to achieve this but short of paying huge amounts of money for a custom slide I think that something simpler like this would work better.

you can try tapping the outer barrel, I didn't end up finding the right tap for it but I reckon the shooter design barrel(though it has the simulated rifling groove) may have enough meat to be tapped for a 14mm +/- fitting to fit....I've seen some website selling thread adapto going from +/+ or +/- 14mm....maybe worth investigating?

Nice Magna 4.3 T!

Wildcard what are you talking about? a wire?? Tapping means making the female threads to accept the screw. You use a tool called a "tap" which you would need to buy in the proper size pitch for your mounting screws (for example the AS scope mount I used were 3mm screws so you use a 3mm tap)

How did you attatch that scope mount? I've got a similar one and i get the part that i have to drill the holes but am i supposed to tap a wire in it aswell?

You need to thread the holes you drill in the frame with the correct size/pitch threads for the screws to thread into the frame. In my case, it's a 4-40 thread. I lined the frame up on my drill press, drilled the holes, then just tapped them by hand.