My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I was browsing some old photos on Facebook and noticed that slightly strange comment. Not actually a dead person.

I gathered, but then it is FB and reading peoples updates is like agreeing with all the comments on YT :P.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What. The. *fruitcage*. Another parcel takes eleven days between postal service systems. Gives me a bad picture of all letters and parcels from abroad being dumped in one large pile in the sorting facility and picked for sorting at random.

Also, as soon as I'm home, I'm hitting the sack. I feel like I haven't woken up yet.

Somehow I have come down with a "Chalazion" under my right eye.  Currently I look like I lost a few too many bar fights.  At least the resident who examined be was an attractive blond.  I also have decided to blow the entire day off.

DOMS.

Delayed Onset of Muscular Stiffness.

Stretch after running and warm down to work the lactic acid out of your muscles.

Unfortunately if you are training to get stronger that will happen after a hard session.

Eventually you get to associate it with the endorphins from the exercise and enjoy it.

Hes trolling you haha. 

Makes a change :P.

As for my meh of the day, stuck in one of those 'is it worth it' with my present relationship.

Now surely as I am at this point I should be calling it a day, however she is too nice a person to lose as a friend, which wont happen if anything happens to us. Hmmm, what to do.

'FireKnife'

stop the relationship but remain in the close-friend zone with her?

my complaint: Why does every idiot and arrogant *fruitcage* think they are hot *suitcase* after saying they are joining infantry.....its like saying you got the job as manager of KFC.....

Because everyone else in the forces are either fat, lazy other arms w*nkers, crab b*stards or navy bumboys who read the recruitment pamphlets and realised that aircon, showers and a decent Internet connection sounded better than living in a muddy hole at Sennybridge for 2 weeks at a time with your sleep being rudely interrupted by someone lobbing mk9s into your harbour area at 3 in the morning.

Maybe.

In all seriousness though, why does it matter? People join the forces for a variety of different reasons and if they are proud of what they are going into then fair play to them. Some people don't want a trade and some people don't realise that everyone in the army is a soldier first and a tradesman second, especially as the UK armed forces is being gradually reduced and soldiers have to be more flexible. Some people just want to fight and some want a challenge. For some people, the forces is a step up from where they are. It gives they a way out to better themselves when all they have around them is rubbish. These are just a few of the many reasons people sign up.

It sounds like you are looking down on infantry as a lowly role for scum but that isn't necessarily true. I know a lad who was an accountant before banging out of that and joining the infantry. He was raking it in but got bored and followed his dream and last time I chatted to him, he was glad he made the move.

What do you want to do with your life?

i have the utmost respect to any infantryman however the majority  of those that i know who are going in/are already infantry are some of the most arrogant and cocky people ive ever met.

As for classing infantry as scum, i dont. I just think they get the bottom of the barrel when it comes to exercises and operations.

Maybe im being to judgmental about infantry

Maybe a few bad apples spoil the bunch

Maybe because ive spent to much time with someone whos joining the Marines

Maybe im arrogent and they arent

who know?

*bramston pickle* car salesmen.

New car last tuesday, got it home and rear electric window failed. Called the dealer up, couldn't give me a courtesy car until Tuesday (today), but said it's ok, the glass won't move... Well it does, keeps dropping down, which is fun when driving in the rain.

Last Friday, exhaust emissions warning light comes on, and now the temp gauge on the clocks is playing up. Probably nothing major I'm guessing a coolant temp sensor and LAMDA sensor have failed, but needs diagnosing and fixing.

Call the *fruitcage* this morning, and he tells me there isn't a car available yet, as their loaner is in for an MOT, so maybe ready by 4pm, more likely tomorrow.

Not happy.

Shmook : sounds like the lambda sensor has gone, although depending on what car a faulty temperature sensor could throw up an engine light...

With regards to window dropping. Best thing is to get it up (fnar) and tape it in place - masking tape up one side, over the top of the door frame and down the other in two or three places should hold it.

With regards to courtesy car, best thing is to go to the garage if possible and kick up a bit of a stink.

Source : I work in a garage / dealership.

i have the utmost respect to any infantryman however the majority  of those that i know who are going in/are already infantry are some of the most arrogant and cocky people ive ever met.

As for classing infantry as scum, i dont. I just think they get the bottom of the barrel when it comes to exercises and operations.

Maybe im being to judgmental about infantry

Maybe a few bad apples spoil the bunch

Maybe because ive spent to much time with someone whos joining the Marines

Maybe im arrogent and they arent

who know?

They generally won't stay like that most of the infanteers I have worked with have been pretty sound guys, not as chilled out as Cav by a long shot mind you.

Shmook : sounds like the lambda sensor has gone, although depending on what car a faulty temperature sensor could throw up an engine light... With regards to window dropping. Best thing is to get it up (fnar) and tape it in place - masking tape up one side, over the top of the door frame and down the other in two or three places should hold it. With regards to courtesy car, best thing is to go to the garage if possible and kick up a bit of a stink. Source : I work in a garage / dealership.

Cheers bud, I figured it was the lambda sensor, as for the temp gauge, that stopped working after the engine light came on, and I'm guessing it's a coolant temp sensor from reading around.

As for the window, it's fine when stopped, and I didn't want to tape it up in case any scrotes saw the tape and drop the window for a look inside...

Courtesy car wise, if I don't have one sorted by this afternoon, I'll be at the garage by 9am tomorrow with a scrap passat parked across the entrance stopping anyone getting in, whilst on the phone to whoever will listen to my rants...

Also, I've not forgotten about that steel and stock either bud, I've not had chance to look yet, sorry :)

Archived