1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a used WE 3.8 type B yesterday and played a little mix-n-match :)

3.8" Type A with the type B hammer spring housing

20070424we1911001cq2.jpg

Compact frame with type A junk and the 4.3" slide and barrel

20070424we1911003wr0.jpg

Full frame with the type B hammer, trigger, beavertail, ambi safety, and 3.8" typ B slide and barrel (Took some filing to get the beavertail on)

20070424we1911002yw9.jpg

Group shot (bottom right is the 8mm detonics, top left is the WA Kimber)

20070424we1911004dy7.jpg

3 hours to gut a 1911..

are you serious?

Well 3 hrs to gut it, put everything back together with the PGC kit, and have everything sanded and cycling properly. The last time I gutted a pistol was over 3 years ago, and I wasn't familiar with the TM design. Couldn't figure out the rear sight. Oh, and I had to sand the leaf spring, sight and slide by hand since I don't have access to a belt sander, so it was a total *badgeress*.

Well 3 hrs to gut it, put everything back together with the PGC kit, and have everything sanded and cycling properly.  The last time I gutted a pistol was over 3 years ago, and I wasn't familiar with the TM design.  Couldn't figure out the rear sight.  Oh, and I had to sand the leaf spring, sight and slide by hand since I don't have access to a belt sander, so it was a total *badgeress*.

Just a word of warning, never buy a Prime metal kit, ever.

Hai gize, I 4m l00k1ing 4 a 1337 gnu, w4t shud I g3t?

Seriously, now, Im looking for a no frills no fancy bits, plain and simple, really nice WA1911 that is a piece of ###### to upgrade to full metal and chuck in some lovely upgrades. What im really asking is what is a good base gun to begin a project of a plain 1911 on, to add a (nicest kit) frame and slide to in order to have a lovely pistol to stick on my wall.

Sorry for the n00b post, but I really dont know much about it :P

Chrissy

pretty much any kit will work with any gun, the only things you have to take into account are different sight cuts (if the kit is meant for bomar but doesnt come with one, and you have a gun with novaks) and whether it's government/commander/officer sized.

Other than that you can do whatever :)

If you just want it to have standard 1911 stylings (like a series 80 colt or something) then you'll want to get a.. well.. a series 80 :)

then there's slightly pimped guns like the Colt gunsite, then there's totally pimped guns like the v12 and bob chow.

It all depends on what you like the look of, and what you want it to look like in the end (its best to start with a plan :D )

ta.

Urgent help needed..

I installed a CP custom kimber hammer in my SA V10.. the gun cycles perfectly with and without the magazine in. However as soon as there are bb's loaded and the gun is gassed up it simply wont function.

The gun either half cycles for a bit then jams and vents.. or it just vents straight away.

I need to know exactly what parts of the CP hammer I need to modify in order to get it working, I 'would' offer a +1.. but since they don't exist any more you'll have to settle for my gratitude and respect :D

---

Additionally, I guess I might need to modify the sear too, however I switched it for the stock sear and the problem persisted. The real problem is that the pins from the original hammer are now pretty much fused into the CP one (because the holes for them are smaller) so I cant switch them back round to find out for sure.

I also bought an SD nozzle and rocket valve set, but since swapping this back to the stock set does not solve the issue, I can only trace the trouble to the hammer.

---

Again.. any help is deftly appreciated :)

I bet on a firing pin problem. Did you put back correctly the little ball and the spring in the hammer ?

A sear problem leads to either the gun firing in full auto, or the hammer won't cock.

What did you get in the CP set ? The hammer and the sear ?

Do you a have a stock disconnector ?

well the firing pin is intalled into the new hammer properly.. and when fired with no slide i can tell that it works the same is it did before.. ie it swings forward and snaps back and upwards.. as per usual.

essentially the only differences i can see so far are that the sears are different.. but thins obviously isnt the real problem... the cp hammer has a gap where there isnt one on the stock hammer, but obviously i cant do anything about this because i cant add material i can only take it off.. the cp hammer says scw2 on it specifically..

the really annoying thing is that Im in the middle of my finals and id really love the gun to be working without a load of effort. and i cant even check the original hammer with the other upgrades because i cant take the pins out of the cp hammer and put them back in the stock one...

unless p360 geys back to me..

I also bought a sheriff trigger... but it doesnt even have the same pin locations so ill have to sell that anyway :(

Holy tripple post batman!

Anyways, Im looking at getting an m1911 right after my wallet recovers... Expensive pistol + Serpa = poor phishphansj3151

Ha yeah, my bad. Computer was being dumb and I hit reload a couple times...must of sent the "send" command two extra times. I reported it though.

Yeah, I need a bit of TLC for my wallet too. Once it recovers, TM M1911A1 + Hogue Grips/Marsoc grips= awesomeness for me.

right then-

Here are my final* configurations of the "4 brothers"

WE1911Family1_border.png

1911FSC1_border.png

WE1911Familytree_border.png

WEFamilyClose_border.png

WECompacts1_border.png

WE1911group_border.png

* -I qualify the 'final' because I am going to replace the black-plastic chequered grips on the 'Tactical' with the 4.3 slide.

Slainte!

-G