1911 Picture Thread

HKSSR20-

I know certain hammer clash with the existing grip safety, and sometimes it is the leaf spring.

Hopefully I can help.

Problem 1: Grip Safty is too "fat" in essence the hammer cannot go down all the way, so initially we used to relief the grip safety on the top section to similar thickness of a beavertail so the hammer couldn't lock back correctly. Pull the hammer down and if it seems to almost go down all the way, you could also check by assembling the gun without the gripo safety to see exactly how far the hammer has to be pulled back down to correctly click.

Problem 2:

Although I do not know the exact specs, a couple of us had problems with aftermarket triggers (Laylax and PDI) the sear that clicks up behind the trigger bow had to be tapered so it could effeciently go up to its correct position. Plus the section had to be lubed with a thin silicone spray.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PGC kit is coming in like 2 days and I have one question. Is this what you have to do to modify the leaf spring?

M1911-04(A)-11.jpg

It is for the Guarder kit, wondering if its the same for the PGC.

Edited by res0290

Hey guys, sorry to cut in but i need some info real quick, i's getting a PDI silencer attachment for a marui M1911 (Positive Thread), i need to know what kind of silencer thread i need. I had this answered on another forum, but simply can't find the thread, so a PM would be cool.

This thread has ruined my wallet! :wide-eyed:

Hey guys, sorry to cut in but i need some info real quick, i's getting a PDI silencer attachment for a marui M1911 (Positive Thread), i need to know what kind of silencer thread i need. I had this answered on another forum, but simply can't find the thread, so a PM would be cool.

This thread has ruined my wallet! :wide-eyed:

The answer is in the question, lol

Res0290-

Its the same. You have to take that side down about a mm (very little) try not to take too much off or it lets the leaf spring to "wander". I used a Dremel on one of mine and a belt sander on the other....belt sander was faster and easier to make a even flat cut/sand.

After more than two months of waiting...

470299250_2ea332fa35.jpg

470299260_db8bfebc76.jpg

470299280_55041eee85.jpg

470299288_6064bbadb7.jpg

PGC M1911A1 DX Kit

More pictures soon. In a few days I'll have a NINE BALL threaded outer barrel, King Arms AAC silencer, and more gas...

And yes, I have two PGC rear sights and two PGC outer barrels, long story.

Out of the frame or the slide? I just installed a PGC kit on my TM M1911A1...I might make a picture review about how to do it since this question comes up quite often.

edit

Forgot I'm in a Pictures Thread...

470549217_63e2ff440f.jpg

470549229_6743173964.jpg

470549237_bc68325779.jpg

Fully PGC'd M1911A1, frame, slide, metal barrel, rear sight and recoil spring.

@ evilboba

Once the slide is off, take out the recoil spring, rotate the bushing and take out the outer and inner barrels, pushing them out the front end. Go to the back of the slide where the hammer strikes, there's a hole for an allen wrench, you have to take out that screw and the metal piece its holding. Then near the front of the side there's a VERY small screw (you might need an especially small screwdriver) that you have to take out to remove this long metal piece that guides the slide. Once that's out I just wiggled the guts around until they fell out, you might have to apply some force to the back and kinda force them out (I didn't care about hurting the slide, there might be a better way). Watch out for a very small spring that will shoot out of the side of the hopup unit. You should have the Marui diagram of the internals next to you to help out. Once that *beep* is out you just have to get out the rear sight which is a *badgeress* to explain in words but here goes...with the top of the slide up and the front of the barrel facing you, push the rear sight horizontally to the left. It should slide, at which point you can push the right side of it down into the frame and then it practically falls out.

I have a question now...Sometimes, like every 10th time, my pistol is misfiring after I installed this kit. Not with gas, just a click when I pull the trigger and the hammer does not come forward. Usually when I do it again the hammer hits. Any suggestions or do I just have to doodle around with it for a bit?

double edit spelling :(

Edited by res0290
I have a question now...Sometimes, like every 10th time, my pistol is misfiring after I installed this kit.  Not with gas, just a click when I pull the trigger and the hammer does not come forward.  Usually when I do it again the hammer hits.  Any suggestions or do I just have to doodle around with it for a bit?

double edit spelling :(

Sounds like the leaf spring is a tad mis aligned.

I think it might be something like that. I'll take it apart in a few minutes and see. I sanded the leaf spring (by hand :( ) so that it would fit properly, and the bottom lip of it was securely in that notch. So maybe it is just misaligned, the grip safety is acting oddly too.

I a little update.

*fruitcage*...

Well my 1911 is now FUBAR. I lost a small spring, bent the loading nozzle spring, mangled the rear sight, and generally *fruitcaged* up the rest of it. <_<

This is why I rarely upgrade my guns. Now for the long, long wait for my next skirmish where, hopefully, my friend will be there to fix it. :(

Yah, it has been one of those days.