1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That *suitcasey* weather someone mentioned is the best - overcast skys give the best possible light for photographing still life, although it's been so long since I contirbuted I'm working from distant memory here ;)

...speaking of which, whoever wanted my TLE/II is in luck, PM me it ya still interested :)

SCW3 HRT

Prime slide

Guarder chamber

WA long guide rod

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

PGC metal frame will arrive tomorrow.

:P

PS : I'm in desperate need of a novak rear sight with a small dovetail (as on fbi trial, SCW1/2 para hrt, meu, ...).

The one my scw3 para came with, the dovetail is too large. :angry:

Edited by Mathub

heyyyy. .that's not the proper Para HRT slide Mathub. . also, that's a hicap not a 1911 :waggle:

you might as well just sell that PXT slide off to me for half price (funny, I just sold my PXT slide too).

I might be picking up an all PGC Para HRT (magna-based) . .

Edited by the cleaner

I know it's not a 2011. . .but 1911? .I know it's considered a "widebody". . is it a 1911 widebody?

in any case. .the HRT should only say ".45 ACP" on the LEFT side of the slide..the entire RIGHT side is blank (pretty boring).

*Not quite finished but I felt like posting up some pictures.

Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911

TM M1911 Based

Silver Guarder Springfield 1911 MBK

Bead blasted and polished controls

PDI Milspec Hammer

PDI Piston Head

PDI Flat Trigger

PDI 6.01mm Inner Barrel

PDI Sear

KM Stainless Hammer Strut

Nine Ball silver outer barrel

Nine Ball long recoil guide

RCC Hammer spring

Shooters Design POM Cylinder Set

HPIM0413.jpg

HPIM0408.jpg

But cleaner, I don't want a HRT. (HRT in the description is for the base used.)

The real S14.45 has a bomar and come with a 2 tone slide. But I love mine. :D

And a para is still a 1911, except the lda version which has a different mechanism.

Edited by Mathub

More micro/ultra compact goodness :)

The pics are a bit off. Still getting used to my new digicam.

WA Colt ser.80 magna fit up to (almost) a Prime Kimber Ultra CDP II convo kit. W/ ergo grips.

Kit:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...PCK36T_srch_cdp

Gun:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...LBF_srch_series 80

grips:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ERGO-XT-GRIPS-FOR-COLT...oQQcmdZViewItem

20070615newtoys003zz1.jpg

I forgot to tell wgc not to mangle my trades :( Good thing it was just a donor gun.

20070615newtoys007fo6.jpg

20070615newtoys006gu3.jpg

20070619guns009ud3.jpg

20070619guns008fl8.jpg

20070619guns001lp1.jpg

Frame wise, the safety needed a small amount of filing internally to function. The rod on the safety is about .160" diameter and the hole in the frame is about .200" diameter, so I had to make a couple tiny bushings to take up the slop.

On the topside, the blowback unit fit to the slide with minimal effort. Just needed a couple edges chamfered a bit. A bit of de-burring on the outer barrel (which still needs shortening) and the big task ahead is the tightness of the slide.

In other news, on my never ending quest for the shortest 1911, I happened to ask Boomarms about any upcoming micro's in black:

Q: "Do you know of any future ultra-compact kits coming out? (in black)

?"

A: "For the Next item of Ultra Compact size in Black color would be "Ultra Carry II", Maybe launch in around the end of Summer.

B.Rdgs

Boomarms"

So I guess this will be on the market when those come out ;)

Led,

those grips blend in so well with the packing foam. . .it's almost emerging out (or sinking in)

where'd you get those flat-head countersunk allen screws? Came with the grip or did you have to countersink the grips too?

I've only seen low-pro grip bushings with button-head allens. ..

I got the screws at work.

The grips actually use the std. bushings and screws, but it left the screw heads too high for my taste.

So I had those metric flatheads, put o-rings on them to take up a bit of the slack, and screwed 'em on in :)

No other parts or mod's required.

The grips come in 2 flavors: hard resin and hard rubber (but softer than the resin). I got the resin ones. They feel a lot like the grip tape used on stairs and slippery zones. I'm liking them, but I foresee mud, gunk, skin, etc being a pain to clean off of them.

EDIT: I got the reply from boomarms on June 3 re: UCII kits

Edited by Ledpocket
Ledpocket, they are ergo grips, right ?

I have soft one on my gsr, very nice and cheap price.

I also have the hard ones, not so nice.

Yes, they are the hard ergo's. I got them thinking that they'd be easier to smooth out into Kimber RCP grips than the rubber ones (wasn't in the mood to spend $60+ on the real kimber ones).

I'm sure they're not as comfy as the rubber, but without a direct "in hand" comparison, I'd say they're not too bad.

nice 1911's chaps.. I'm really rueing the day I sold my Raptor :( I wants it back! :o

--

Anyway, so this post has a point..

Has anyone here polished stock controls? What did you use (or would you use) to keep the chromey finish and stop them tarnishing (ie some sort of spray/treatment)

cheers..