Post office shooting

kickasspartan117

Just a few hours ago an x-employee at my local post office whent crazy got her gun went to the post office and killed six people and wounded a bunch of others. It amazes me that something like this can happen. If that woman did not have a gun those people would still be alive. I think is pretty stupid that the 2nd amendment exists. Over there in the U.K. you guys dont have guns, hell the police dont even have guns and crim is a lot less. I think it is incredible that somebody would do something like this and sombody would give the gun to do it with. Anyway, Ill get back to you with more details.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rough stuff. Tried to watch the story on digital news, but that puppet Afghan leader was the main story.

I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but haven't disgruntled Postal workers done this sort of thing before? I've heard references to it at least.

Shame the SWAT boys only seem to be capable of taking down kids with airsoft guns.

Lol....No.

From what i heard, when they went in they found her dead. She did the work for them.

Shame people need to do these things...Cant they just shoot themselfes? Do they have to kill others?

:unsure:

Just a few hours ago an x-employee at my local post office whent crazy got her gun went to the post office and killed six people and wounded a bunch of others. It amazes me that something like this can happen. If that woman did not have a gun those people would still be alive. I think is pretty stupid that the 2nd amendment exists. Over there in the U.K. you guys dont have guns, hell the police dont even have guns and crim is a lot less. I think it is incredible that somebody would do something like this and sombody would give the gun to do it with. Anyway, Ill get back to you with more details.

The lady was crazy. if she didn't have a gun, she would have set fire to the place, used a knife, or drove her car into the building. The gun did not kill those people, the person shooting the gun did. But hey, let's ban knives, cars and matches too before anyone else gets hurt.

-1 for being a hysterical anti-gun fearmonger.

He wasnt just being the messanger, if he'd said "some lady shot up the Post office near my house, discuss" he'd be a messanger, but by adding the "ohh lawd, it's teh guns fault!" he then becomes a "hysterical anti-gun fearmonger." ;)

That is the most pathetic gun fearing knee jerk reaction I've see on this site so far, what the hell are you even doing on a replica gun forum ?

You sound like an idiot from the Brady group. If businesses had the balls to allow qualified CCW owners the choice of carrying their personal sidearms during work someone might have been able to stop this woman before she caused too much damage, you're as stupid as you sound if you actually think removing the 2nd amendment would have made a difference to her actions.

And as for crime in the UK do some damn research.

As food for thought, I put forward Kennesaw, Georgia, USA as an example of why we need more guns, not more gun control.

http://www.kennesaw.ga.us/PoliceDepartment...Statistics.aspx

This town experienced rapid population growth in the 80's, and with it, an commensurate increase in violent (and other) crime.

The town enacted a novel solution: a law requiring all households to have a gun (with certain exceptions).

Now, their crime rates are lower than both the national average and the Georgia state average by a significant amount:

1981 (Year prior to Gun Ordinance)

Population: 5,242

Burglaries: 54

Total Part 1 Crimes: 228

1982 (Year Gun Ordinance Passed)

Population: 5,308 (+1% )

Burglaries : 35 ( -35%)

Total Part 1 Crimes: 165 ( -27%)

1998 (Compared to 1981)

Population: 19,000 ( +275%)

Burglaries: 36 (-33%)

Total Part 1 Crimes 227(+0%)

There you have it. Ipso facto, we need more guns, not less.

Throughout history, most people have been armed. In the 1800's, most people had a rifle on their horse or a shotgun on the backboard of their carriage. In the 1600's, everyone carried a dagger, and people of any social status whatsoever also carried swords. These were duelling swords, specifically designed and carried to make people be polite. This goes back throughout history. The first thing any tyrannical regime wants to do is disarm the population. Look how hard the Northern Irish are fighting to keep their weapons as part of a peace agreement there, and I don't blame them. As soon as there's proof they're disarmed, they'll get *fruitcage*ed.

People kill and people die every day. Violent incidents capture the media attention however every day thousands die from accidents, starvation, drug abuse, cancer and plain old age. More people die in swimming pool accidents each year in the US than by gunfire. People tend to forget the unrest in Northern Ireland, that conflict has been waged with guns and bombs for many years despite any gun ban in the UK. Never follow the path of disarmament lest you end up with a tyrannical government that has by decree the authority to compel you to do whatever they decide.

. Violent gun related crime has soared in my birthplace the UK since the banned private gun ownership. I would not give up my constitutional right to bear arms if these incidents happen every day which they do not.

glock21

The lady was crazy. if she didn't have a gun, she would have set fire to the place, used a knife, or drove her car into the building. The gun did not kill those people, the person shooting the gun did. But hey, let's ban knives, cars and matches too before anyone else gets hurt.

-1 for being a hysterical anti-gun fearmonger.

Implausible headline #2323: Ex-Postal Service employee kills 6 with match

car

knife

etc.

He's got a point, you have far more guns than you need. Same applies to the bible, times change. Absolutists will stick by the old ways because they're the word of God and you're sort of doing the same thing here.

Not that I'm going to, but I should also -1 you for being an over-the-top triggerhappy reactionary.

He wasnt just being the messanger, if he'd said "some lady shot up the Post office near my house, discuss"

Discuss? What? Then you'd simply have a go at any one who expressed the opinion that a firearm facilitated this crime...?

he'd be a messanger, but by adding the "ohh lawd, it's teh guns fault!" he then becomes a "hysterical anti-gun fearmonger." ;)

HARDLY what I'd call hysterical. At least he didn't resort to doing something stupid like pretending to be the woman and giving her leet speak. So put the retort back up your *albatross* and sit on it.

Implausible headline #2323: Ex-Postal Service employee kills 6 with match

car

knife

etc.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/pos...7553712217.html

Hehe, i think the argument was that the worker did not necessarily buy the gun solely for the purpose of killing lots of people. Therefore the gun did not inspire the massacre as such, rather the postal workers hatred for the other people.

However, it is possible to argue that the postal worker would not have committed the crime without a means to the end, i.e- a firearm. If the postal worker had to engineer a sofisticated plan to systematically kill the six other workers with a customised virus then perhaps they wouldn't have bothered.

Either way, I think it would be obtuse to argue that it is solely one factor or the other. Yes the postal worker was mad. Yes the postal worker had a gun.

Would the postal worker have committed the crime if they didn't have a firearm? I don't think anyone can truthfully answer that question.

Archived