Pictures of your latest acquisition V2.0

new goodies before i go home:

4c_1.JPG

fm65_full01.jpg

(fits my g2, not perfectly well but it works)

200605187979.jpg

classic.jpg

(5 of these, the one on the bottom, rated for 24kN)

as well as a safariland 6004 in flat earth brown on the way for my ICQB , and a rail mount and surefire pressure switch for the m500 (m4 devastator replica).

:D sorry the pics are all from the internet, but everything is in the mail to floweeda right now and well, im not lol. plus the safariland is on order.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea, and i was told if they arent in stock or there is a lot of stuff ahead of mine, i can expect up to a month long wait. and this is ordering from a military installation, figured we woulda got some sorta special treatment ;)

(they offered to put in a special expedited order for me but i said no, i certainly need it less then those down range)

this surefire filter is bad*** though, oodles of fun

The spread at that range would be more than you think. It doesn't mention what type of buck either. You could survive and if you're wearing ESS goggles you'd have your eyesight. Just ask D I C K (thank you autocensor) Chaney. (Not that the guy he shot was wearing ESS's, just he survived being shot in the face from about that range.)

Protection from small shrapnel is the selling point of ESS goggles as well as all high-end eye protection. If you get peppered in the face with that stuff it will heal but your eyes are a different story. It's similar to being peppered by buckshot which is why they use that claim.

Edited by SilentScope

I'm in the same boat right now 

Now I'm out of the boat!

img04169zm.jpg

Its a sweet holster, I'm glad I made the switch from nylon. I will definitely Bowflage it soon.

Titleist or anyone, can I loosen the retention on this holster at all? I mean tight is great for real sidearms, but the finish on my MEU wont last long the way it is now.

Not sure, I'm not sure if the allen screw on the side controls the tension of the trigger guard stop or the pressure on the sides of the gun. The suede inside SHOULD keep the finish intact though. Glad you got it by the way.

Martin, behind the legshroud there is a hidden allen wrench, take it and unscrew the screw on the body of the holster to loosen the triggerguard retention, screw in to tighten the retention system.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Martin, behind the legshroud there is a hidden allen wrench, take it and unscrew the screw on the body of the holster to loosen the triggerguard retention, screw in to tighten the retention system.

Umm I cant find it. This is what the back of my holster looks like after its disconnected from the leg shroud:

2b6ce138.jpg

I tried loosening this as far as it will go but it wont change much:

54416ae9.jpg

I think what I should do is just break it in with a real 1911

Maybe, mine doesn't just DROP in like butter, it has a little resistance to it, which is good since I've found when I KNOW I'm gonna need my holster I remove the retention strap and gravity and friction just hold it in till I need it.

Edited by Titleist

No I realize there has to be some resistance but this one is pretty tight. Again it wouldnt be a problem if I was using a real handgun or a junker replica 1911. I just get queasy when I shove a limited edition WA pistol in the thing, ya know? (good reason to get the Marui 1911) It's not like its the holster's fault.

No I realize there has to be some resistance but this one is pretty tight. Again it wouldnt be a problem if I was using a real handgun or a junker replica 1911. I just get queasy when I shove a limited edition WA pistol in the thing, ya know? (good reason to get the Marui 1911) It's not like its the holster's fault.

Nah I hear you, it should be comfortable, with a little bit of resistance, if it feels bad then I'm guessing the WA 1911 may be a bit too thick. Which is odd since WA is usually on spec.

Cali please don't model the vest naked, PLEASE DON'T. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Btw, you back in CA yet?

Guys,

The only tension adjustment is the exposed Allen bolt on the outside of the holster, any other bolt is for affixing parts to one another. This bolt, which also supports the trigger bump stop, when tightened puts pressure on the whole of the holster wall gripping the pistol bodily.

SilentScope,

Here are some extracts from the manual in case you lost yours or something.

Safariland1.jpg

SL2.jpg

If your pistol is oversized and causing excessive friction, even when the bolt is fully slackened off, then try putting the holster in a vice, front to back, and putting a bit of pressure on it. This will deform it slightly by rounding it out and taking off some of the side pressure. If you over do the vice trick and the gun is too sloppy you can always compensate with the adjustment bolt and as intended.

The allen wrench is hidden behind the legshroud, peek behind the legstraps. Maybe a metal kit for the 1911 is needed? :P

Soo good that TokyoMarui released the 1911, since all I really need are the internals, rest is going to be replaced with metal.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I'll post here, because all the geardoes hang around here (waves walking stick at them). I swear I've seen some people attach a QR buckle to their lids, so that they can hang them off their belt. I plan to do the same with my Mk6, and just wanted to see how/if it can be done :)

I don't have a camera at the moment to show you pics of what I got, so I'll just link to the pictures on the websites.

KSC USP Compact Magazine

ksc-magzine-usp_big.jpg

KM 6.04mm Precision Inner Barrel

km-scouspc_big.jpg

Ibex US Special Action Tactical Vest

ibex-tv-02_big.jpg

Shooters Design CNC Slide + Outer Barrel

sd-slide-ksc-usp-bk_big.jpg

KSC 0.2g Perfect BB's (We all know what they look like, no point linking)

King Arms Kevlar Hood

ka-cg-06-bk_big.jpg

King Arms Tactical Leg Holster

ka-hs-1402-bk_big.jpg

Do you think I've made a good selection?

Thanks

And I'm delighted I got it! Although wasn't happy about being stung for 80 euro handling/vat/customs charges!! :o

Hauk :D