Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Counter-Strike inspired SIG SG550 Sniper Variant.

Custom made from the now obselete SIG SG550 assualt rifle shell. Bought it half finished and am in the process of finishing it (just minor things now.) Its going to a studio in reading soon to be photographed properly on a nice solid white background. Should be able to get some good pics up soon.

sigsniper.jpg

Stock is made from Plasticard, Fibreglass, a modfified original stock and wood. Oh theres some metal in there to (the metal bracket/hinge and 2 steal bolts!). Its very sturdy. The stock also folds which is ***ing handy for a 125cm sniper rifle.

Barrel is a 650mm extended PSG-1 tightbore barrel with a welded on custom metal outer barrel.

Foregrip, pistolgrip, custom made scope mount and stock are sprayed oxidised black using Krylon Fusion Black and then topped with a clear laquer. Its at least as scratch proof as the original parts, if not more. Time will tell though.

Scope is a 3-9x40E Walther scope which has 11 illumination levels. Lights up red. Single shot only and runs on either a 9.6v or a 10.8v to make sure the pistol fully cycles each time it fires. It can comfortably fire about 3 rounds every 2 seconds. Very similar firing performance to the Counter Strike 'Autosniper' dubed SG550.

And I love it! :) it can be a tempremental *badgeress* sometimes but its a beautiful piece now its finished. The SG55* series have a very slender foregrip, probably the most slender of any airsoft gun. it makes it very comfy to hold and gives it a very distinct look. In time I will probably be adding a metal body to it if money prevails.

Edited by HampshireAirsoftNick

i prefer the R500 standard actually. the weaponlight is 150 at wgc IIRC, plus shipping. for 145 shipped to the US i got the r500, king arms knights armament light mount, and g&p pressure switch tape tailcap, all of which look and perform flawlessly. plus i have the added flexibility of having a pushbutton tailcap, and being able to take the rail mount off and use it as a standard flashlihgt

but to sum up the r500---quality is superb, its incredibly bright, and the price is awesome for what you get. i love surefires, and this obviously is no replacement for my handhelds, but its a wonderful beast.

edit--and i got mine from airsoft-war4

Edited by paradigmsk8er
But the scope mount can still be called RIS, seeing as it is a Rail Interface System.

But it's not the complete system, so not really. Here's an extract of the definition of RIS\RAS from KAC:

The RIS and RAS units are similar in that they consist of two major components: a top component consisting of top, left, and right quadrants, and a bottom component consisting of a bottom quadrant. Each quadrant contains a MIL-STD-1913 rail that can be used to attach a variety of weapon accessories. Differences between these two units occur in the way that they attach to the handguard cap and delta ring/barrel nut, how the units are numbered, and the types of barrels that they can be used with.

But it's not the complete system, so not really. Here's an extract of the definition of RIS\RAS from KAC:

The RIS and RAS units are similar in that they consist of two major components: a top component consisting of top, left, and right quadrants, and a bottom component consisting of a bottom quadrant. Each quadrant contains a MIL-STD-1913 rail that can be used to attach a variety of weapon accessories. Differences between these two units occur in the way that they attach to the handguard cap and delta ring/barrel nut, how the units are numbered, and the types of barrels that they can be used with.

Yes, but that's describing RIS/RAS units. The scope mount is still an RIS rail and thus could be shortened and called RIS.

Although I agree with you that generally when you say "this gun has RIS" you mean it has an RIS grip or numerous RIS rails attached to it.

here's all of my weapons, and some other bits of kit.... but mostly the weapons....

http://www.kruzewski.force9.co.uk/miscimages/guns2.jpg

We have a Star L85A2 + SUSAT scope

CA M15A4 Tactocal Carbine with King arms red dot, CA grenade launcher as well as a vertical grip when i can't be bothered lugging the GL around.

TM M92f

and a TM M1911A1

Counter-Strike inspired SIG SG550 Sniper Variant.

Custom made from the now obselete SIG SG550 assualt rifle shell. Bought it half finished and am in the process of finishing it (just minor things now.) Its going to a studio in reading soon to be photographed properly on a nice solid white background. Should be able to get some good pics up soon.

sigsniper.jpg

Stock is made from Plasticard, Fibreglass, a modfified original stock and wood. Oh theres some metal in there to (the metal bracket/hinge and 2 steal bolts!). Its very sturdy. The stock also folds which is ***ing handy for a 125cm sniper rifle.

Barrel is a 650mm extended PSG-1 tightbore barrel with a welded on custom metal outer barrel.

Foregrip, pistolgrip, custom made scope mount and stock are sprayed oxidised black using Krylon Fusion Black and then topped with a clear laquer. Its at least as scratch proof as the original parts, if not more. Time will tell though.

Scope is a 3-9x40E Walther scope which has 11 illumination levels. Lights up red. Single shot only and runs on either a 9.6v or a 10.8v to make sure the pistol fully cycles each time it fires. It can comfortably fire about 3 rounds every 2 seconds. Very similar firing performance to the Counter Strike 'Autosniper' dubed SG550.

And I love it! :) it can be a tempremental *badgeress* sometimes but its a beautiful piece now its finished. The SG55* series have a very slender foregrip, probably the most slender of any airsoft gun. it makes it very comfy to hold and gives it a very distinct look. In time I will probably be adding a metal body to it if money prevails.

Holy SEX.

Have you tried the MAG 100 round midcaps for the Sig? They're based on a 30rounder mag too.

Its dead funny you mention the MAG 100 round magazines because I only found out about them today on airsoft world (formerly airsoft scotland). I hear they are about the same size as a G36 mag and only about £7 each, so i'm probably going to get 2. I've also got a hi-cap coming. On single shot its pretty hard to fly through lots of rounds anyway.

Shame is that real steal sig sniper have special 5 round sniper magazines... but I can't see any easy way of making or modifiying existing mags. Who knows, maybe when the MAG ones turn up i'll canabilise one of my 60rd standards and see what I can do with it.