Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick Question... I've been wondering why the Navy Seals use the old A1 reciever on the Mk.18 Mod.0 ....? The only positive thing I can see is that it has the straight grip, but it just looks ugly....  :mellow:

Doesn't seem to fit in with the whole RIS thing?

The Navy SEALs to not use the Mk. 18 Mod 0, the Navy VBSS uses that gun, which is a complete product. The SEALs use the upper receiver assembly only and attach it to an M4A1's lower receiver.

As to why they use the A1 lowers on the Mk18, I have no idea. Maybe LMT/CRANE was able to buy them for cheap from various armories. The USAF was using older M16s for quite a while.

The Navy SEALs to not use the Mk. 18 Mod 0, the Navy VBSS uses that gun, which is a complete product.  The SEALs use the upper receiver assembly only and attach it to an M4A1's lower receiver.

As to why they use the A1 lowers on the Mk18, I have no idea.  Maybe LMT/CRANE was able to buy them for cheap from various armories.  The USAF was using older M16s for quite a while.

Correct. Your speculation on why LMT/CRANE uses the old A1 lowers is also correct...comparable to how the USAF still have re-fitted GAU-5s in their armory today, even though they're being phased out by M4A1s.

The Navy SEALs to not use the Mk. 18 Mod 0, the Navy VBSS uses that gun, which is a complete product.  The SEALs use the upper receiver assembly only and attach it to an M4A1's lower receiver.

As to why they use the A1 lowers on the Mk18, I have no idea.  Maybe LMT/CRANE was able to buy them for cheap from various armories.  The USAF was using older M16s for quite a while.

Thanks for the informative reply :) I didn't know that only the Navy VBSS uses the Mk.18 as a whole gun. Still seems strange to use the A1 lower reciever though!

thanks you probaly didn't need to quote that :P . runs to rsov

EDIT: do they have the one to fit the stock tube or does that single one fit that i can see

http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?manuf...5c4cf53f9be099f

http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?manuf...5c4cf53f9be099f

Both will fit

Are there specific chargers for Li-Poly batteries? If so, where does one find them? Radio Shack type place?

EDIT: Is there any other type of battery that can fit in the stock tube?

Edited by Sgt. Carter
Yea, I just had a little fun, its only an JG. The Colors I used were Tamiya Tan with brown stripes. It got to the point where I was huffin thinner for over 30 mins, couldnt take it any more. I'll go back an do some more damage when I get some time this week.

Instead of using thinner, you should try using acetone (or nail polish remover). Less corrosive on the parts, and not as toxic (though still require ventilation).