Armalite Picture Thread

souske, im begging you to get a new aimpoint mount, otherwise it would look a lot like a SEAL CQBR in ramadi

Yea, I know what you mean...those Wilcox mounts are hard to come by though. The CQBR disease is catching up with me.....I must resist....

In general, I also need a new AP. This old NC Star's barely keeping up with me, lol.

i764469_SideAngle.JPG

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your making a M468 as well Victory? I'm thinking of just buying the SIR off Gunner for about $40, pretty cheap.

So: DBoys/Boyi S.I.R. + Guarder Barrett M468 MBK + front & rear flip up sight and I'm about good to go.

Yep, I've had it on my "To Do:" list for quite some time...

I just keep gettng distracted, heh.

At one point in time, I was going to spend $2, 500 on it, kitted to the MAX, but I've decided against it.

I'm not quite sure what I'll use for the SIR, yet. I was planning on going real steel--A.R.M.S., but that was a part of my origional $2.5k plan...which was scrapped.

-Vic

Yep, I've had it on my "To Do:" list for quite some time...

I just keep gettng distracted, heh.

At one point in time, I was going to spend $2, 500 on it, kitted to the MAX, but I've decided against it.

I'm not quite sure what I'll use for the SIR, yet. I was planning on going real steel--A.R.M.S., but that was a part of my origional $2.5k plan...which was scrapped.

-Vic

So are you still planning on doing the project? It would be cool if you did so you could give me some tips :P

Wow, can't believe you were gonna use a real SIR. I'm planning on purchasing my SIR from gunner. Even though I just got a job (Pool Attendant :D ), I still can't justify spending $200 on the Samurai or ICS SIR when the $40 SIR from gunnerairsoft is still top notch quality!

One thing I would like to know: How come on the real SIR, you'll see that the top rail is not completely flat, but on all the S-Systems, and all the SIRS for airsoft it's completely flat? Is it just modeled after a different SIR version?

It's either a different model, or it utilizes a leveling kit...or something like that.

Something tells me I'll cheap-out and buy the one off of Gunner's, too. :D

If you have any questions, let me know.

-Vic

Edit: Whoot! First post on the 200th page!

I dedicate this post to Ronnie Barrett....gooooo Ronnie!

Edited by Victory
It's either a different model, or it utilizes a leveling kit...or something like that.

Something tells me I'll cheap-out and buy the one off of Gunner's, too. :D

If you have any questions, let me know.

-Vic

Edit: Whoot! First post on the 200th page!

I dedicate this post to Ronnie Barrett....gooooo Ronnie!

probably cause the last part of the rail also has to cover the upper reciever rails on the real version and doing it differently would throw off the sights. on airsoft, it doesn't matter as much.

that's just my two cents though.

probably cause the last part of the rail also has to cover the upper reciever rails on the real version and doing it differently would throw off the sights.  on airsoft, it doesn't matter as much.

that's just my two cents though.

http://www.armsmounts.com/catalog.php?action=124&item_id=80

I dedicate the 200th page to Sam Colt, John Browning and Eugene Stoner.

<_<

ronniebf0.jpg

-Vic

Its a G&G Lightweight Receiver.

Total P.I.T.A to fit. But worth it in the end.

Oh and Yea, the etched trades ###### me off when it came in. On the website I ordered it from it looked like they were engraved.

I still like it though. I wonder why G&G doesn't fit their replicas with these receivers from the get-go. Much better than their Capital of Greedy Island trademarks.