AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont got my AIMS now, i left it at the mechanik shop today to get a new motor and to install mosfet for quick response^^

But ive been wanting to try it on my AKM aswell just havent got time but will do when i get it back m8 :)

cheers mate. im tempted to do something with a steel upper always loved the steel upper, the coathanger stock is growing on me but im still not too sure about the donkey d!ck grip, hence me asking about the AKM lowers :)

might just be me but your inokatsu donkey foregrip looked nicer to me, the RS one looks almost photoshopped, like it looks like it shouldnt be there...it just doesnt look quite right, it looks too chunky and the stain doesnt look red enough (yeah i know its RS so the stain is about as right as it can get :P but it just looks odd)

now what i;d REALLY like to see is an AMS with a vented steel upper *drools*

the middle one isnt an AKS74U, its a PP19-01 (basicly an updated bizon using MP5 style mags) and the first and last done look like PBS1s to me. but eitherway, for a gun that still hurls out the same piece of lead does it really matter?

The Silencer which you have seen on the pictures could possibly be PBS-4 and I´am quite sure cause the PBS-4 is designed for the Gepard and other small rifles/smg´s

nah, the PBS4 for is for the geppard and i think ONLY the geppard (or perhaps PP19 varents too) due to it being chambered for 9mm pistol ammo. plus the PBS 4 looks much more like a typical smooth silencer whereas im sure the ones in the pic had the prominent PBS1 style chequering. it just looked too slim and have too smaller ridge/bulge thingy at the back to be a PBS1.

cheers mate. im tempted to do something with a steel upper always loved the steel upper, the coathanger stock is growing on me but im still not too sure about the donkey d!ck grip, hence me asking about the AKM lowers :)

might just be me but your inokatsu donkey foregrip looked nicer to me, the RS one looks almost photoshopped, like it looks like it shouldnt be there...it just doesnt look quite right, it looks too chunky and the stain doesnt look red enough (yeah i know its RS so the stain is about as right as it can get :P but it just looks odd)

now what i;d REALLY like to see is an AMS with a vented steel upper *drools*

Yeha the vented upper looks good on most AK's ^^ I thought of ordering one for my AKM aswell but im saving for a Ultimak instead, it will looks cool with a 522 Eotech, think it will looks cool like "old" meets "new" :D

I know somepeople just dont like the AIMS handguard but i love it :P but I dont like the Inokatsu grip, it looks too difrent and have difrent shape from the real one. The real looks moore "used" and brutal and have a much better contrast between steel and wood, and its not supose to be red its supose to be moore orange/yellow/brown, i think its mostly Izmash aks that use the red furniture.

Edited by GRIM!
Yeha the vented upper looks good on most AK's ^^ I thought of ordering one for my AKM aswell but im saving for a Ultimak instead, it will looks cool with a 522 Eotech, think it will looks cool like "old" meets "new" :D

HERETIC! *rugby tackles* touch your old school AKs with rails and Eotechs and i will rip your balls off so you can't contaminate the rest of the world!

HERETIC! *rugby tackles* touch your old school AKs with rails and Eotechs and i will rip your balls off so you can't contaminate the rest of the world!

Haha nah but i just love the look of this gun minus the m4 pistolgrip, missing akm muzlebrake and that short mag

maadiarg.jpg

And then imagine this gun with wood furniture

USArmyLTC.jpg

my_plague_666,

You were right : on the second picture we can see a PP-19-01, but the other gun, is the new Izhmash AK-9 : a new AK based on AKS-74U (but full lenght handguard), 9x39 chambered, and equiped with a new detachable silencer.

So, like a friend says : if it's an AK, don't worry, it probably exists somewhere in the world.

Grim,

What people don't like is that at the first "wrong" detail on AK, you pop out of your box, giving pieces of advise, "you should ..." . It starts to being really annoying. You can give pieces of advise via PM directly to the right people :)

Beside this, good pics ;)

AKs have the accessories but they are not RIS mounted, kobras, launchers searchlights etc have all been made for the AK. All of which look a lot better than failed RIS AKs

Searchlight

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/fds_ak.jpg

Red dot

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/sight_cobra.jpg

Scope

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/8x42_scope.JPEG

Launcher

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_gp30.htm

http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-deact_gp30.htm