Camo types?

FireKnife

I was looking at my team photo and thought 'why are they all in British DPM??' and i look a bit out of place in my Dutch NATO DPM :unsure: . I was just wondering who wears what for their camo. My personal preference is either Dutch DPM, German Flecktarn or a funny CQB kit (with dyed black Flecktarn jacket and black combat trousers, Gucci can swivel on that). Just post what you wear and if its a team thing or not and if it matches your load-out (coz with all the DPM i look like i was hired by the team as an extra, i also have an AK, which i "borrowed" from a Russian :P .)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use swedish M90-uniform. I also have a BHI load bearing west in OD with pouches in M90-pattern. Green beret or junglehat in M90.

My entire team use M90. Optional choice regarding tac-wests.

Why don't you go for a Falklands loadout? DPM-jacket with OD-trousers looks cool :-)

I have genuine issue american tri-colour BDUs (far more comfortable than DPM, I own some DPM as well but it sucks in comparrison, some say its a better camoflage pattern but at aisoft range that doesn't really matter anymore). Also have a black SAAV, black drop leg holster and black knee pads for when its rocky or thorny. Also OD flight gloves which are oh some comfortable but I can still actually do stuff in. Oh, I also generally wear a black beanie and a shemagh round my neck if its cold.

P.S. No its not a team thing.

DPM, by choice, because it matches my FALINTIL-FDTL loadout. For the same reason, I wear '58pat webbing (though I guess ALICE would be better seeing as East Timor has been colonialised by...sorry, is being protected by...US forces, and therefore has outdated US webbing and guns). DPM is a fab cammo, more effective than almost any other out there in woodland, and probably THE best in urban. Although Im wearing tigerstripe trousers right now because my DPMs ripped while riding my bike!

For when Im not being so picky on loadout, Id wear a tac vest with the M15 CQB SEALs. (Um...I guess Im some kind of FDTL special forces op...or something... :rolleyes: ).

My site team which I am on wears ACU which works well at our CQB site...but I wont because I will not wear US camo for personal reasons.

The most common pattern for my team is Original Vietnam Tigerstripe. Three team members (including myself) wear full OVTS get-ups. Two teammates wear OVTS trousers and a black shirt, while another wears MARPAT trousers with a black shirt, and a forth wears hunting camo.

I occasionally wear Chinese Tibet-type Sinotarn and German Flecktarn. When there's white stuff on the ground, I wear schneetarn. In the near future, I hope to add Desert Tigerstripe, 'urban' digicam, and a 'Marsh' pattern Type-III FJ jump smock.

@GuzziHero: What's wrong with American pattern camouflage? Other than ACUPAT (or whatever they're calling it this week) patterns?

I wear a simple US Woodland set from pre-Gulf War, if I'm playing in a forested area. However, I have a replica US Desert camo set, which matches absolutely perfectly with Texas Summer. That I use in more open areas.

I also have a British WWII jungle uniform, with all the webbing and helmet, but I haven't played in that, yet.

Jagdraben: Personal reasons. I have a feeling she has a grudge against US troops.

I'm not a major fan of US foreign policy either, not a fan of UK foreign policy for that matter. But I do have to hand it to the yanks, they make damn comfy gear, I know DPM is technically a better camo but like I said earlier, generally in airsoft it doesn't actually make that much of a difference unless you're in a full guillie suit. I find DPM gear very uncomfortable, tight and nylony, not good. Tiger stripe looks the nuts IMO, was going to get some but I acquired my present BDUs for free from an american friend. What does sinotarn look like? I've seen pictures of Chinese soldiers in blue and urban camo that looks quite a lot like US tri-colour in pattern. I have to say the US army seems to be doing its level best at making its toops look like nazis, they already have similar helmets, now with ACU they even look like they're wearing field grey, maybe they're trying to tell us something?

A plain set of U.S. woodland, which suits me perfectly in the redwood forest setting of my local field. I also wear a boonie hat and a light vest of the same camo. I have a belt dump pouch and holster in OD and a knife in black sheathing on my belt. My boots are black, so is my G3SG/1 and the frame of my USP .45, which also has a silver slide.

I have three sets depending on my mood. ;)

I have some really faded US Tiger Stripe for slightly NAM moments.

My main camo has been US Woodland as it is cheap at my local surplus store.

But now... I have finally taken the plunge and spent $200 and got myself a pair of SKD Multicam BDUs. :D

New slogan: "Multicam. Yah, it's that expensive." :P

Archived