Camo types?

FireKnife

Full DPMs with DPM Assault vest if i'm out on my own.

Or

Full multicamp - opps i mean multicam, did i call it camp! oh silly me ;) with multicam asault vest if i'm out with the team.

(NOTE: "camp" dig intented at Zagarol - please no one else take offence!)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In accordance with NATO the Dutch have been known to use the FAMAS F1 and G2. And good camo means effectiveness the blue beret is just for fun but the Dutch DPM is useful to me (woo Dutch). The Dutch also dont have a rifle produced in ther own country and as such make do with either the Enfield SA80 / L85 or the FAMAS.

'FireKnife'

In accordance with NATO the Dutch have been known to use the FAMAS F1 and G2. And good camo means effectiveness the blue beret is just for fun but the Dutch DPM is useful to me (woo Dutch). The Dutch also dont have a rifle produced in ther own country and as such make do with either the Enfield SA80 / L85 or the FAMAS.

'FireKnife'

'FireKnife'

*ahum* The Netherlands don't use a Lee Enfield nor a FAMAS, they use the Diemaco (Armalite flavour)

I don't know by heart what countries are part of the NATO, but besides DPM, flecktarn and M90 are also top notch.

Right lets see here.

woodland i use good old S95 DPM with DPM or Woodland assault vests (i pick a different vest on what role i'm playing that day)

Urban i use ACUs with ACU interceptor (Just need my ACU boots now)

Night or low light skirmishes i use Black tactical tiger stripe (i need to invest in a black assault vest (no to keen on my original SAAV any more its black and brown)

As for arid and desert the only sand near liverpool is the sand dunes at freshfields, but i have a full set of US tri des DCUs i got sent to me by a friend in iraq so i suppose i would use them.

I looking into switching from DPM to MARPAT for my woodland set up with a Coyote Brown load bearing system, not to sure yet.

I also have:

Flecktarn

Portugese lizard pattern

Tiger Stripe

Alpenflage

and an odd urban patter i think is possibly russian, it was taken from some soldier who were captured during the ethnic cleansing in Bosnia/serbia (i forget what 1 it was or if it was both) I will try and get some pictures of it and post them up.

Does any one use Swiss Alpenflage anywhere? i have a set and have never used it and have never seen any one use it, i guess that down to the red in the pattern.

Grim

Where I play, everyone has either:

Woodland BDUs

MARPAT

ACUs

or some Civilian mix and match

It gets really confusing in combat when you and your opponents have almost the same uniform. Luckily, My friend gave me some British DPMs, and I've worn them ever since. Personally, I think it works better than the woodland in the area I play

Archived