Five seveN

Kristoffer

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only person in theuniverse that thinks this looks sooooooooo nice.....?

*runs off to shop with savings to buy it*

You better beg to be on my team today :P:D ahh j/k

Seriously though, if the damn 8mms weren't ten times the price of 6mm then I might consider buying into the cailbre...but ten times the price? Screw you Marushin, I'm going home.

Also, as regards the 8mm 5-7: THE DIAMETER OF THE OUTERBARREL ON THE REAL FIVESEVEN IS ABOUT 8mm.

THAT is why I am appalled.

The outer diameter of the real FiveseveN barrel is 10mm. I've measured mine (I have all four models of the FsN and two Jarvise barrels) and it is so. http://www.jarvis-custom.com/Products/tabi...88/Default.aspx also specifies 10mm.

You better beg to be on my team today :P:D ahh j/k

Seriously though, if the damn 8mms weren't ten times the price of 6mm then I might consider buying into the cailbre...but ten times the price?  Screw you Marushin, I'm going home.

It's just as expensive a comparison of 5.7mm with other pistol calibres, more or less. It's more "realistic" in that respect.

Baaaah, why doesn't anyone get that it's mostly about cost and performance.

Possibly because people were whining: "Oh noes it's not realistik size!"

from an economical view their move was less than optimal.

The fact that a 6mm version would have been a bit more true to the original just adds insult to injury, so please all you flame-trolls, go bother someone else.

As said before, it's Marushin: This was to be expected. They make 8 mm BBs. If you think you know their market that well, why don't you offer them your advice? I'm sure they would appreciate some armchair-consult telling them how to run their business.

"Emo" seems to be the new "script kiddie" or something like that, people without good arguments slap it onto everything they dislike to ridicule it instantly.

My arguments about the inner barrel vs. realism -problem were bad? I thought it was worthy to point out that airsoft guns are unrealistic if you look at them from the front, so it doesn't matter if it's 8 or 6 millimeters. And as others have pointed out, there are quite a few models with a much larger difference between the airsoft caliber and real caliber, and no-one's complained about those before.

It's more like people use the "wrong size barrel" as an argument because they want to see problems with this pistol. It wasn't the exact model they wanted and it uses less common and more expensive BBs, so people suddenly make up problems of things that weren't bothering them before. Making a problem mountain from a mole hill is EMO in my book.

I'd like to encourage y'all to sit back and wait for the 6 mm version, which should follow. I don't mean to stomp on you, but some people need a bit of a shove to get their attention.

5-7 fanboys are like starving beggars on the street. Then a man named Marushin walks by and offers them food. But the beggars whine that it has too many peas in it.

QFT.

-Sale

As said before, it's Marushin: This was to be expected. They make 8 mm BBs. If you think you know their market that well, why don't you offer them your advice? I'm sure they would appreciate some armchair-consult telling them how to run their business.

My arguments about the inner barrel vs. realism -problem were bad? I thought it was worthy to point out that airsoft guns are unrealistic if you look at them from the front, so it doesn't matter if it's 8 or 6 millimeters. And as others have pointed out, there are quite a few models with a much larger difference between the airsoft caliber and real caliber, and no-one's complained about those before.

It's more like people use the "wrong size barrel" as an argument because they want to see problems with this pistol. It wasn't the exact model they wanted and it uses less common and more expensive BBs, so people suddenly make up problems of things that weren't bothering them before. Making a problem mountain from a mole hill is EMO in my book.

I'd like to encourage y'all to sit back and wait for the 6 mm version, which should follow. I don't mean to stomp on you, but some people need a bit of a shove to get their attention.

QFT.

-Sale

just wondering how many gripes there'll be if they release in 6mm ............nbb? :blink:

I think that phenomenon can be explained somehow. At first, it seems to be obvious that people prefer 6mm BBs instead of 8mm ones for reasons of cost. Perhaps they didn't want to get flamed by the "get over it you whiner"-morons and therefore tried to came up with the barrel diameter thing. I do prefer 6mm BBs because buying in into another caliber with that high costs is nothing I will do as long as I can avoid it.

During this year, I'll try to get a realsteel FiveseveN as well, if I succeed I could do a side-by-side review.

It may hve been armchair-consulting, but the simple fact that the 6mm version would sell much better should be obvious, even to them. But perhaps, if someone has to buy a few bags of their insanely expensive BBs as well, they will perhaps make more money after all.

It's just a little impudent to mock airsofters who have been waiting for a skirmishable FiveseveN for years. ;) Reminds me of that insane EULA things you have to agree to in the process of installing some software. These are long and elaborate forms of "You bend over for us and get to use our product or you can go forth and multiply..."

No. They were not. But as explained above, there might have been some reason to come up with other explanations than "Bah, 8mm sucks for skirmishing."

I don't think they really want to, but since the BB size it uses is all "wrong", there is one problem that can't be ignored for the majority of people. There is nothing Emo about this one I think.

I had hoped for a 6mm IOM or Tactical Model, but if 6mm never comes up, I even will go with the 8mm USG one day, because it still is sexy as hell.

QFT.

-Sale

Do you remember how long it took Marushin to release the 6mm P210 after the 8mm?

Because if no other manufacturer comes up with a nice gun like this, I'd like to know how long I'll have to wait approximately.

Tinkerbell took orders for them. He showed no pictures. I said it was a trap.

Tinkerbell made lots of excuses about lack of pictures, and said I was an evil liar and that I should shut the *fruitcage* up.

Everyone else who wanted a BIZON jumped on me and told me to STFU as well.

Still no pictures.

A YEAR PASSES. ONE GODDAMN YEAR. NO PICTURES.

Then Tinkerbell announces that it was a trap, and gave the money back as there were no BIZON kits.

I win.

Darklite, please get your facts straight. i NEVER took orders for the bizons, and i NEVER took money for the bizons. that means i never had money to give back when it turns out DeeDee (the person supposedly producing the kits) screwed me over by 'selling them all' to a 'mate of his'

it wasn't a 'trap', either.

<blah blah blah, no idea what i'm talking about>

I win.

bsmeter3ab.gif

Anyway, i think its worth noting that marushin came out with .27g 8mm bb's not long ago, thats only a tiny bit more than most 6mm ammo. If we're lucky too they might come out with .25 or .2 in the future ;)

Anyway, i think its worth noting that marushin came out with .27g 8mm bb's not long ago, thats only a tiny bit more than most 6mm ammo. If we're lucky too they might come out with .25 or .2 in the future ;)

Nice to know, thanks!

The larger diameter will still mean more drag than the tinier BBs, but it's a start!

Didn't know that there are 8mm with less than 0,34g out there.

Tinkerbell took orders for them. He showed no pictures. I said it was a trap.

Tinkerbell made lots of excuses about lack of pictures, and said I was an evil liar and that I should shut the *fruitcage* up.

Everyone else who wanted a BIZON jumped on me and told me to STFU as well.

Still no pictures.

A YEAR PASSES. ONE GODDAMN YEAR. NO PICTURES.

Then Tinkerbell announces that it was a trap, and gave the money back as there were no BIZON kits.

I win.

Also, as regards the 8mm 5-7: THE DIAMETER OF THE OUTERBARREL ON THE REAL FIVESEVEN IS ABOUT 8mm.

THAT is why I am appalled.

When you don't know anything about the situation, it's best to shut your mouth and listen.

Archived