Five seveN

Kristoffer

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why should a pistol shoot so hot? It's a close range, last-ditch weapon.

Maybe some of us only or want to use pistols as main? ;)

I actually prefer a pistol over a rifle most of the time.

Funny thing, my P226 shoots further and more accurate than my rifles... (though the accuracy might be shooter-induced)

Am I the only one in this thread that's absolutely stoked about this release?!

Since the generation of the airsoft n00b, it's been every Five-seveN fanboy's dream for a blow back one to come out!

How is it that no one seems to be that interested in it???

I for one shat my pants when my friend called me and told me the news, and am going to get it the day it gets released!

BTW, I love 8mm, but I do feel a little violated that they decided to use 8mm in the Five-seveN, lowering it's capacity, upgrade potential, astetic apperance, and probably a few other things in the process.

But ever since the appearance of that craptastic chinese springer, I've been itching to get one! But I could find it no where! I'm so happy a GBB from a reliable manufacturer has FINALLY decided to make one!

Hallelujah, Brother Sledge!

For the last 2 years on the folks on Arnies have moaned that there isn't a 5-7.  Every time another gun came out, the chorus shouted, "But it's not a 5-7!" 

Hey look, an AK74 is finally being released! 

"But it's not a 5-7!" 

A Marui 1911! 

"But it's not a 5-7!"

ad infinitum

People wanted the gun and now they're getting one.  So it's 8mm.  I happen to like 8mm  pistols.  He11, I plan on getting one just for the Resident Evil factor.

One name for you: F2000. I've heard the exact same over and over and over again about the stupid F2000. If you say one word against the F2000 (such as, "I don't like the look"), prepare to get your head chopped off, skinned, turned inside out, and then handed back to you. Those guys get nasty when it comes to that.

EDIT: And I, for one, am excited about this release. I'm not going to buy one, just because everything else I use it 6mm and I don't want to have to buy 2 types of ammo. But still, I can't wait to see one!

it's nice they are making a "new" replica, but c'mon, 8mm?

I don't think we are splitting hair when we ask for a 6mm replica, because I belive that customers should be the ones dicatating WHAT and HOW to make, and not just take what ever the manufactures throw at us and be happy...

Grief.

Someone here is asking for a S&W auto from W.A? Well they make some already.

People are after a 5-7? Yep It sure is coming.

People are after a Browning HP? Well, there are a few variants out there at the moment.. with the HP M35 due late march as well.

People have asked... some suppliers have listened, and produced.

Now by the bloody things.

It is almost like... "ooooo. I want a cheap ferrari (or insert your favourite mode of travel)... and they release one.. and you go DAMMIT!.. I wanted it in midnight blue (insert favourite colour) instead of red!"

Don't forget how close to airsoft non-existance that the UK was (still is?) and RELISH your choices and buying power.

Are there even BB loaders for 8mm? :P

As for the variants of the gun - if demand is high and no manufacturer wants to release a full gun of that kind, chances are, someone will make a conversion kit someday...

What about those Seburo kits from Poseiden?

Weren't those in quite some demand? at least from my point of view they were... but I wanted them... hehe.

They did make a conversion, but it was only a limited run so they stopped. No one bothered to pick up where they left off though... :(

Why would you want an 8mm BB loader? I bet it would only hold like 20 BBs lol.

My two 8mm Detonics mags hold 10 BBs each, which is just enough for me to get the job done right. I always keep a bunch of 8mm in my pocket just in case though. The BBs are so big and the mags don't hold so much, I really wouldn't see the point of the loader...

Oh and, I really like 8mm because it forces someone like me to conserve ammo and play more conservatively. Although, someone like me is the kind of person that tries to find the biggest box mag, and tries to achieve ROFs of over 30 RPS. But then again... That brings an even greater smile to my face lol

The choice of 8mm is really bizarre, now this has a pipe that is 2mm larger than the real weapon, the muzzle hole will look way too big. for me, one of the only things that make the fiveseven interesting is its little AP cartridge and they have totally ruined that effect, waste of time. :angry:

Someone will make a 6mm though, of that I am sure. :D

You know, this 'SOmeone will make it in 6mm' sentiment... I don't quite see it.

For YEARS now, everyone's been clamoring for a 5-7'n... Then someone makes one, and they get slammed, ridiculed and told 'no we don't like it like that'...

Do you think anyone else dares to try this again? Why should they, when it'll just incur r&d costs, because face it, no one but Marushin can use the molds for this one, and they probably wouldn't pick up 6mm conversion until they have gotten some of these sold.

You got quite an important point there. If this one doesn't sell well, noone else will dare to make one, especially if R&D costs are that high.

For me, I'll be waiting about 2 months or so to see if either a 6mm conversion kit or a 6mm gun comes out, be it from Marushin or someone else.

If not, I'll be happy to get the 8mm one, but if given a choice, it's 6mm all the way.

Our feedback to this manufacturer who obviously listens to us should not be a flame, it should be rather along the lines of "Well, this ist just AWESOME, but we have a few suggestions here and there..." :)

Perhaps all of this is a quite cunning marketing strategy: they release the 8mm version, which will be not as popular as a 6mm version under any circumstances and they just want to build up momentum so that the fanboys *really* want that gun and then they release the 6mm it with that "Well, you guys asked for it"-kind of taglines.

As previously said, the beautiful P210 went that same way. 8mm first for the collectors and then the 6mm for more practicality. But in this special case I think the 6mm version would be more appreciated by the collectors as well for reasons of barrel diameter.

Or, since Marushin are the only ones to have built a GBB 5.7, they will use it as a chance to draw more people into their growing 8mm line-up, and this will be the only 5.7 available for a good while yet.

It's all well and good trying to second guess them, but they're out to make money, and if this gun is the hook required to attract more people to 8mm, they might just decide to catch as many fish as they can.

But why didn't they do that with an 8mm GBB Desert Eagle? Or something that could've made more realistic use of the larger airsoft caliber?

Why did it have to be from a gun that shoots bullets smaller in diameter than an airsoft BB? Why did they have to stick the largest airsoft caliber in a gun that shoots bullets smaller than standard airsoft BBs?

If they made a blowback Brenten or Desert Eagle, or redid their GBB 1911 8mm line, or something like that, I would be more inclined to buy more of their 8mm GBB series, but why a Five-seveN?

It makes no sense!!! To tell the truth, I thought my friend was sh!ting me when he told me it was 8mm...

Although that really wasn't on my mind when he told me it...

I don't think that this will be unpopular as it seems there are many people who want a Fiveseven so badly that they will overlook the 8mm thing but still it makes no sense. A 6mm one would have been much more popular so no matter which way you look at it, it is a very strange design decision to go with 8mm.:blink:

The barrel of the gun is not to be seen on the pictures, the only clue that it actually is 8mm is the piece of paper the gun lies on, so perhaps all is well after all and they're just sh*tting us and then sell us the right stuff with a smile saying "just kidding, mate"... :P

But oh well, if it's 8mm, we'll just have to get used to it. 8mm BBs are a bit hard to get here, but if there's a will... :unsure:

To add to this what is the appeal of the 5.7, give me a Colt or a USP and i'd be much happier than having a gun that looks like the designer said 'how can i make people think, its a gun with a funky casing' thats all it is a gun with a woopdedo casing, its no better than the other pistols of its type, its just a pistol, and one with a deranged trigger guard at that.

'FireKnife'

Archived