Five seveN

Kristoffer

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mhe has a point its the choice of Marushin so leave em to it, just wait patiently and dont keep on whining then maybe someone might say, "oh a market for a 6mm 5-7", but until that day show some calmness and get off Marushins back about this.

'FireKnife'

mhe has a point its the choice of Marushin so leave em to it, just wait patiently and dont keep on whining then maybe someone might say, "oh a market for a 6mm 5-7", but until that day show some calmness and get off Marushins back about this.

'FireKnife'

Thanks for mentioning it.

After all, Marushin are the pioneers on this FN gun, no one can take that from em. But since the 6mm version would sell much better, they better come up with one before someone else does.

Because Marushin did the hard work and they deserve a reward for it.

Perhaps best would be, if they or someone else would come up only with a 6mm conversion kit instead of a whole gun, so both parties would profit in the process and their 8mm gun will sell better too.

Yeh a new slide and mag (or barrel and mag) conversion kit that makes it 6mm would make this all go away, just be patient until someone releases the damn thing. Actually could someone make one just to shut the whiners up.

It stupid whining over a gun, when its just like every other one, its shoots small pellets with gas, its just different on the outside.

'FireKnife'

Sledge.My comment re: Airsoft in UK was not a case of "buy now", but was intended as "appreciate what you have".

heck..I sure do for this country.. (NZ).. and the laws here are far more restricted over here.

I would have rather seen the 5-7 (I am NOT a fanboy on this piece) released as a 6mm. (I have the M1 carbine in 8mm as well as a Detonics.. the 6mm is far more stable/dense for various weights). Not to mention that the 8mm still has to conform to the Japanese law for FPS (umm. which was what.. 1J max? same as UK?) so as someone else mentioned, the speed will be slower.. (almost Matrix stylez... and could that not be a good thing? :D)

It is just that this whole "oh noes!!11" thing really does (seem to) get repetitive, whenever there is a popular gun released, and it doesn't conform to expectations or 'dreams'.

Either way... I am out of this conversation.. I will carry on reading it though. :D

See ya's in the next one.

(PS.. would that vespa engine even manage to get the wipers going? :P )

To explain the fact that Marushin appears to "stupidly" keep making guns in 8mm...

They've more or less the exclusivity of the production of 8mm IIRC. How much R&D goes into those BB development? Nothing. The moulds and processes are working, and they sell 0.34g of plastic 5 times the price of 0.25, which is, economically speaking, a pretty good turnover. Very little investment, great pay-off.

Now, all they need to sell those is to attract people, or give them a reason, to buy their BB. So they develop inovative and exclusive airsoft guns, things that the comunity has a strong lust for. And it's not as if developping a new gun needs a total R&D in GBB technology, it's just small adjustment of a basic principle. The external design of the product is made by gun companies, so they just have to work on the moulds, maybe try to get the trademarks rights. They now have something sexy and exclusive, that may attract some new customers for 8mm. Hell, if I knew there was a potential for a really high volume of gun sales with that kind of exclusivity on the BBs, I could even sell the gun for no gain, and take money from the BB sales. They play low volumes in investments, and sure they don't sell as much guns as TM, KSC or WA, but how much (5 times more expensive) BBs do they sell compared to other BB producers? I bet that their return on capital employed is better.

The idea of using this version of the 5.7 might be a bad choice, or a tactical choice. They may have plans for the tactical, that will be released after this one has reached market maturity. Then the real fanboy, who will have bought this one because he craves for a 5.7 anyway, will buy a second one. It's actually the same phenomenon as what would happen with a 6mm version. For that, wait and see.

And gosh, yeah, I'd like a GBB Garand M1. But in 6mm...

as to the whole barrel diameter thingy, I've got an MP5K. now the barrel diameter on that is off by a WHOLE THREE MILIMETERS! GASP! and the barrel diameter on my AK 47 is off BY ONE POINT SIX TWO MILIMETERS! SHOCK HORROR!

oh, and my glock 17 is off by a WHOLE THREE MILIMETERS! OH TEH NOES!!

only really *really* pedantic people will be irritated by *barrel size* i mean come on, really. people buy M82's and DE's and dont complain about the 'barrel being too big'.

i mean it's only really going to affect the people who collect, skirmishers wont (or shouldn't, at least) care what size the barrel is so long as it shoots. hot damn you guys are anal about the barrel being too big.

It's a Five-seveN. people who have waited for one, but it. people who dont like it, dont buy it. people who think its *beep* and is wrong for XYZ reasons, SHUT THE HELL UP, at least Marushin have made the ###### thing.

Tinkerbell, have you ever skirmished with 8mm guns? The bbs travel so goddamn slowly that it's only really possible to hit someone who's standing still - with a pistol this is not good.

Also, whilst we're on the topic of "just shut the hell up cos they released the damn things", what ever happened to those BIZON kits? :P

It's a Five-seveN. people who have waited for one, but it. people who dont like it, dont buy it. people who think its *beep* and is wrong for XYZ reasons, SHUT THE HELL UP, at least Marushin have made the ###### thing.

QFT

Tinkerbell, have you ever skirmished with 8mm guns? The bbs travel so goddamn slowly that it's only really possible to hit someone who's standing still - with a pistol this is not good.

He may not have but I have. They don't preform much worse. If they are clocking in at 250FPS or more they work well.

I for one don't care if it is 8mm. I buy them anyways so I makes little difference to me. Sure a 6mm would be better but take what you can get.

Don't so worked up about the barrel sizes. I have a Mk23, and the barrel discrepancy is nearly 6 millimeters. So chill.

5-7 fanboys are like starving beggars on the street. Then a man named Marushin walks by and offers them food. But the beggars whine that it has too many peas in it.

I remember those! What actually happened to them?

Tinkerbell took orders for them. He showed no pictures. I said it was a trap.

Tinkerbell made lots of excuses about lack of pictures, and said I was an evil liar and that I should shut the *fruitcage* up.

Everyone else who wanted a BIZON jumped on me and told me to STFU as well.

Still no pictures.

A YEAR PASSES. ONE GODDAMN YEAR. NO PICTURES.

Then Tinkerbell announces that it was a trap, and gave the money back as there were no BIZON kits.

I win.

Also, as regards the 8mm 5-7: THE DIAMETER OF THE OUTERBARREL ON THE REAL FIVESEVEN IS ABOUT 8mm.

THAT is why I am appalled.

So, maybe the barrel diameter is even closer to the real thing than many of us were thinking so far - that won't make the 8mm bbs more practical and less expensive.  :mellow:

I think what he was saying is that the outer diameter of the real Five-seveN is 8mm, where the inner diameter of the inner barrel of the Marushin will be 8mm, meaning the outer barrel on the Marushin will most likely be at least 12mm in diameter, making it at least 50% bigger than the real one.

Can someone just make a conversion kit to shut these whining little kids up, its a pistol, it fire bbs and if you don't like it in 8mm then buy a 6mm of some other gun or convert it yourself. Just dont whine to Marushin as they dont want to hear it, they made it, it their gun and therefore its their rules.

'FireKnife'

Can someone just make a conversion kit to shut these whining little kids up, its a pistol, it fire bbs and if you don't like it in 8mm then buy a 6mm of some other gun or convert it yourself. Just dont whine to Marushin as they dont want to hear it, they made it, it their gun and therefore its their rules.

'FireKnife'

It's not about whining, but I don't think you'll get it even if someone told it to you a thousand times...

It's about making a product less than optimal. Of course, it is still great and all, but it is not all it could have been. So please, do not remember us that a company has the freedom to design a product to THEIR liking. Well, Cpt. Obvious couldn't have said it better. But perhaps even you will understand that free market is not about what a company likes, it is about what customers want...

I pull my hat to Marushin for making an awesome gun, but I will always scratch my head in disbelief why the hell they had to make it 8mm. I guess if someone asks them, they can't come up with a reasonable answer. And no, "because we can" is not reasonable. :P

Archived