Five seveN

Kristoffer

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that phenomenon can be explained somehow. At first, it seems to be obvious that people prefer 6mm BBs instead of 8mm ones for reasons of cost. Perhaps they didn't want to get flamed by the "get over it you whiner"-morons and therefore tried to came up with the barrel diameter thing. I do prefer 6mm BBs because buying in into another caliber with that high costs is nothing I will do as long as I can avoid it.

For the record, I don't own a single 8mm gun and I'm not likely to buy one. With the same energy limits as for 6mm BBs, the ballistics are simply inferior.

If people were trying to reinforce their point by talking about the real barrel bore, they only shot themselves in the foot: I wouldn't have opened my verbal cascet in this thread if it weren't for that "argument". Most people seem to agree that 8mm is expensive and has poor performance, and the actual arguing went on about whether it matters that it's 2.3mm off instead of 0.3mm.

It may hve been armchair-consulting, but the simple fact that the 6mm version would sell much better should be obvious, even to them. But perhaps, if someone has to buy a few bags of their insanely expensive BBs as well, they will perhaps make more money after all.

I trust they have their reasoning behind it. And if they don't, it's their mistake.

-Sale

Jeez this is still a problem, it a simple choice for those who want it.

Either:

Buy it now and suffer with slow moving 8mm shots.

Buy it and gut it, then fit a 6mm system into it (costly but possible)

Wait until someone decides to add a 6mm or make a conversion kit (either from Marushin or someone else)

I speak for all those who see this post as a reason to just whine about the lack of 8mm quality and the fact that something long awaited is not how you like it. Just do one of the above suggestions and stop the whining.

'FireKnife' (Sitting here with my USPc with its 6mm goodness)

[..]Buy it and gut it, then fit a 6mm system into it (costly but possible)[..]

I've seen you mention this, what, 3 times now. It's nowhere as easy as you make it sound, it's at least 3 times harder than you imagine it is - maybe one/two people out there would A. love the 5-7 and hate 8mm enough and B. have a kited out workshop and the skills to do it.

I certainly wouldn't bother, I'd just wait 'till Marushin (or even better; someone else) made a 6mm version.

Anyway a lot of places in the UK have the 328/350 fps limit on full auto weapons only - so some sites will allow ~500fps pistols as long as you don't breach the minimum engagement range.

Catman i never said it was easy it just that these seem to need repeating, if people really, really, really want it then people may have to do this now to get it, its an ultimate last resort but someone with the cash and not the brains could do it if they really wanted to. Just get over it people and if you want something done about it then go out a do it for yourself.

'FireKnife'

Catman i never said it was easy it just that these seem to need repeating, if people really, really, really want it then people may have to do this now to get it, its an ultimate last resort but someone with the cash and not the brains could do it if they really wanted to. Just get over it people and if you want something done about it then go out a do it for yourself.

'FireKnife'

It may be entirely possible to do so, given enough time, cash and a perfectly good workshop with all the necessary tools, but doesn't it make you wonder too, why they ignore such a big market as the one for a 6mm version? Well, they will have their reasons (we will never know which though, but we know that another version by them will probably follow), but they risk other manufacturers coming up with one as well (which undoubtedly would be 6mm) in the meantime, grabbing precious market share?

It's just something one can go mad thinking about...

FN Five-seveN. YAY!

8mm. NAY!

I wouldn't mind it being 8mm at all, I think it would be a nice change. But for a replica of a gun that fires 5.7mm rounds... Come on! You'll fit less than 20 rounds (the realsteel) in that mag. :unsure:

Oh well, 5-7 YAY!!!

That quiz is funked up, it said i was a 'sniper' for some reason. Seems that the 5-7 thread is losing interest, finally people have stopped whining.

'FireKnife'

p.s. Yeah join in snowman, your justpistols site could do with this as a review.

well, i havent read the all 8 pages but, i have some informations about the 6mm version.

but before, i have to say i own, P210 in 8mm and 6mm. All parts except inner barrel, and magazine are 100% compatible.

Regarding this, and knowing that marushin have to promote their caliber, because they have world wide patent for this, i perfectly understand the choice of making 8mm first. Also making afterward a 6mm version based on the 8mm is easier than making the 8mm based on the 6mm.

last but not least, my infos are saying that Tanio Koba will release the 6mm conversion for this 5-7,

So, sit back, just relax, wait and see !

well, i havent read the all 8 pages but, i have some informations about the 6mm version.

but before, i have to say i own, P210 in 8mm and 6mm. All parts except inner barrel, and magazine are 100% compatible.

Regarding this, and knowing that marushin have to promote their caliber, because they have world wide patent for this, i perfectly understand the choice of making 8mm first. Also making afterward a 6mm version based on the 8mm is easier than making the 8mm based on the 6mm.

last but not least, my infos are saying that Tanio Koba will release the 6mm conversion for this 5-7,

So, sit back, just relax, wait and see !

Dude, you just made my day... :D

6mm Five-seveN here I come, no matter the cost. Hell, I'll take two of em...

Any word on other varients of the gun? I'll be happy with the USG, but I'd offer my soul and/or kidneys for a Tactical. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived