WTF CA realesed two PLASTIC bodied ArmaLites

Bangla_Black

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...honestly, do you have ANY idea what you're talking about?

Apparently not.

I could try to defend my position but I'll be getting off topic.

Anyway, CA making plastic bodies is pretty much crazy since the reason people want a CA is because they HAVE a metal body  :)

Frankly, if the CA plastic body is around $160 or so, I'll rather get that then a Echo1.

does anyone know how much these ca guns are supposed to cost?

Not yet at least...

Because, CA is a better upgrade platform then a TM. TM you'll have to replace the gears, bushings, etc. to get it to woodland levels, CA, it's basicly comes stock a woodland gun.

Or you could leave a TM stock as they're just fine anyway and often outrange stock CA in woodland, or even get closer if you're a bit out of range rather than going "zomg i need another 50fps lol", the only downside to old TM guns was the bodies on some models, even thats less of a problem now....

Inq Eisenhorn thinks its already been said, but when you can have a Dboys at around £150 MAX! why would you want a icky wicky plastic body??

Plus Inq Eisenhorn has read somewhere, and he could be nasty wrong, but isn't it illegal in Japan to have a full metal rifle? So maybe the CA plastics were made to compete in those markets, rather than US and Europe?!?

P.S Inq Eisenhorn is writing in the third person, because he thinks its the done thang.....

As the quantities of people typing in third person grow, so does it's unoriginality

Also, pay attention to the currency people are talking about.

£

$

See the difference? ;)

CA is doing this to lower prices for a big brand name. And, it has armalite trades. Most clones have no trades/trades for their own company. My guess is they are trying to preserve the name and realism (scratch metal body) in a cheaper price.

Smart move for CA. They have been staggering since the rapid intro of cheaper less quality replica's. If it has the same gearbox as the metal replica's it will be a great starter gun, Much better then Echo1 or any other knock-offs.

I wonder if it will use a 1 piece hopup or a two piece design?

Thing is, used to be that, when you bought a CA gun you KNEW the gun would be a mess but you bought it for the metal body.

I guess CA now feel that their internals are as good as anybodies so they'll try to get a slice of the lower-end of the market as well.

As for metal guns being illegal in Japan, 2 words: Systema PTW. ;)

buy plastic CA

get better quality metal body

I was just thinking the same exact thing. Suppose they do end up costing ~$200, you can then buy a metal body you actually like (I hate the armalite trades) and still end up spending about the same as a metal bodied CA. It sounds like a good deal to me.

As the quantities of people typing in third person grow, so does it's unoriginality

Also, pay attention to the currency people are talking about.

£

$

See the difference? ;)

I bet you're fun at parties....."oh look, everyones laughing...its soooo unoriginal, I won't do it" ;)

About the metal bodies in Japan...I'm sure I read it somewhere, but now I'm not entirely sure...maybe it was a FPS limit.....what-ever, I stand corrected!

Inq Eisenhorn thinks its already been said, but when you can have a Dboys at around £150 MAX! why would you want a icky wicky plastic body??

Plus Inq Eisenhorn has read somewhere, and he could be nasty wrong, but isn't it illegal in Japan to have a full metal rifle? So maybe the CA plastics were made to compete in those markets, rather than US and Europe?!?

The CA should be about £75 + postage, probably around £120 tops with postage, don't know about you but i'd MUCH rather have a cheap plastic CA over a cheap metal Dboys, and as mentioned CA's plastics are very good and their quality control has got a lot better over the years.

And no, metal rifles are allowed in Japan, iirc its full metal pistols that are illegal. Even so CA would have to sell the gun without certain parts to get around the patents TM hold in Japan (ie selector plate and other bits i forget).

Also, you think typing in the 3rd person is kewl but everyone else thinks its ghey.

I hate anyone who talks about themselves in the third person, it's just dumb and pretentious.

As for the debate about whether TM or CA are better stock, I think it's fair to say that everyone has had different experiences that may cloud their perception of any other guns by that brand.

I've had a stock TM gun for years, never had a single problem with it. However, that doesn't mean that all TM guns are perfect stock, it just means that mine was a good'un.

£40!! yeah, but then you need to run the additional costs....like tax, import, shop profit margins etc.....

I was comparing the "base" costs of some of the chinasoft AEGs from Actionhobbys with RSOV.....its shocking....until you add the shipping and possible tax costs...not to mention the long wait, and it worked out that you're better off buying from a UK vendor.....

I doubt we'll see the CA plastics for £40 over here (UK)

The Badger would point out evike, which carries a fair selection of plastic bodied g&g guns, an m16a2, an m4a1, and an m4a1 full stock

The Badger sees this as a good thing though, these cheaper high end guns give people more choice, so that someone who wants a nice m16 but doesn't care for the metal body wont have to pay extra for it

OMG..... OMG....... why not go the whole hog and call yourself the Badg-inator?

"The badger shot you - call the hit!"

"Who?"

"The badger?"

"Where is the badger?

"The badger is here?"

"Cant see him. Where? Who is the badger?"

"The badger has no name"

"FFS"

"The badger has no time for this idle *chaffinch* chat."

"*fruitcage* OFF"

:blink:

Archived