Jake-

Lovin' that 705, simple and neat. Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say "semi-concealed". It would clip on to my belt, and the lower half of the handle would be covered by my pocket.

Quick question, what do you use to sharpen your knives? Those edges looks so polished and uniform.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake-

Lovin' that 705, simple and neat. Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say "semi-concealed". It would clip on to my belt, and the lower half of the handle would be covered by my pocket.

Quick question, what do you use to sharpen your knives? Those edges looks so polished and uniform.

Oh, alright, that makes sense.

I use a lansky sharpening system with diamond stones. It gets them shaving sharp!

The 705 was a very popular model, ans seeing how it is out of production, it will be very hard come by, but you might get lucky on the 'bay or something. You might be interested in its cousin, the 707. It has the same handle profile, but made of aluminum with G10 inserts. The blade shape is different as well, but it is still a great little knife.

-Jake

Found a cheap Polo wallet in the closet, so I decided to turn it into a concealed carry option.

No concealed fixed blades? So the state gov't deemed it better to have people walking around holding knives in their hands?

Found a cheap Polo wallet in the closet, so I decided to turn it into a concealed carry option.

No concealed fixed blades? So the state gov't deemed it better to have people walking around holding knives in their hands?

Thats a good idea!

No "concealed ready stabbing weapons". No concealed fixed blades, no concealed open folders, and i guess no pens in my pocket either.

Edited by Sasquatch

It's my pleasure to present the Strider Gen6 SnG Tanto, with black G10 grips.

Here's the G10 side of the pretty lady, with blade closed:

DSC00395.jpg

The TI side, ain't she a beauty?

DSC00396.jpg

G10 side again, blade is wiiiide open:

DSC00397.jpg

And here's the TI side with blade open:

DSC00398.jpg

For those of you who has not owned a MSC folder before, here's how the lock system works:

DSC00399.jpg

No unneeded parts here.

This baby's sharp as a razor, I can even use this thing to make dinner!

It's my pleasure to present the Strider Gen6 SnG Tanto, with black G10 grips.

Here's the G10 side of the pretty lady, with blade closed:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pete...90/DSC00395.jpg

The TI side, ain't she a beauty?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pete...90/DSC00396.jpg

G10 side again, blade is wiiiide open:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pete...90/DSC00397.jpg

And here's the TI side with blade open:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pete...90/DSC00398.jpg

For those of you who has not owned a MSC folder before, here's how the lock system works:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pete...90/DSC00399.jpg

No unneeded parts here.

This baby's sharp as a razor, I can even use this thing to make dinner!

Oh, you ###### :P

Very nice blade. I need to save up some funds and get me one.

-Jake

• 2 weeks later...
My Buck Strider 888 Solution in its new spanky custom made leather sheath

<<<image>>>

this has to be the best knife i have ever owned and not being a fan of cord wrapped handles the best of the strider line i have seen/handled :)

Strider are increasingly making fixed blades with G10 handles now (or the SLCC, which had no handle material, per se).

My DB-L NSN has grooved G10 handles and it's an absolute beauty. Very grippy even when wet (tried it, didn't mean to ;)) and when covered in blood, apparerently (not tried it, never mean to :P). Keep an eye out on the various Strider dealers' sites - there are some super deals about if you look, especially on some of the more limited blades (like my DB-L NSN, one of 100, cost no more than a regular DB-L), and many of them now come with G10 grip slabs as opposed to cord-wrapping.

Oh, not sure if you've ever handled a real Strider before, as opposed to a Buck Strider. Not knocking the Buck Strider knives since they're very good (I have an 889 myself :)) but 'real' Striders are leagues ahead.

Edited by HaVoC

I have handled both, side buy side, and for the money i reckon I have all i need for a dust collector ;) plus there is no temptation t unwrap the handle to see if i could redo it ;) you know, like the overwhelming urge to open up an aeg to see how it works only to regret instantly doing it :D

only thing I'd spend over 150 quid on knives ways is a microtech halo3, oh yes, i shall get one one of these days ;)

only thing I'd spend over 150 quid on knives ways is a microtech halo3, oh yes, i shall get one one of these days ;)

Good man :D I'd never spring for one of those though, it's a lot of money to spend on a collectors piece, I don't think I'd ever use it for its intended purpose...