Battle-Worn Picture Thread

Nice piece of kit you got there. Two minor complaints though:

1. Remove the tape from the flashhider, looks a bit silly and on a real rifle it would probably rip off with the first shot fired.

2. Redo the magazine-setup. Having a mag upside down like that isn't really smart. When you go into prone or fall over you'll smack that mag right into the ground filling it with all kinds of nasty stuff, rendering it useless.

Disclaimer:

Yes, I know it's airsoft. But as you/the guy obviously want your guns to look more realistic, don't stop halfway down the road.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

master_titled: Oh, I did not know that, interesting though. Gotta do some googling on the subject. Thx for correcting me btw, don't wanna look like a complete smartass ;)

*Edit* 40 minutes of googling lead to nothing, would you mind telling me why they put ducttape on the flashhider?

Edited by Lajjvo

Weapon is stil WIP, but the "*fruitcage* it up" part is done.

- Jing Gong G36K and G36 bipod (2nd hand but upgraded)

- Star G36K handguard (to allow mounting the bipod; was hard to find)

- ACM Elcan Spectre 4x (113$ shipped from acmgear.com)

- Montana Spray paint (these are great: just 4 bucks a can and over 100 colours in their matte, low pressure "84" line, and you can rub it off with pharmacy alcohol)

- the rail is a regular G36C rail with the sights taken off and a segment from another rail glued on

16062011588.jpg

SCOPE: Im very happy with it: excellent externals, nice markings and the QD levers work perfectly on any rail. The image (4x) is clear and is actually usable in airsoft engaging distances, as the scope image is quite big. It also has a great eye relief, unlike those stupid Acogs. On not so sunny days, apart from as a scope with the reticle, you can use it as a red dot with both eyes open, that was a sweet surprise (red and green dot, BTW). Mine came with a few tiny spots of paint on the lens, but the guys at acmgear.com gave me a T-1 micro aimpoint in compensation. I wasnt willing to get one for 140-150$, but they have it for 113$ shipped, so that sealed the deal.

PAINT: Montana spray paints are great. They mainly produce graffitti stuff, but they also have a line called "94" (typo in my original post) that is matte paint instead of glossy and low pressure, useful for getting even coats and small surfaces like guns. They are pretty cheap (3,25 euros for a 400 ml can) and they have a range of 146 colours. They are super fast drying and can be cleaned with simple plain old alcohol (I used 96% ethanol).

Here's their website: Shoot them an email to find out if they are available in your country/city: http://www.montanacolors.com/productos.php?idf=1

Edited by chas

Love this page, it wins.

I would also like to know about the tape on the flashhider for VN rifles.

Before going out on a mission they'd tape over the flashider and other parts of the rifle to keep as much moisture and dirt out of the weapon as possible. On first contact they'd just shoot through the tape.

Nice piece of kit you got there. Two minor complaints though:

1. Remove the tape from the flashhider, looks a bit silly and on a real rifle it would probably rip off with the first shot fired.

2. Redo the magazine-setup. Having a mag upside down like that isn't really smart. When you go into prone or fall over you'll smack that mag right into the ground filling it with all kinds of nasty stuff, rendering it useless.

Disclaimer:

Yes, I know it's airsoft. But as you/the guy obviously want your guns to look more realistic, don't stop halfway down the road.

Both are copied from 1960s period photos*..... So regardless of the sense thereof, they stay. :)

As already pointed out- the tape is the 'remains' of what was applied and 'shot through' in first contact.

The reversed mags were a better-than-nothing solution to increasing your instant round count when breaking contact in SOG and Recon units, particularly those not lucky enough to get 30 round mags.

*In 'NAM magazine part-work and Shelby Stanton's book amongst others

I see, thanks for the clarification on the "tape and mag-issues".

I like it when people gives something a thorough thought, therefore I approve your rifle and wishes you the best of luck with it.

My blaster:

ptwdir20111s.jpg

ptwdir20112s.jpg

Got a new paintjob (or really a paint removal job), had to switch som accessories around for my new Hk416 and Mk46 projects, these are leftovers.

Kitlist:

PTW CQB-R MAX 2008

KAC RAS

Surefire M900

AN/PEQ-15*

KAC QD Silencer*

KAC BUIS*

ACOG TA01NSN*

CQD Dieter front sling mount

LMT stock*

*Fake

*fruitcage*ed up my Car-15 a bit.

You can tell it's artificial wear, but I'm hoping now i've taken the paint off the edges will smooth through use and it'll look a bit more genuine.

*edit* I'd also like to point out the sling doesn't foul any of the working parts nor block the ejection port, before anyone mentions Black Ops :P

P1010325.jpg

P1010321.jpg

Edited by hwagan

*fruitcage*ed up my Car-15 a bit.

That is absolutely delicious. Did you take a dremel to it? I spent an hour or so with the wire wool on my G&P M733 yesterday, havn't taken it as far as that but I'm tempted now!

*edit*

Are those the stock G&P receiver pins? Mine were useless and kept falling out.

Edited by CHIFF_MoA

That is absolutely delicious. Did you take a dremel to it? I spent an hour or so with the wire wool on my G&P M733 yesterday, havn't taken it as far as that but I'm tempted now!

*edit*

Are those the stock G&P receiver pins? Mine were useless and kept falling out.

Cheers man :) I didn't actually; I was slightly inebriated in a friend's garden and took the thread of a 4" woodscrew to it! Turned out surprisingly well :P

They are the stock pins yeah - I seem to have been lucky with most of mine, but I've replaced one or two with random pins from old AEG's that were a better fit; I'm not too keen on the screw pins.

I was slightly inebriated in a friend's garden and took the thread of a 4" woodscrew to it!

Slightly? :P

They are the stock pins yeah - I seem to have been lucky with most of mine, but I've replaced one or two with random pins from old AEG's that were a better fit; I'm not too keen on the screw pins.

I hate screw pins, but since I couldn't get any of the old pins I had to hand to fit reliably I've had no choice. Hopefully the XM/203 I plan on grabbing come payday will be fine.

It's a combination of two techniques, the one listed in the "afghanistan and back thread" where you lightly dust flat tan paint (I used Krylon Camo series tan) then rub it off with a paper towel or rag with rubbing alcohol on it, followed up by my "mud" technique where you take a clean paper towel get some rubbing alcohol on it the put a light touch of Krylon camo series brown spray paint on the damp portion and lightly streak it across, being sure to hit the high points where mud would usually touch if you put the weapon on the ground.

I went back in again and rubbed off the dark sections of paint with a clean paper towel and rubbing alcohol, and places where my hand contacts that would naturally be very clean. I didn't take a picture of it but before I did it I serialized everything with an armorer's/paint pen in blue, and when I dirty it it comes off looking like normal ware.

The overal feel of the finish is of a weapon that got extremely dirty but has since been lightly cleaned with a rag and water.

Blackweell do realize that whole weapon up there is your fault..... :) I haven't seriously fielded in AEG in 4 years, and it's all I use right now.

EDIT: here's the "Afghan and back" thread

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=195808&st=0&p=2447753&fromsearch=1entry2447753

Edited by frogfish