Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AFAIK MIAD's will not fit on G&P bodies directly, mine didn't at least. There are small grooves on the gearbox shell that pop out, and on the MIAD there are grooves into which these are supposed to slide...These grooves on a G&P gearbox are just a bit longer than they are on other gearbox shells. So all you have to do is sand the grooves on the inside of the MIAD so they are just a little longer, use a file. Keep trying to put it on, and file, and try, and file more, and try...Eventually it'll fit.

edit

Just reread your post. If you're talking about the slight gap between the backstrap of the pistol grip and the back of the receiver...yeah, that happened on my G&P a bit, but I just sanded those grooves a little and it was fixed.

What he said-sand, file, fit (hammer), over and over until you get a good fit.

DSC00693.jpg

Internally stock CA M15a4 rifle

DB Custom 6.01x363

Systema hop chamber

Custom 16" Dissipator barrel

Magpul MIAD

Knock-off Magpul trigger guard

G&P Crane stock

generic fakepoint

fake Phantom flash hider

G&G cut-down carry handle rear sight

My Updated M4

Classic Army M15A4 TC

Gemtech Talon RIS

Prometheus 6.01mm (247mm) tightbore

Systema M120 Gearbox (swapped piston with G&P white)

Vietnam version M16 mags

CMORE Tactial sight

HK416 buttstock

King Arms Flip up front sight (coming soon)

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

Edited by cpilla
How do you like that CMORE sight?

I love it!. I wanted a sight that was long yet compact and it's just that. It spans the entire upper receiver and stops right where the front RIS starts. It also came perfectly lined up and it's deadly accurate with my tightbore. I do wish I spent the extra $40 for the push button on/off switch instead of the dial. It's a little hard to turn if you have big hands.

Edited by cpilla

old faithful. used for every skirmish. except when recently the gear box was knackered the hop up went bust. had to replace all the internals. probably would have been cheaper to buy a new one. but at the end of the day, i love it (within the boundaries of decency) :)

dsc00110mg8.jpg

dsc00110mg8.5f39dd5314.jpg

dsc00113jl5.jpg

dsc00113jl5.c303448d0e.jpg

2 of my M4's just about done with both of them. This tan gun is going to be a MK18 inspired, I just need a few more things to complete it, this entire gun was also made with spare parts I had lying around. Its also my first time painting a gun, I used textured tan paint from home depot.

almost done MK18 "inspired", shooting 396fps

*updated* new flash hider and correct sight

DSCN1462.jpg

DSCN1464.jpg

My primary M4, shooting 375fps with high speed gears and motor. Going for more of a noveske style with this one. Thinking about adding a little bit shorter barrel and fire hog flash hider.

DSCN1449.jpg

DSCN1453.jpg

DSCN1451.jpg

DSCN1390.jpg

posing with my old silenced SF front end

DSCN1431.jpg

Edited by REVOA4

Front sight base is on backwards. :P

If it's going to be a Mk18 Mod 0 like you intend, you're going to need a whole load more parts. KAC RAS (not a freefloat), M16A1 lower, M16A1 pistol grip, 10.5" barrel, LMT CRANE stock, and most importantly a front sight post that goes in the right direction. If you plan to make it a plain CQBR, you can keep the M4A1 lower and the LE stock. Sorry to be semantic.

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant

lmao, i just noticed that too, nice find! I've broken this thing down so many times for paint and upgrades I didn't even notice that. I had a hell of a time getting the front end put together and outer barrell fit correctly. nothing my dremel couldn't fix. And not 2 parts on this gun are from the same manufacturer.

I do have a 10.5 barrel on it. Its a work in progress like I said not finished yet. I dont have plans to change the lower receiver. To be honest I'm just gonna add a crane stock, aimpoint, and new RAS and I'll be done with it. I'm not as anal as you :P

Maybe someday I'll get around to upgrading the receiver, the pistol grip is a relatively cheap upgrade.

And thanks for clearifying, I actually didn't even now the MK18 had a m16 lower.

Maybe I should rephrase it to "MK18 inspired". After a couple more items of course.

Done and done.