1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM 1911A1 With PGC Springfield Armory Kit

-snip-

If anyone is interested I'd be happy to give a parts list

very very very nice my brother! Excellent Springy!

....seems familiar somehow though....can't quite place why :unsure:

;)

chris'u5: Is it just the pic or do those markings look that dull? Not used to such a quality by Western Arms. But I definitely envy you … I like this early version a lot and would love to have one myself.

On my screen anyway I would say the pictures represent the accuracy of the markings quite well.

Edited by chris u'5

Nice work. I have been trying to find that SD slide with no luck so far.

BTW add SS 3 hole trigger, ring hammer, threaded barrel and extended slide release then it would make decent Big Boss's 1911. Oh by the way, I belive it had standard 1911A1 MSH. Not flat MSH.

I think you have Nova's Grip safety there?(SFA version) Hows the quality? Do you think it's well worth the price over cheaper alternatives?(i.e grip safety off hicapa etc.)

I think you have Nova's Grip safety there?(SFA version) Hows the quality? Do you think it's well worth the price over cheaper alternatives?(i.e grip safety off hicapa etc.)

I think its not necessarily worth it. Weighs similar, althought the material is different, the grip safety isn't under any load or wear and tear, the coating shouldn't peel off, or in danger of wearing internally can cause problem. Problem is I don't think the Hi-Capa's is as available...

I have a Nova one, and it is quite costly...

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/ma.../0723081717.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/ma.../0723081716.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/ma.../0723081719.jpg

does my trigger look a little copper to you? thats because it is... underneath the silver color, it is just copper. boo

-Joe

Sorry to tell you, but so is your outer barrel. Not sure why they would do that, though, since copper isn't exactly cheap...

I like what you've done with it, regardless of what certain parts of the gun are made of.

I think its not necessarily worth it. Weighs similar, althought the material is different, the grip safety isn't under any load or wear and tear, the coating shouldn't peel off, or in danger of wearing internally can cause problem. Problem is I don't think the Hi-Capa's is as available...

I have a Nova one, and it is quite costly...

Thanks for the help. :) I have hicapa beaver tail on my springer build atm. I really like Kimber style. More or less for the ergonomics of it than the look. If it were around 40USD then I may not hesitate. But when it costs around 70USD, that I think is a little too much.

I really like Nova Ambi safety too. But they cost like....*fruitcage* lot. <_<

It's not that I can't afford it but I just can't seem to be able to justify it's costs.

Very nice man. I actually got this gun confused with the one Mathub's has for sale (not every day you see 2 FM AMT hardballers).

What exactly did you do to the recoil spring plug? I still trying to work one up for a V10 of mine thats missing one...

What exactly did you do to the recoil spring plug? I still trying to work one up for a V10 of mine thats missing one...

The recoil spring plug's an exact replica of the original WA part but machined from good quality lightweight aluminium instead of the original HW metal. I had it made simply to help bring the weight of the 7" gun down towards that of a 5" to further improve cyclic speed and gas comsumption; especially in the cold.

Edited by Mobius Strip
here is my baby.

TM1911 with guarder metal slide and frame which ive sanded down.

still need a metal outer barrel and chamber.

and a few internal upgrades.

Put some wooden grips with medallions on that and it'd look identical to a very nice RS .45 I got my hands on a week or so ago