1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eBay, look for a seller named "gunsmoke101", thats where I got mine from. They also have grip with checkered, rosewood with magwell cut, as well as black wood with magwell cut, aside from the one I got....

@laxplayer

I got the comp from PDI directly, at www.x-fire.org

got some rs grips for my bell 1911a1 from hogueauction.com. i wanted cheap(ish) wood grips with checkering etc, i went for some of the 'cosmetic seconds' because they are sooo cheap and perhaps more important they'll probably get damaged in use on my 1911a1 during games anyway. as it turned out when they arrived i couldn't really see anything wrong with them, hurrah. just had a quick look and they currently have 150 pairs 'cosmetic seconds' grips for std size colt 1911 .45 pistol - so hopefully they'll have the specific style you want

bell1911a1_rightgrip.jpg

my grips cost less than £15 including postage and took about a week to arrive, so i'd be happy to recomend https://www.hogueauction.com/index.php to all 1911 users :)

Was it hard to learn to do checkering, renegadecow? I would have figured it to be something that takes months to learn. Got any pictures?

Very nice grips by the way. I'll have to work on my woodworking skills a bit more...

Thanks. Bought a starter kit and manual from Brownells imediately after someone here posted his grips made by Esmeralda. I already have plenty of woodworking background so cutting the scales to shape was easy. Checkering however was not. Its not so much as skill thats needed most but patience. Get all riled up and you're likely to slip and make a mistake. I could compare to it to building a scale model kit. My first set took me 3 days (after a weeks worth of practice), and thats just the checkering bit. The one below took about 1 1/2 days.

doublediamond.jpg

Is that the Koba lower frame? Loving it!

Yes it is =]

Was dreading having to do any sanding or modding to get it on but luckily i didnt have to as it fitted like a glove. Also replaced the standard hammer with an X-fire delta hammer

heres a better pic.

od1911226.jpg