1911 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TM, DO NOT even think of buying the KSC 1911. ###### and utter ######.

And seriously? WA? Huge pay-out for something that will cost loads to upgrade and even more to continue running. I might only browse WGC for parts but the most and most interesting aftermarket parts seem to be discontinued.

I had Icon Arms a local armorer teflon-moly the slide and frame of my Creation Kimber DW metal kit. Heres the finished slide and frame from Icon Arms. Little shiney right now but he said that would wear off in a while. It is next to my real Desert Warrior(why the serial number is blocked) and yes its missing the front sight.

Before:

rsandairsoft.jpg

After:

Copyofnewasandrs2.jpg

Copyofnewasandrs.jpg

Copyofnewas2.jpg

Copyofnewas1.jpg

Color is pretty damn close. But I imagine it will get better as the shine wears off.

Thanks agian Icon!

What is Teflon - Moly is it a paint process or some other coating and how much did it cost?

Yes its a special paint. Its done in a manner similar to powder coating accept in a spray on application. Dura coat for example is a teflon-moly type paint. The paint is imbedded with teflon and moly so that it makes for a slick surface that reduced friction.

The armorer that did it for me charges about 75 for a pistol.

Edited by beanns2

a serial number is one of those markings that proves a gun is real. if a customs agent sees one, he may doubt the credibility of the orange tip. also, they usually use one that was used on the real gun.

i don't know what i'm talking about...

Edited by Horsem4n
Cheers guys,

Would you recommend the KSC 1911 or the TM 1911? Unless theres another descent version I've missed?

I've a KSC 1911 and its a supurb skirmishing pistol,however getting mags for them is pretty difficult in the UK,I bought the last 2 from Airsoft Warehouse and imported 2 more from Redwolf.

I'm guessing that KSC are bringing out a system7 version so it might be worth waiting.

Could any one with any experience with the Nova or PGC Kimber warrior kits give me some advise. They are both about the same sort of price, i just want to get the best one. I know the PGC requires some sear modding, but that doesnt bother me if its the better kit. What i dont want to do, is get it and then spend hours filling it for it to not funcion properly.

Also can some one tell me the difference between GM and caspan type barrel bushing, cant really tell from the photos :D

Cheers guys.

Could any one with any experience with the Nova or PGC Kimber warrior kits give me some advise. They are both about the same sort of price, i just want to get the best one. I know the PGC requires some sear modding, but that doesnt bother me if its the better kit. What i dont want to do, is get it and then spend hours filling it for it to not funcion properly.

Also can some one tell me the difference between GM and caspan type barrel bushing, cant really tell from the photos :D

Cheers guys.

I would go with NOVA though some experinced troubles fitting the kit, i own two and the last one was a drop in fit so it's a matter of luck...

On the other side my PGC kit was somehow hard to fit perhaps it was my first built.

The caspian bushing is fatter and larger than the regular one, covering the full lenght of the barrell.

Edited by baias6230

PGC is always my first choice when it comes to metal kits. Although I got all my stuff before ProG4 was around, so if I do another build I may try their stuff.

I stayed away from Airsoft Surgeon because Clarence Lai totally cheated my friend over a custom slide a few years back. So my choices were basically PGC, Prime, SD and Sheriff. Of those 4 I find PGC to be the best quality.

I prefer PGC as well. Their stuff usually requires some fitting, but I find that a tight fit from the box is better than a drop-in, since I can fit the parts just right and won't end up with a wobbly slide. I've fitted 3 PGC kits so far with a 4th on the way and all work very well.

On a side not, a Guarder steel barrel for the TM M1911 won't fit the PGC kits properly. It doesn't lock like it should and thus ends up sitting a tad too low in the chamber. The gun still works though so it's a cosmetic flaw.

MGS4 "Operator" Inspired Custom WE 1911 Tactical.

DSC00309.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00310.jpg

DSC00307.jpg

External:

WE 1911 Tactical (Wilson)

Nineball 1911 Threaded barrel (Lightly polished)

PDI Delta Hammer

WA Wilson's Barrel Bushing (Polished)

WA Wilson's Mag Well (heavily modded to fit)

RS Wilson's Full length Recoil rod and plug (Cant afford the $400 Lasermax)

KSC 1911 grips modified to fit Ambi safety and Dry brushed light tan

King Arms Advanced Armament Evolution .45 Silencer

G&P M3 light w/ Surefire P60L bulb.

Internal:

Guarder reinforced loading muzzle

PDI Winter Piston head

I was trying to keep it as cheap as possible though its hard to avoid spending a lot when Japanese parts are needed, luckily we sell most of the parts I needed. And yes technically it should have Springfield Armory trades but they proper slide is hard and expensive to come by.

XPOSTED TO MGS WEAPONS AND LOADOUTS

Edited by vengecore