Armalite Pictures

almost done...notice there's no trigger?  still waiting for a full systema gearbox.

im impressed by the new hurricane metal body.  the fit and finish is perfect and the trades are deep.

the colors didnt come out right.  the forend and the modstock are a very close match.  the grip however darker than the forend and stock.

Keyser,

Quick question, did you have to make any modifications for the rear mounting clamp to fit over the Hurricane upper? I had to mod the barrel nut so the CASV top handguard can properly align over a Guarder upper.

Thanks!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keyser,

Quick question, did you have to make any modifications for the rear mounting clamp to fit over the Hurricane upper? I had to mod the barrel nut so the CASV top handguard can properly align over a Guarder upper.

Thanks!

I had to grind down 2 areas on the upper receiver rail so the CASV's mounting screws could fit. I also had to lightly sand down parts of the barrel nut's teeth. the work wasnt too bad.

I had to grind down 2 areas on the upper receiver rail so the CASV's mounting screws could fit.  I also had to lightly sand down parts of the barrel nut's teeth. the work wasnt too bad.

Ugh...I was hoping to just pop mine on, but I guess I have a bit of work ahead of me...should be getting mine tomorrow.

Screaming Weasel, it's the VLTOR CASV-EL

I added a King Arms 'ARMS #22' style AimPoint mount with forward riser so that I can co-witness the Troy BUIS (terrific mount by the way, highly recommended). Unfortunately because of the out of spec CA body it's a little high. Curse you CA!!!.

I also added a King Arms side sling mount (pictured here with my Specter Gear HST sling). It seems like a very well made part.

My G&G GP6-II is mount on the bottom rail at the moment using my old King Arms AimPoint mount (also a great mount, even has battery storage). It's not well suited to this task though, it's too bulky. I have yet to find a QD mount that I like that is appropriate for a 6P-sized light. I may just get another ARMS #22.

DSCN0045.sized.jpg

DSCN0047.sized.jpg

Ugh...I was hoping to just pop mine on, but I guess I have a bit of work ahead of me...should be getting mine tomorrow.

Screaming Weasel, it's the VLTOR CASV-EL

It's really not all that difficult if you do what keyser did. Just take a file or a saw and widen the width of the upper rail. The other option is to mod the barrel so the barrel nut sits deeper into the receiver. I didn't want to mess with the upper in case I wanted to change the forend one day. Both are not too hard at all with the right tools. I'm not too sure why the teeth on the barrel nut needed to be changed, this I did not have to do.