Aug Picture Thread

If you do make a drop in kit, i.e. just the mag well, I'll buy one.

For a silencer thread you might consider a 16x1mm +ve thread, it's on the MK23 SOCOM silencer so it is a sort of standard, as long as it looks OK.

The extended outer barrel would also be concealed inside the silencer (depending on dimensions)

I'd also buy one of those.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, well, I'll need some more pictures about the vents, but weren't the vents removed from the newer versions of the kit?

And I might add threads, or I'd have to make a custom silencer for it.

FPS is about 1 joule or so, it was shooting hotter at around 350 before with the full barrel, but after I cut it down it seemed to have mellowed down a bit. And yes, it was cut down, but I think it's around a M4 length barrel? I'll have to check once I get home.

And yes, I'll work on a guide soon. Actually, I'm thinking of making another one, and doing a step by step guide of that, except this time, I'll try to make this a straight drop in kit, so I won't need to sell entire AUG's.

I'm not sure about the vents - you're in a better position to see an actual 9mm AUG than I am, being as they sell these things in the States. Or used to, at least. The most detailed picture I saw of the 9mm barrel had vents in the top, sort of compensator style, but no idea what version that was. Photos of the actual barrel and muzzle seem hard to find.

I've no idea what the right thread to put on it would be. I only asked for the sake of it being a pure-replica, I don't plan to attach anything to those threads, if they were there.

Looking forward to seeing the guide.

Oh, and would now be the time to mention that the 9mm AUG doesn't have a gas port/gas plug? ;)

Edited by Hedganian

If you're talking about the little thing on the side of the barrel? Then I've already cut that off. It was the main reason why I hesitated to make it in the first place, until I got another AUG to butcher another front off.

Looking at this picture, I don't really see the vents, they could be there, but I haven't seen any good pictures yet. I'll try some real steel forums later and see if anyone has anything.

aug9mmparts01.jpg

And if you only want a thread for looks, and not to use, then I could probably do it, or at least get close to the look.

I hope you kept the little shiny silver thing (the gas plug) when you cut the gas port off - those things are about as rare as hen's teeth, since they're always falling off TM AUGs. I myself need a couple of gas plugs for my AUG barrels. Oh, the shame of it.

Fourth generation kits did away with the compensator slots in the barrel because it fouled silencers and apparently didn't make any difference.

Well, that answers that question, anyway.

Apparently it uses its own AUG 9mm 25-round mags as well as 32-round Steyr MPi mags, not the TMP mags. The MPi looks like a poor copy of the Uzi, to my eyes, disappointing from Steyr. I guess that's why it's not well known.

A comparison bewteen the 32 round MPi magazine and the 25 round AUG 9mm magazine. Both will function in the 9mm AUG, but the bolt hold-open feature will only be activated by the 25 round magazine utilizing the plastic follower. The 25 round magazines also incorporate count holes. The magazine shown has the elongated slots while some other magazines simply have a few traditional count holes.

MPi%20Aug9mags.jpg

As for the barrel thread - well if it would be used, that'd be nice, but I probably wouldn't put a silencer on mine. Then again, I might if the option was there, who can say?

Edited by Hedganian
I hope you kept the little shiny silver thing (the gas plug) when you cut the gas port off - those things are about as rare as hen's teeth, since they're always falling off TM AUGs. I myself need a couple of gas plugs for my AUG barrels. Oh, the shame of it.

Well, that answers that question, anyway.

Apparently it uses its own AUG 9mm 25-round mags as well as 32-round Steyr MPi mags, not the TMP mags. The MPi looks like a poor copy of the Uzi, to my eyes, disappointing from Steyr. I guess that's why it's not well known.

As for the barrel thread - well if it would be used, that'd be nice, but I probably wouldn't put a silencer on mine. Then again, I might if the option was there, who can say?

maybe of some interest here, one of the players here in the pacific northwest is selling a project of his... AUG SMG Mod... Drop me a line for a link to the post but heres the pic

post-42015-1202676293_thumb.jpg

maybe of some interest here, one of the players here in the pacific northwest is selling a project of his... AUG SMG Mod... Drop me a line for a link to the post but heres the pic

Oh wow - we'd never have noticed that. Thank you so much. :rolleyes::unsure:

Dude - *READ*. Use your eyes. Donut posted about that 9mm AUG in here several times, before even listing it for sale... :o

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/7792/stufffq5.jpg

Anyone know where you can get the flashlight or laser mount for the AUG? I want to give mine a more military feel, and bulk up the front a little. Thanks.

You ask, and your King answers:

I use the Nitro-Vo AUG Side Rail - make sure you don't install it as shown in Redwolf's picture, it goes on the other side so the cocking handle will work - for my taclight.

Well, that or the A3esque RAS kit:

2060225199_e51bd5904a_o.jpg

Which has 20mm RAS rails on the bottom and both sides, which should allow you to fit everything you could ever want. It definitely "bulks up" the front of the AUG, also, making the rifle a bit front-heavy. As you can see, I'm using the Olive version of the King-Arms M3 taclight and an "AK" folding foregrip, also in olive. Not shown in that picture is the QD sling swivel that I use on the left side RAS rail - since the one on the top of the A3esqe kit is pretty poor and very badly placed.

You could also try this: Barrel-mounted RIS (Long) or this: Barrel-mounted RIS (short), or even this: AUG RIS (Black) or this: AUG RIS (Green). (I like those last two, might consider getting one myself.)

Hope that gives you an idea.

However, to make your AUG look more "military" you shouldn't use any of those things. Regular soliders in the armies that use the AUG (Austrian, Australian, Irish, etc) don't have millions of RIS accessories hanging off their rifles. The "Military" look would simply be a standard AUG A1/A2 with standard optics, probably looking a bit battered.

Bless you, my loyal subject, and may the AUG be with you.

Edited by Hedganian

That nitro thing will work perfectly.

I'm trying to copy these dudes (look on the left of their gun)

http://sordaustralia.com/images/sordinaction/iraq1.jpg

http://sordaustralia.com/images/sordinaction/iraq2.jpg

http://sordaustralia.com/images/sordinaction/dugin2.jpg

http://sordaustralia.com/images/sordinacti...1230rtf_007.jpg

Thanks Hedga- I mean King.

Btw- Check this out for cool AUG pictures.

http://sordaustralia.com/defence.php

That's "Sire" ;)

Looks like those guys are some sort of Australian Special Forces outfit. Special Forces like to put lots of RIS things on their weapons, makes them look cool.

Then again, I could be mistaken. I don't know much about the Aussie Forces. Anyone from Down Under care to butt in about now with some real info?

Here are some photos of my Nitro-Vo rail set up, with my handy-dandy tac-light:

2060223903_d77b5c1445_o.jpg

2061006460_e668b0764e_o.jpg

2061006980_81d114d950_b.jpg

Shown on the Para/Commando 5.56mm barrel.

Edited by Hedganian

The Para/Commando barrel is available here in one piece, or in two pieces here and here.

The longer barrel, often called the CQB or Carbine barrel, is available here in one piece or in two pieces here and here - that's for the A2 "birdcage" style flash excluder. You could use the A1 style flash excluder on the shorter barrel, but I think the A2 looks better on it.

Check Common Inner Barrel Length thread for the right inner barrel for each barrel length. I'll add the 9mm if/when I get Donut to make/sell me one. :)

Sadly, Evike seem to be out of stock of a lot of the AUG parts at the moment. I've got mine, so I'm not too bothered, but I hope they get some more stock soon for the rest of my loyal subjects to buy.

Edited by Hedganian

I get the feeling we've been over the bipod issue on that "H-Bar" before, so I won't go into it again.

Looks like you're holding it with both hands pretty close together - with a long barrel you'd be better off putting the foregrip back on and thus moving your grip further towards the end of the barrel. Would improve stability.

Or, if not, sell your spare foregrip to me. :)

I get the feeling we've been over the bipod issue on that "H-Bar" before, so I won't go into it again.

Looks like you're holding it with both hands pretty close together - with a long barrel you'd be better off putting the foregrip back on and thus moving your grip further towards the end of the barrel. Would improve stability.

Or, if not, sell your spare foregrip to me. :)

lol We have had the bipod discussion before :P but due to sourcing one thats more similar the the real one being nigh on impossible it'll do for me.

I don't have the foregrip :( wasn't on the gun when I bought it, otherwise it'd be there and I'd be using it. Was difficult at first to get used to holding it, with the bipod making it front heavy, but I've gotten used to it now.

Ah.

Where are all the foregrips that people take off their AUGs???

Why aren't they being sold to me?

Why do people take them off anyway? Okay, some people have an issue with the TM/CA stock metal being pants and breaking with the leave the foregrip down and ram it against a tree/wall or use it for a ladder (here's a hint - look after your weapon better!!) but you do what the rest of us do and get a steel foregrip pin to replace the stock one. It's not rocket-science...

The AUG doesn't look right without its foregrip.

Alright guys, would appreciate a few pointers here.

For a few months now I've had a silencer stuck on my AUG. Literally stuck. I screwed it on a little too vigorously while seeing what it looked like, and it's been stuck there ever since. I want rid of it.

I have no qualms with cutting up the screwing-on end of the silencer, I just want to cut it all off in the most efficient manner as to get it all off without damaging the thread of the flashhider.

I've tried lubing the thing up and twisting it off, but it simply won't budge. So yeah, any tips would be appreciated.

Alright guys, would appreciate a few pointers here.

For a few months now I've had a silencer stuck on my AUG. Literally stuck. I screwed it on a little too vigorously while seeing what it looked like, and it's been stuck there ever since. I want rid of it.

I have no qualms with cutting up the screwing-on end of the silencer, I just want to cut it all off in the most efficient manner as to get it all off without damaging the thread of the flashhider.

I've tried lubing the thing up and twisting it off, but it simply won't budge. So yeah, any tips would be appreciated.

I had the same problem (threads for a Marui Tracer unit), eventually it came off with a wrench. The threads still work, I'm really quite unsure why it was stuck, but I never tightened anything again after that. I can't say for certain it won't do anything to yours, but it worked for me.

The CA AUG's hope unit is a clone of the TM one, and as far as I know is fine. However, I replace mine with metal ones ASAP as I swap the barrels in and out a lot.

I recommend this one. Good luck finding a supplier, though, as WGC no longer seem to carry it.

However, this one is in stock. It has plastic rings, though - which are the bits which get damaged by repeated removing and replacing the barrel.

Edited by Hedganian