• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to cycle to work now! not that is too far... its only one thing... On the way home, there is a LARGE and LONG hill, going up that thing is not the easiest thing you could do.

BTW. im going to work soon, in about 30~ minutes :S

good luck with that hill! (altho it must be fun going down it on the way to work!)

Funnily enough, the old concrete ones in our street were only £666 and some pence a few years back. Parents had to pay for one after their Volvo 740 estate skidded on black ice (going only a few mph), mounted the kerb, climbed the 2 foot rise to the lamppost and promptly flattened it. The car needed it's tracking sorting out and a replacement gas strut for the bumper. Only other damage it had was a scratch on the bumper.

the one i had the good fortune to run over was a 3-in-1 lamp post in singapore. it not only had a lamp, it also had a yellow flashing ball as well as a pedestrian crossing sign on it as well. and i had the good fortune to run over it in a toyota whose front end promptly caved in. wish i was in a volvo instead.

Has anyone noticed how most of these crashes have come from street racing and going over the speed limit?

Actually they are not caused by going over the speed limit or street racing.

They're caused by the driver driving over his or hers ability.

Speed doesn't cause accidents they only make them more severe.

Edited by Moriquende

I once hit some ice on a sharp corner in a land rover.

I was only doing about 15mph (cos it was icy).

I (very slowly) slid of the road and onto the grass then one of the front wheels slipped into an irigation ditch and the landie tipped gracefully into it with hardly any damage.

Unfortunately, a big tow truck arrived and couldn't get the Landie out so, instead, dragged it for nearly a mile to the end of the ditch. The result was £9,000 of damage to the Landie (bodywork, chassis, axles, roof etc), thus writing it off.

Oh how I laughed... :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

This one's my little bit of pride and joy. I was the copilot:

n620960126_220611_3710.jpg

n620960126_220613_4463.jpg

n620960126_220609_2942.jpg

In the last one is my friend, the pilot. We have since learned that Chevy Luminas do not make very good planes. I think our air-time might have rivaled that of early test flights of the Wright brother's plane prototypes.

Accident specifications:

Location: Over raised traintracks on a back road. They were on a short hill that is about 6' tall, and the road dips steeply after that point.

Launch speed: 70 MPH (estimated)

Arc description: 12' max height, 90' until touchdown.

What stopped the car: Axle broke on impact, 120' of sliding. 3 trees hit, the first being about 1.5' in diamater and the remaining two about 6" in diameter.

Injuries sustained: 3/4" long cut on forehead, small evulsion on right side of jawline just below my ear, small nick on my right pec. All have healed very nicely since, leaving character-giving but not noticeable scars. My friend was luckier, since he only had some bruising from the airbag, IIRC. We were lucky to make it out alive, let alone in our condition.

Reason: Idiocy of youth.

Punishment: Nothing for me, reckless driving for my friend.

This accident has since been given its own sign; by the train tracks there is now a nice official sign with a car flying over railroad tracks with a big X over it.

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...