AK & Variants Picture Thread

Very nice looking AK. I tried a cobra scope on mine last nigh and all I can think about is how to get one. I even think I could live without being able to fold the stock.

just get a pouch for the kobra. the whole point of the mounting system is for QD optics with no need to be re-zeroed. bung the kobra in a pouch when you need/want the stock folded.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ey guys i havent posted lately, heres my problem

On the GHK aks74u the selector is being very weird everything else on the rifle is going perfect. this is whats happening so when i put it in semi and rack the bolt back it shoots in full auto and you know when you pull the bolt back and the hammer is still down its not supposed to go back into safe? well it is and its letting me put the hammer back up when i pull the trigger in safe its just all backwards and messed up? anyone want to help me or know how to fix this?

Quick answer - when set to safe it doesnt sound as though the internal paddle of the selector is sitting at the correct angle to engage the fingers on the trigger block and spring loaded rear hook properly.

Or the selector is broken

Padle angle

When paddle angle is set properly the selector set to safe will lock the trigger and prevent it being pulled

See if setting the lever just below safe locks the trigger - if so your paddle is currently angled too far forward Now I'm not sure if its possible to set it like that given the trigger mechanism design (Id need mine in front of me) to check for sure, but your 'full auto on semi' suggest it might be

If that doesnt lock the trigger then open the top cover and with top cover still open see if you can move the selector above the normal safe position (dont force it - just see if it'll move that direction a little under normal pressure) If it can, see wether that locks the trigger - if so the paddle is currently angled too far back.

Of the two 'paddle angled too far back' is the one Id normally expect but it doesnt really tie in with your full auto when set to semi (with paddle too far back your more likely to end up with 'semi when set to full auto')

broken lever

The paddle is at the bottom of two 'arms' The left hand arm fits into a hole in the left hand side of the receiver, while the right hand arm has a groove in it for an E-clip that fits inside the righthand side of the receiver. As well as that groove the right hand arm is threaded for the selector lever screw to screw into it.

With receiver cover open check that the right hand arm hasnt cracked

If that right hand arm fractures then the selector lever wont actually fall off the gun (the E-clip on the inside will prevent the part its attached to coming out of the receiver, while the selector lever screwed onto the outside of it will prevent the broken part dropping inside) Instead the paddle will sort of hang there like a damp noodle in roughly the correct position and the external selector may well look (and feel) as though nothing is wrong.

Cos of that, while the paddle might be blocking the trigger fingers etc just like its supposed to on safe, it wont have the strength to actually resist the trigger moving (either by user pulling trigger or by hammer trying to get under the front hooks while gun is being cocked)

Likewise when you rotate the external selector lever downwards thru the various modes (safe, then auto then semi), that break means its wont neccessarily be moving the selector paddle far enough back inside the gun to allow free movement of the springloaded rear hook (which will prevent the gun from firing semi and leaving it in auto regardless of selector position) In fact thanks to the break it may not be rotating the internal paddle at all

For any more of an answer than that other posible causes etc ask the same question in the GHK review thread or create a thread in technical forum for it (It'll save filling the AK picture thread with back and forth questions and answers and photos and sketches in order to fix it)

Edited by snorkelman

My new AKMS:

hpim4321zn4.jpg

G&G, havn't had a chance to test fire yet, but otherwise very impressed with it.

I assume on these types you can't just switch the front ends like you could on maruis? I was thinking of buying a cheap AKSU front and and using it as an AKMSU when the mood took me.

My old one's for sale (see sig for link) if anyone wants it.

-Matt

*picture request*

can someone take a picture of the hop up in a GHK GBB AK74SU. I think mine is buggered as the mags are no longer feeding and I think the little nub in front of the hop hole has snapped off. Ideally the picture should be good quality and show the hop up from the mag hole in the receiver.

cheers in advance

*picture request*

can someone take a picture of the hop up in a GHK GBB AK74SU. I think mine is buggered as the mags are no longer feeding and I think the little nub in front of the hop hole has snapped off. Ideally the picture should be good quality and show the hop up from the mag hole in the receiver.

this do?

hopup2.jpg

^^^Cool RPD, very COD4^^^^

Is this really even important? I doubt anyone cares that it is from COD4. It is a very beautiful gun, but is "COD4 COOL!" really the best comment we can come up with?

Edited by Squeezee
snorkelman,

thats just what I need and it confirms my hop is buggered. god knows where I will get a replacement so looks like I will need to do a bit of butchering <_<

aye as redscare mentioned RA-tech will flog you a spare hop unit (I think its 12 bucks or sommit?)

They left mine out of the kit they sent (so sent it seperately via ordinary airmail rather than EMS) but as it was a small packet only took a few days

Still havent had mine fully in one peice and operating as it should lol

After hop unit finally turned up I got it together bar the selector (early dboys RK01 has the left fake receiver rivet in like a limpet so had to wait till I got access to the arbor press to force it out)

In meantime a few mags worth of 'no selector so semi-only' useage was enough to start wearing the bolt carrier ..so I've got the bolt carrier back out to mock up a redesign..

now bolt carrier is back out I finally get acess to the arbor and press that fake rivet out hurrah.. only to find that when selector is fitted the selector paddle is fouling the finger on the springloaded rear trigger hook anytime I try to set selector back to auto from semi (smacks head)

Edit - I wonder if thats part of the reason a few folks have broken the selector arm inside the receiver (eg with enough brute force I could probably force the paddle past the spring loaded rear trigger hook on way back up from semi to auto, but would be putting a lot of strain on the selector arm doing that)

Anyways (hopefully) by time bolt is redone at start of next week I'll have had time to fettle the selector paddle and actually have the whole thing running as it should for once lol

Edit - good to see you got it sorted

Edited by snorkelman

so far I have had the following problems with mine:

1. plastic chamber on the bolt snapped - superglued back together and ordered a metal one from RA Tech

2. selector bending all over the place - need to reset to right position to get safe, semi and full auto twice now

3. hop up thingy snapped off and fixed with a screw

4. let's not even talk about the mags.

apart from that it's a great gun to fire. The blowback and noise is top notch but i'm beginning to think that skirmishing with it isn't going to happen. it might end up next to my TOP MP40 as a wall hanger :(

Sadly this realsword is a lemon <_<

Um... I'll take it. ;) Where's your cleaning rod?

But since this is a picture thread, I will have some up in a few.

EDIT: Hehe, I was going for kind of a "terrorist" atmosphere. I think the grill igniter in the chicom makes it.

28j8ign.jpg

5v12l2.jpg

2mesoev.jpg

6sbcqf.jpg

126b2nc.jpg

e9i3w0.jpg

Edited by beta08

It's been a long time since I posted anything, so here goes :)

My gun is finally starting to take shape... I really missed my wz96 Beryl (I had to sell both my beloved custom guns, the Beryl and the C7A1, before moving to Canada... stupid laws ;-( )

It took me a bloody year to get all the parts I wanted. All I need to do now is to get the sidefolder stock on and do some cosmetic mods to the front end, and that's it :)

rifledk8.jpg

It's been a long time since I posted anything, so here goes :)

My gun is finally starting to take shape... I really missed my wz96 Beryl (I had to sell both my beloved custom guns, the Beryl and the C7A1, before moving to Canada... stupid laws ;-( )

It took me a bloody year to get all the parts I wanted. All I need to do now is to get the sidefolder stock on and do some cosmetic mods to the front end, and that's it :)

Simply stunning. It looks goo and I can't imagine how insanely practical it will be.