AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must be a Khyber Pass 74 then as it's chambered in 7.62x29mm.

Yeah, my ultimate plan is for it to be a Khyber Pass AK, just haven't had the cash to get the parts yet.

Nice Pictures TheMerchentofVenice

love the random bottle of Safari Aftershave in there, is that what all balaclava clad AK toting gun fighters are splashing on before they go in to a firefight these days then?

Thanks, it's cologne though! Yes, it's what the balaclava clad AK toting "soldiers" are wearing nowadays.

That must be a Khyber Pass 74 then as it's chambered in 7.62x29mm.

more like an AK103 with a skeleton stock what with the black furniture ;)

just got an email from LCT with this. Quite interesting.

post-18835-1230720023_thumb.jpg

sweet! i wonder if they've had t sense to nick VFC's hop up design yet? if so then i'll probably say balls to the VFC AKM series! both have unrealistic finishes, but at least bluing looks nicer than that matte black nonsense.

YAY! Got m first AK. Got it for free to :P , and to make it even better, its broken everywhere, ust the way an AK should be ^_^

Had to JBweld a stock tang back one, then tape the stock back, had to then fix the top-cover assy, and find some screws to fix the front end. The I had to tackle the morass of its *suitcasey* SRC GB. Piston Bottomed out, last tooth is completely severed, there is a metric shiton of grease inthe thing and it needs to be reshimmed and teflon taped to stock airloss..... Fun, Fun, Fun

Pictures of it all in a few minutes.....

EDIT: Damnit the camera died, pic will have to wait till tomorrow....

Sees that SRC Compression setups aren't worth a damn... The one in this gun couldn't hold any real compression, doing the compression test with it was comparable to taking a knife through butter, thats how craptastic it was... Swapped it for some TM/ICS cylinder and head and piston and head, with a new O-ring... Lubed it and did the compression test, it was impossible to push the piston through the cylinder... Perfect... Seems SRC can't shim worth a damn either, that is gonna take some work... Th angle of engagement is off to, I got my work cut out for me......

Edited by Vercingetorix
Thank you. Is it possible to use a weak gas to get it below 350, or even 300, while still functioning properly?

Um i doubt it i dont have any duster around or even a chrono. i think the lowest you could get it at 350 and mayb turn off the hop up mayb you might get close to 300 but im not sure becuase with propane its hitting in the 415 range.

i thought propane and top gas were the same thing. snorkleman is building his, when he's finished, he might be able to help

sorry i ment. duster.

Duster on some reports are shooting 350.

Propane/top gas are shooting 415.

edit: does anyone know how to tighten up the selector on the GHK aks? becuase mine came very loose and when it shoots the recoil puts it into single. when i want it on full.

Edited by RUSHER2

i tried burning my flash hider in order to start weathering my AK a bit, but it wasnt working well with a lighter. so i built a small fire and tossed it in, but it still didnt work great. i got a little carried away and eventually tossed my AKSU wood grips in the fire as well. and heres the result

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010004-3.jpg

the flash hider didnt give the desired effect, even after i tossed it in the fire for quite a while. so i took out the power sander and went to work. i think i may have overdone the flash hider a bit, but i like the wood. i started weathering the front of the gun and im working my way back. im gonna eventually tie it to the hitch of my car and drag it through gravel, mud, grass, and whatever else i run over. ill remove all the internals first though.

Yes, that's steel.

Ok thanks!

I really want an AK 104 and Cyma's CM040D maybe it, but I didn't get anything nice for myself on Christmas. So I was looking through LCT/RMW/INO line of AK's too and they do not have the the full AK 104 kit I even contacted Dynamic Star, and they said they didn't even have it. I've sourced the parts out still I'm not sure if all the parts come with the screws needed.

And another thing, do the kits have there own bolt and battery tray or do they use TM's?

Ok thanks!

I really want an AK 104 and Cyma's CM040D maybe it, but I didn't get anything nice for myself on Christmas. So I was looking through LCT/RMW/INO line of AK's too and they do not have the the full AK 104 kit I even contacted Dynamic Star, and they said they didn't even have it. I've sourced the parts out still I'm not sure if all the parts come with the screws needed.

And another thing, do the kits have there own bolt and battery tray or do they use TM's?

The LCT kits come with their own bolt system. Should have you covered.

I had no luck so far in the tech forum so i will try here, HELP ME YOU AK MASTERS

I have a vfc aims, I want to put a real steel posp scope or something similiar. I tried my friends and it didnt fit on the rail thats on the aims, but he informed me that there might be different scopes that will fit the rail on the vfc. So my question is what can i fit on my rail, or do i have to change it.

Would this fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/POSP-4x26-Red-Illumina...1713.m153.l1262

e55b5c6f.jpg

Jus replied to you via tech forum :)

Here it is again!

My vfc rail didnt work for real ak scopes, it was 1-2mm too thin on the clamp rails.

I replaced it with a cyma one, which is slightly thicker, works perfect on pk-a, kobra, and pso scopes.