SIG Picture Thread

A while ago there was a conversation about the lack of trades on PGC kits. Looking at mine and seeing comparison pictures, I think it's possible that the PGC kit has perhaps military model trademarks (MK24). Here's a fairly clear view of the real steel "Navy" P226 (taken from Military Morons, hosted by me ;)):

p226b.jpg

My PGC kit is only missing the "Sigarms Inc. Made in Germany" bit to the side of "Sig Sauer".

I'd really like to see the other side, maybe I'll email them.

It's a good excuse atleast :P

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here´s my P226 two-tone. Just a "normal" TM/UN Company Custom gun, with Creation metal slide. Interestingly enough, I bought this gun early December last year but didn´t get to shoot it until last weekend. It´s winter here and weather has been far too cold for gas guns.

post-715-1143277620_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of this pic. It´s shot with a mobile phone camera under fairly poor lighting...

I had planned on polishing & painting the details to match real P226 two-tone, but now I spotted that SIG has done a minor "facelift" for their pistol series and the details in their current P22X guns are indeed black. Meh, I´d preferred stainless details, but at least this saves me the effort now. Considering that I had bought this GBB as a skirmish tool and a showpiece.

Check out SIGArms website for their new P226R two-tone.

My PGC kit is only missing the "Sigarms Inc. Made in Germany" bit to the side of "Sig Sauer".

Actually, that's "Sigarms Inc. Exeter-NH" in the real picture. Older P226s used to say "Made in Germany" on the right side of the slide, but the newer non-railed P226s do not. The new railed frames (and most of the metal railed kits) say "Sigarms Inc. Exeter-NH-USA", but down below the break on the slide (because they have the "P226 Stainless" to the right of the "Sig Sauer" above the break). The frames say "Frame Made in Germany", but slides are made in the US.

Has anyone put real steel factory grips on their TM P226? Is there a noticeable difference in look/feel? I assume that they take as much work as Hogue grips to put on.

Edited by carpandean
The Creation model is missing extractor detail.

An interesting note: having looked at the pictures on UN Company's webpage, I noticed that only the black aluminum creation slide is missing this detail. Both the silver aluminum and black steel slides have the extractor. Weird :blink:

Anyone know what type of finish (painted vs anodized) Creation uses? Anyone seen their steel slide in person?

Another note for all you p226 customizers: if you go to the Carom webpage and look at their TM P226 page (go to "Custom Parts" and click on the only link that says P226), they have a silver takedown lever (is that what it is called?), recoil guide rod, grip screws and outer barrel in addition to the trigger and hammer seen on Titleist's great gun. Also, they have a black inner barrel, which I think would look great (or, more to point, wouldn't be seen) in a black outer barrel. I found the takedown lever at http://www.hzbros.jp/.

Edited by carpandean

Nice find, I'd love that take down lever and stainless crews they offer, all I'd need then are the slide release and decocker. My chromed parts do fine, but you have to do occasional hand polishing as since they're bare aluminum rust is a definite risk with bare metal.

Another note for all you p226 customizers:  if you go to the Carom webpage and look at their TM P226 page (go to "Custom Parts" and click on the only link that says P226), they have a silver takedown lever (is that what it is called?), recoil guide rod, grip screws and outer barrel in addition to the trigger and hammer seen on Titleist's great gun.  Also, they have a black inner barrel, which I think would look great (or, more to point, wouldn't be seen) in a black outer barrel.  I found the takedown lever at http://www.hzbros.jp/.

Nice find, I'd love that take down lever and stainless crews they offer, all I'd need then are the slide release and decocker. My chromed parts do fine, but you have to do occasional hand polishing as since they're bare aluminum rust is a definite risk with bare metal.

Aluminium doesn't rust, it will oxidize though and tarnish from sweat

You do know what rust is don't you?

According to Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: rust

Function: verb

1 : to form rust : become oxidized

Main Entry: rust

Function: noun

1 a : the reddish brittle coating formed on iron especially when chemically attacked by moist air and composed essentially of hydrated ferric oxide b : a comparable coating produced on a metal other than iron by corrosion

So, I guess aluminum does rust. Though, having worked in a fabrication shop that used both steel and aluminum, I can say that typically one says that steel (iron) rusts and aluminum oxidizes.

• 2 weeks later...

DSC00702.jpg

From Top To Bottom

-Sig 550 w/ Custom Fiberglass Fullstock (burst removed)

-Sig 550 w/ Carrot 552 Handguards (burst intact)

-Sig 551 w/ Hurricane Metal body gen 1 painted OD (burst intact)

-Sig 552 w/ Hurricane Metal body gen 2 and laylax silencer. upgraded internally