SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the twins:

TwinP226s.jpg

The top one has a PGC fame/slide/outer barrel kit, a PDI inner barrel, stock springs, stock flow valve and factory (real steel) grips. I custom modified it to run as a Double Action Only (DAO), which took a lot more than just removing the SA catch on the hammer. With the stock hammer spring, I like to think of it as a P226R DAK (Double Action Kellermann -- Sig's new low trigger weight DAO system). See pics/vids below.

The bottom one has a Guarder frame/slide kit, VFC outer barrel, Guarder recoil/trigger springs and hi-flow valve. It is a Traditional Double Action (TDA, a.k.a. DA/SA).

The PGC body has crisper lines from the CNC and a nicer finish. However, it feels a little bit lighter (even withouth the steel VFC outer barrel vs. the aluminum PGC outer barrel) and where the finish is worn, it looks like white paint instead of metal. I am not exactly sure why that is, because I thought it was anodized. Also, another pet peeve is that the trigger screw detail is awful on the PGC kit. I thought that the Guarder was pretty obviously stamped into the side of the frame, but the PGC one is just a circle on both sides with a line through the left side. It amazed me that they took the time to make a separate extractor and then did that. I am going to sell one of these and I don't know which metal kit I will be keeping at this point.

Another photo of the DAK; this time with the Gaurder body and factory grips:

P226RDAK-DA3.jpg

and a couple of videos showing the function:

http://media.putfile.com/P226RDAK4

http://media.putfile.com/P226RDAK3

Edited by carpandean
Has anyone picked up one of the Guarder SIG bolts yet?

Yep, goes CLACK!!!!!! just like you want it to when released but best in the metal body. :P

I will endevour to get some pictures of my sigs for all to peruse. Really enjoying this thread. ;)

I always like these Sigs, reminds me of the weapon Al Pacino had in the movie Heat  :P

That was an FN CAL, its the 5.56mm version of the 7.62mm FAL or SLR, not too dissimilar with its folding butt and the front end shape, espically if you don't get a close look. ;)

Strange how they never caught on since they came out in the early 80s i would have thought they'd be more popular (m4 mags as well).

Ebay. They take a bit of dremel work to make them fit. The older style may take more work since Marui designed its trigger bar spring after the newer style Sigs. The old style grips have to be modified to fit on newer real steel Sigs, too. If you do use the old style, they really should be on a PGC non-railed kit since it is the only one designed after the older style Sigs.

Edited by carpandean
Didn't Bauer use a 228?

Yeah, I´ve seen him use P228, P229 and P226 in past seasons (all in two-tone configuration). I guess Bauer´s P226 was sort of movie blunder, I recall numerous times where he actually used P228 first but then all of the sudden he had a P226 in another cut of same scene!

Meh, that was awfully clumsy English, sorry. But you´ll get the idea! ;)

If you do use the old style, they really should be on a PGC non-railed kit since it is the only one designed after the older style Sigs.

This is for Mathub too.

I just installed a PGC non-railed metal kit onto the TM P226 of an army mate of mine. The original new style grips fit perfectly so I'm going to have to assume that the old style realsteel grips have to be modified to fit this frame just like any other. The trigger bar spring was new type, so the metal kit is "old style" only by lacking the rail and having a larger trigger guard.

Very sexy kit by the way. Took a bit of filing and sanding to get the magazine to fit properly, and the action is very tight at first. Absolutely no play in any direction, even less rattle than the real P226 we use. I have a P226 X-Five (hand fitted slide and barrel) at home and this PGC/TM comes very close to that.

-Sale

Well, the choice of internals was made by Marui, so they had to plan around the newer style trigger-bar spring. For the same reason, it would have the newer style take-down lever and the shorter mainspring and strut (another area where the old-style grips may need to be modded).

It also has the older style trades, the "internal" extractor (well, it doesn't have a fake external extractor like all other kits) and the older style rear sight. Basically, it is supposed to look like the older rolled carbon steel slide instead of the newer milled stainless slide.

By the way, nice choice on the X5; an excellent shooter. Which model did you get: original, Competition, Tactical or Allround? (These are the SigArms USA names, so they may be different from the models sold by Sig-Sauer in Germany, though, they are all made there).