SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of sand paper do you need to sand?

i love the silver looks, but i don't know how do to them

get some fine wet n dry(i thinkit was 200, not sure), a flat smooth surface like a mirror(that's waht i used), wet the paper and then just slide the slider(after you have taken it off the frame and removed all the bits!!!!) from left to right or right to left in a straight smooth motion(make the motion to be to the length of the slide otherwise you won't get that "brushed" effect)(if you know what i mean!!) what happens then is the bits that are protruding(the ones that are bare now!!! :P ) will be sanded down. make sure you keep the paper wet as it prevents clogging. also make sure you have a lot of time!!! took me just over 2hrs to do!!! :o and thats JUST the sides of the slide!!! if you do get abrasions elsewhere, just get some krylon and correct it afterwards.

@ tommygun, thanx but i have gotten used to the release being on the side it is!! i did have it the other way round whith the stock frame, but on trying to do this on the metal frame i found there is no tapped screw hole on the right side to fit the stop on!!!! so i had to live with it. still i love me 226......... :D

@ hitmanNo2, the controls are actually glass beaded as i am blessed with working at a workplace that actually does have one!!! i'm sure you could stick some paintstripper on to remove the black, but don't quote me on that as i havent tried it.... or even sanding them down with sandpaper(which was my first intention, but then i remembered the beads at work!!!)

@ Lithium Jack, thanx for the comment, appreciate it!! :D

i will post some more pics once i got me silver outer barrel!!!!

Edited by airwolfie

ics is making a 552 right?

any idea when will it be out?

btw, a scene from "The Unit"

that is a 552 right?

what kind of rail is on top?

is it something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/King-Arms-Flattop-Aimp...oQQcmdZViewItem

seems like the rear sight has been removed. Is it possible on the TM one?

would it be kind high to mount a Aimpoint or an ACOG on there?

final one, is it possible to make a 552 look like the second one?

flat top rail with no rear sights?

post-25590-1166772000_thumb.jpg

post-25590-1166774933_thumb.jpg

Edited by no1rc3ur

i think its like 3 comanys that are planing to make the sigg,,,great! i hope they will do the m4 stockadapter and a good ras/ris.

my 550 and 551 is waiting.

i have no problem working whit the sigg v3 mecbox. when you have done it a couple of times, then its very easy;)