SIG Picture Thread

please advise on the barrel problem.

although i haven't shoot it yet, (still waiting for metal slide/barrel, recoil guide)

but stupid loose fitting ###### me off.

and also, how do you take the front sight off?

thanks

Edited by no1rc3ur
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please advise on the barrel problem.

although i haven't shoot it yet, (still waiting for metal slide/barrel, recoil guide)

but stupid loose fitting ###### me off.

and also, how do you take the front sight off?

thanks

remove the slide from the frame(pull slide back, put catch on, push safety down all the way till it points to the ground, release catch while holding slide, pull slide off to the front).

look on the inside of the slide at the front where the front sight is, you will see there is a plastic clip holding the sight. just stick any ol tool in the loop and pull away from the front. the sight should now be free. when you put it on again, you ill se there is a little lip on the loop thingy, make sure they at the top when you stick it back, otherwise you will struggle to get it on again!!!(don't ask......... :rolleyes: )

thanks.

still want that problem fixed :|

I'll compare this one with my coming metal slide/barrel.

seems like ths guarder one is a little bit thinner than the OEM one

i hate you BTW!!! you got your silver barrel before i got mine!!!(kidding!!)

i'll see if mine will be the same and if so, i'll try n sort it out. will let you know!!!!

yeah i have a silver guarder barrel and it's always kind of loose. I finally got all my upgrade parts so i'm pretty happy now.

also i'm looking for the screw which holds the rear sight and the blowback chamber to the slide. anybody have a spare lying around? mine stripped.

oh my god. i'm relieved that i don't have to buy an entirely new gun. although, i do want another p226. please list some suggestions on what i should do with the p226 in terms of custom work besides the following:

TM P226

Guarder Black Frame and Slide

Guarder Silver Outer Barrel

I want something which is equally appealing but not overly done so that in the end it looks like a race pistol.

I was thinking of doing something like the Equinox Finish

Well I don't have a profile pic on hand so if you're still interested I'll take new photos tonight.  This one is an older pic with slightly different configuration.  The flash hider is actually an AK flash hider.  Not realistic I know but I needed to cover the slightly longer MC51 tightbore and I wasn't interested in using a short stubby suppressor that most people tend to do.

P1000627.jpg

ok, i know thats from a longggg way back lol

but does anybody know what kind of sight hes got on his? i love the look of it and want to get one for my sig

My real sig's barrel is a nice gray color from the wear, the chamber is not at all black anymore, but this light gray, not fully silver but not anodized anymore. That's how real guns end up looking. After about 2-3K rounds through my standard gbb 226 the barrel is STARTING to sort of look like how it really looks like on my real P226.