SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant! thankyou AS..

I didn't realise you could disengage the slidestop by pulling the slide back the extra couple of mm..

cheers.

edit- one other thing, are there any luminous sights available for the 226? I've had a shufty at a few AS retailers and drawn a blank.. :(

Edited by hardboiledcop

I have found a few nice looking tritium sights.. they're very similar to kimber sights (they're about 2cm long and slant from the rear)..

However, since realsteel sights dovetail into the slide. does the TM sight do the same? or does it merely screw in from the inside of the slide :(

Edited by hardboiledcop

I am not sure I will go take a look at my gun right now and try to figure that out.

Edit: Ok so I am looking at it right now and it looks as if the back ones screw in and the front ones dovetail. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by bilabong32

Neither sight is dovetailed on the standard marui, the front is held by the silly plastic thing and the rear is held just by the two screws throught the blowback engine.

The RS replacement screws have to be dovetailed.

With a good quality metal slide (like the Prime) the metal is strong enough to cut your own dovetails into it. Just remember, you can always remove more metal, you can't put it back.

they're actually thicker than the stock grips, but the smooth finish means they're a really snug fit in your palm.. really very nice, and actually a tad darker than the pictures would lead you to believe..

ta.

Looks good, I need to swap to wood on my own.

How is the cycling with the Prime kit?